England and Italy at Euro 2008, what could have been (LF + Phil)

Who will go further in Euro 2008?

• Total voters
awesoem graphics fellas some of the best going around in the other game stories at the moment

KUTGW:eek:

John Motson: Hello, I?m here in the players tunnel with man of the match Fabio Quagliarelltellia, erm?I mean Quagliarella of course. Fabio, how nice was it to get out there for your country and provide your team with three points?

Quagliarella: Thank you, it was fantastic! Superb! The team did really well, it feels really good to be part of that.

John Motson: Do you expect to start the next match?

Quagliarella: I do what the manager says. He is a legend.

John Motson: Thanks Fabio. Now, Carlo Ancelotti has joined me, hello, Carlo, do you now feel you are closer to getting a medal made of 23.55765g of gold?

Ancelotti: What? Well, yes, winning tournament would be fantastic, but first of all, we win against Sweden next.

John Motson: Fabio Quagliarella said you are a legend, will he be played in the next game?

Ancelotti: He said that? Well yes of course then, he did well on the pitch too.

John Motson: Thanks Carlo.

lol at the specific weight. Well the risky choices paid off. The fact that Italy had 13 shots where as the Swiss had 3 is a little worrying to be honest. Hmm. Quagliari (sp?) still played well

picture.php

Match Day 2 round up

Group B
Romania 1
Niculae 76

Sweden 3
Elmander 9, 83
Prica 90

Stade de Gen?ve, Geneva
Attendance: 29968
Referee: Rob Styles
Man of the match: Elmander

picture.php

Sweden left it late in this fast paced game with Romania. A header from Toulouse?s Johan Elmander early gave them a deserved lead and they dominated the first half with the Romanian defence struggling against the class and power of Ibrahimovic. As the second half went on it began to change and Romania came back into it before a long ball hoofed up by Chivu went straight through the Swedish defence with Granqvist left looking bemused as to how he failed to clear it, left Niculae through on goal and he coolly finished. Sweden soon upped the pace and Elmander bagged his second with a volley from the edge of the box smashing into the top corner. The Romanians had nothing left and Prica came off the bench to cap a good win for Sweden in the final minute.

picture.php

Group D
Greece 0

Serbia 1
Kezman 28

St Jakobspark, Basel
Attendance: 33312
Referee: Ivan Bebek
Man of the match: Vidic

picture.php

A dull match between 2 of the more defensively minded sides saw Serbia come away with 3 points. A goal from Fenerbah?e and former Chelsea star Mateja Kezman was the difference between the 2 very even teams. A corner found his run and he was able to nod it in past the despairing goalkeeper at the near post. There was not much else to talk about as Nemanja Vidic proved a wall in the Serbian defence preventing any real chances for the Greeks and Serbia happily went home with 3 points and 1 step closer to the quarter finals.

Evening Game

Spain 0

Germany 1
Klose 30

Stade de Suisse Wankdorf, Bern
Attendance: 31759
Referee: Uriah Rennie LMAO!!!
Man of the match: Lehmann

picture.php
picture.php

A typical German performance saw them pick up 3 points completely undeservedly. The Spanish played fantastic flowing football with Villa proving a real threat. The German defence didn?t play particularly well but somehow they kept a clean sheet with Lehmann making saves for what seemed like the whole 90 minutes. The Spanish need to be more clinical in the future and the injury that Captain Raul picked up could be a blessing in disguise if it sees Fernando Torres get the place in the side he deserves. A header from Klose that just beat Casillas was enough in the end though and the Spanish would quite happily have played badly and won so they can?t complain. It wasn?t a good performance but it was German, and the German way did it, they got the 3 points over their toughest opponents and things are looking good for the favourites.​

Elmander is moving to Boltn now but as of this moment he is a Toulouse player :p Phil I would go on MSN but it's friday ****ing night and I have to go out.

Good start here lads and I'm not picking out a fault but it hasn't got Serbia in Phil's screenshot. Great presentation so far you two, keep it up. :)

Good start here lads and I'm not picking out a fault but it hasn't got Serbia in Phil's screenshot. Great presentation so far you two, keep it up. :)
Cheers:D:cheers What screenshot do you mean by the way?

Oh lol, thats the real website, and Serbia aren't in it real life:p.

Match Day 3 Round-up

Euro 2008 Group A
Monday 9th June 2008
Turkey 0-1 Czech Republic (Heinz 84)
Stadion an der Gugl, Linz
Man of the Match: Marek Heinz
Attendance: 21,304

A disappointing game in the afternoon heat of Austria, as two evenly matched sides cancelled each other out; until a late winner from Marek Heinz made sure the Czech Republic took all three points. Turkey had the better of the first half, with chances falling to Nihat, who hit wide on a one-on-one, and Newcastle midfielder Emre, who?s volley was saved by Petr Cech. The Czech Republic improved after the break, with a header from the disappointing Jan Koller, which skimmed the post. The game was summed up by the fact that the man of the match, Marek Heinz, only played fifteen minutes. However, for that time, he bamboozled the Turkish defence with constant ease, before scoring with a neat finish at the back post, with six minutes left on the clock to give Czech Republic the win. Later on tonight, Fabio Capello's England start their campaign against Austria.

picture.php

England V Austria

Gabriel Clarke’s big match preview
picture.php

England head into the opening game of this campaign full of promise but can they deliver? The players are there and have the ability but can Capello find the winning formula? A lot of pressure is on the new manager but it will not be an easy start. Playing against the hosts in the first game is always tough, they are so pumped up and the fans create a great atmosphere that it really puts you under pressure. The England boys will just have to do what they know best and hope they come good. If they can’t beat the Austrians they won’t win this tournament.

picture.php

The team: This is the side I expect to play tomorrow, Gerrard isn’t fit enough to play so Lampard will play in an attacking midfield role. Hargreaves will play in his typical holding role which will allow him to show his hard working attitude and let the others take the glory. Up front it will be Rooney and Owen as expected. Beckham will make it another England cap on the right, testament to his attitude and ability. Joe Cole will play on the left. A very solid back 4 with Richards just forcing out Neville whilst Paul Robinson is in between the sticks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread