England In India - October 2011/12

2000th test - 100th test between England and India - 200 for KP. Sweet! :D

Good knock from KP, but without it we'd have struggled. Would have been interesting to see how England fared against an attack with Khan able to bowl the full innings, he is their best bowler for English conditions - well maybe Kumar isn't so bad, but I'd still back Khan

Worried about this pitch's nature though, Nasser literally claimed this pitch would get flatter and flatter as time progressed than crumble. Hope he's wrong.

Looked to be enough in the pitch, England will need to make early inroads or it could be a long long day. Can only really see two results - England win or a draw. England have scored too many runs for India to be able to force a victory unless they can say score 650 quickly and England crumble, but I think that's unlikely. Can't see England bowling the Indians out twice for much less than 500-600, if the Indians aren't bowled out today/by tomorrow lunchtime I can see this being a tame draw.

Its about time the Indian management realizes Harbhajan isnt good enough for tests anymore.

You're referring to Dhoni as the half, right? :p
:D Maybe

----------

On another note, what has happened to Raina's bowling? He was supposed to be the tight, canny, go-to part timer in ODIs...gets smashed by Somerset and was getting smashed over here.

Well I am sure Raina won't play the next match unless he scores a big hundred here. India will be enticed to play the Yuvi for his left arm pies :p. They will not want to see another KP Double hundred.

2nd Day of this Historical test goes to KP and PK. :D

Well-deserved double century for KP, good to see some patience from him. PK should have got to play Test matches earlier. He is a superb swing bowler. Ishant once again failed miserably. Missed Zak so much !!! :facepalm

why is raina back in the team?

I mean, that dismissal against SA was a sign of serious, serious problems with the short ball. Has he actually rectified this or are they just rotating middle order hopefuls until one of them sticks? I would have stuck with Kohli, I felt nerves did him in more than anything.

Seems like a sunny day at Lord's. :cheers A Prompt start. :) By the end of today's play we will get a clear picture of where this test is going.

Come on India.....Pile on the runs..... :clap :clap Get those individual 100's & 200's coming from your bat :D

Last edited:
Just got back from my meeting with my lets say 'friend' and India are going to have to follow on. You heard it here first!

Broad really just isn't very good. I hope he proves basically the whole country wrong though.

----------

Although, I still want Bresnan (or Finn) in the next test

Not really doing a lot the English bowlers. Anderson's found some swing but isn't hooping it like PK, Tremlett and Broad not really looking vicious either.

----------

Oh, nm, Broad's swinging it now at nice pace.

Users who are viewing this thread