editing team names

editing the team names in cricket 2005 is very easy provided u are doing it correctly,
it is very simmilar to edditing team names in cric 2004
so here's a small tetorial for editing
using the hex editor open ur exe (make a backup one)
first using the find option find the default team name u want to edit then edit it with ur new one ,
note it should be of exactly the same length or less
then use the find next function F3 and edit in the next destination until u find no more occurance
i have not changed the short names as i find the game crashes when i do so
i will post more screenshots if needed

here are the remaing area's to edit
hope u guys find my tetiorial useful
reply..........

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 621
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 465
  • Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 393
  • Clipboard04.jpg
    Clipboard04.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 372
  • Clipboard05.jpg
    Clipboard05.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 344
  • Clipboard06.jpg
    Clipboard06.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 347
do we need to edit these names(india b for eg) multiple times in the exe,wherever they occur?

yes ,i think ,if not then the game crashes, and i have also confirmed this with darrend's exe file
i think they occur 5 times only

Last edited:
just one thing to be noted here.the names are in reverse alpha order .the order must be maintained.
e.g.if u change'minor counties' to 'all time world xi',the game will crash.u need to re-order all the names to put it in the correct manner.

amit1 said:
just one thing to be noted here.the names are in reverse alpha order .the order must be maintained.
e.g.if u change'minor counties' to 'all time world xi',the game will crash.u need to re-order all the names to put it in the correct manner.
no i dont think so i have done according to my tutiorial and it has worked for me and also in darrend 's exe he has changed "minnor countries " to all time team in normal order...........

dont go rushing to the play now screen to check the edited teams
the safest way to check is to go to----->my cricket-->squd managment-->ur team

One thing just make sure you don't go over the allocated space. e.g India B only uses 7 characters so you cannot use a team with 8.

Is it working only in Exhibition or in all modes?

Because if we can get it to work in all modes,we can create new teams and players then.
(Maybe even an World Cup Club Competition or something)

Users who are viewing this thread