Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Without sounding Australian, the Windies didn't stand a chance with Lara and now he's gone, this should be a clean sweep for England. Chanderpaul is the only batsman in your team, apart from maybe Bravo, that regurlarly stands up to England's bowlers. Sure, Gayle can smack us around but he doesn't get past 50. We may underperform but we always do the job against the Windies and I don't see that changing.

Plus, name one player from the 70/80s era who still plays for either team and maybe you'll have an argument.

Without sounding Australian, the Windies didn't stand a chance with Lara and now he's gone, this should be a clean sweep for England. Chanderpaul is the only batsman in your team, apart from maybe Bravo, that regurlarly stands up to England's bowlers. Sure, Gayle can smack us around but he doesn't get past 50. We may underperform but we always do the job against the Windies and I don't see that changing.

Plus, name one player from the 70/80s era who still plays for either team and maybe you'll have an argument.

:D:DMore of leaving in the past.:D:D

Is it really matter which teams strong on the paper or which team has performed well in past?
Hell no,it is all about a one day even one good session.
If Cricket is running by records or past tours then Bangla would have never beaten India neither Ireland would have done same with Pakistan.

No Doubt England has much to cheer than WI for now. But still both teams have some problems where WI is struggling to find right bowling combinations and England to score 400+ in 1st innings.
I am still not backing up WI but surely it won't be as easy for England as you guys are thinking.

LOL@these english fools, A mean seriously, the Windies wasn't in the best state when they played in England. Ganga was the captain then, whole different story come next year. And to be honest, I don't see much talent in the english team, it's just luck luck luck everyday. Always one man saving the team.

Australia isn't have an easy time playing against windies today and thats without the leadership of gayle, south Africa got beaten with a decent windies team and won the others where we were weak. ;)

In the history of cricket, two rulers, WEST INDIES and AUSSIES :D

The way the Windies have played Australia it might seem England may have a rude shock especially with their batting. It'll be an interesting series for sure.

Without sounding Australian, the Windies didn't stand a chance with Lara and now he's gone, this should be a clean sweep for England. Chanderpaul is the only batsman in your team, apart from maybe Bravo, that regurlarly stands up to England's bowlers.

I heard that Sarwan fellow isn't too bad.

Anyone that talks back to McGrath is a legend. Was he injured last time?

I reckon West Indies will make easy work of the English. Chanders and Sarwan are in top form, Bravo with his allround performances and Edwards finding his feet again with the ball, they seem to be too hot for England.

I reckon West Indies will make easy work of the English. Chanders and Sarwan are in top form, Bravo with his allround performances and Edwards finding his feet again with the ball, they seem to be too hot for England.

Big call there. Personally i think England's batting is mediocre at best. Their bowling is the key. Add flintoff, sidebottom, Broad, monty and in-form anderson then its bye bye for the windies. However, if the windies get their act together then its bye bye for the pommies.

I heard that Sarwan fellow isn't too bad.

LOL did someone mentioned about our guys standing up to english bowlers and said it was only Chanderpaul and Bravo, I guess he should ask Gayle to introduce him to Hoggard, last time met if I recall it was on 4 by 6 Avenue and Gayle ended up leaving him on 24 Drive drying his tears.

Yeah yeah, the Windies are gonna demolish us. You can think that all you want. All the better when we come over their and win. It was the same story in 2004.

LOL did someone mentioned about our guys standing up to english bowlers and said it was only Chanderpaul and Bravo, I guess he should ask Gayle to introduce him to Hoggard, last time met if I recall it was on 4 by 6 Avenue and Gayle ended up leaving him on 24 Drive drying his tears.

Doesn't go on much though, does he?

The same Hoggard who got Gayle out twice in the last Test series (Hoggard injured himself in the first test and only returned then)? The same Gayle whose high score in the series was 52? The same West Indies team that had just two players averaging over 40 with the bat and only 3 over 30? The same West Indies team who, after Chanderpaul, could only manage an individual high score of 60? All this against a bowling lineup that for the majority of the series had Plunkett and Harmison.

I don't know where this huge overconfidence is coming from, but it could be England's downfall. West Indies is not an easy place to go and win (four years ago was a huge exception and WIndies were DIRE)
It will be tough, the West Indies batting AND bowling has improved since 2004 & 2007.

I would say England are favourites, but wouldn't be surprised if WIndies won at least one of the tests, and that the series was drawn.

Just a warning, don't be complacent - ever! :cool:

When India and Pakistan Comes together or Even Australia and South Africa, when they come together to play a series, it would be a very exciting series.

The Same goes for the Caribbean boys and the Englishman.

When the come together there is Action Galore.

ICC world Cup 2007 Proved it, one of the most exciting Match was that of England VS West Indies.

Now England Vs West Indies is here again, in the Caribbean.

And boy this will rock de nation.​

Users who are viewing this thread