Story England International Season - September 8th, 2007 - India in England

Who will finish victorious in the Natwest ODI Series?

• Total voters

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
England have got crucial wickets of both Indian openers. Ganguly and Dravid will need to bat really well to make sure that India reaches to a good total. Yuvraj, Dhoni and Pathan are still left to bat so India can still reach to a good total. Flintoff is bowling well so are Anderson and Tremlett. Nice start to the match by England.

Nice presentation Treva. :)

Harishan

Club Cricketer
That's some class presentation, trev. And I'm loving those scorecards.

Hopefully Dada and Dravid can build a good partnership here and set India up for a respectable total.

just_cricket

Club Captain
Tbh, one thing I've never agreed with the likes of Surendar on is graphics. To me, graphics as brilliant and clean as your's really add to the story.
To me you can write brilliantly but if there's nothing eye catching I will gloss over the story - maybe comment that the writing is good but not take so much interest. Whereas you can get away with mediocre writing if your graphics are brilliant.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that even with hardly an writing, I enjoyed that update more than I've enjoyed any update on PC for some time. Great efforts being put in!

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Tbh, one thing I've never agreed with the likes of Surendar on is graphics. To me, graphics as brilliant and clean as your's really add to the story.
To me you can write brilliantly but if there's nothing eye catching I will gloss over the story - maybe comment that the writing is good but not take so much interest. Whereas you can get away with mediocre writing if your graphics are brilliant.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that even with hardly an writing, I enjoyed that update more than I've enjoyed any update on PC for some time. Great efforts being put in!

Thanks JC. I've always liked to seperate graphics from writing, and although many may complain that the update isn't detailed enough, I find it much easier to complete it like this. The detailed writing will come before and after the matches, with the actual visual aid coming when you actually want to see it.

I will tweak things a little for my T20 World Cup presentation, but the general principle will remain the same. Glad to see people still appreciating the story even if it is three years out of date :)

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
A good start by the England bowlers by getting the dangerous and aggressive Robin Uthappa for single figures. In addition, I feel Sachin's wicket was vital as he was playing some cracking strokes.

Despite this, India have started off fairly aggressively and I feel that 200-220 on this wet wicket would be enough for the Indians. I feel spin will play a major role in England's Innings due to the variable bounce of the wet wicket.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
skysportslogowu1.gif

India tied down in the middle overs

indiainenglandcopytn6.jpg

England vs India
6th Natwest ODI
September 5, 2007
The Oval, London

Overs 15-25: Highlights

India's batsmen struggle to increase the scoring rate

81450025.jpg

England restrict the batsmen to singles; Down the track but blocked into the off side; Ganguly looks to find the boundary but doesn't connect

Ganguly's difficult innings comes to an end

87538705.jpg

Panesar enjoys his wicket; Lack of bounce is Ganguly's downfall; The ball would have gone on to hit the top of middle

Dravid looks to inject some life into the innings

11639250.jpg

Driven away to the cover boundary for four; The crowd hope for an exciting final 10 overs; Dravid again finds the cover boundary

indiascoreboard.jpg

englandbowlingcard.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Ganguly really struggled to play his normal innings. Yuvraj and Dravid now need to play attacking cricket and take India's score to a good score. 170 to 180 should be a fine total. If Yuvraj plays his normal innings then it wont be surprising if India reach to a total of 200 or above.

Nice presentation as usual Treva. :)

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
LOL love your photoshop on Panesar :D

Awesome graphics as always. Time for a Yuvraj slogging special I think. Need to up the run rate if they want a decent score.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Disciplined bowling by the English putting the brakes on the Indian batting. Troubled innings from Ganguly finally comes to an end. Game pretty much even, England a sniff ahead

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
skysportslogowu1.gif

England on top at the halfway stage

indiainenglandcopytn6.jpg

England vs India
6th Natwest ODI
September 5, 2007
The Oval, London

Overs 25-35: Highlights

Yuvraj fails to make an impact

84338322.jpg

Collingwood removes the danger man; Yuvraj leans on his bat in disbelief; Beaten by the swing and lack of bounce

The run rate slowly increases

58148668.jpg

The ball beats the fielder to the rope; Flicked fine to get off the mark; Knocked into the legside by Dravid

The pitch continues to trouble the batsmen

10664196.jpg

Panesar beats the outside edge; Dhoni doesn't connect with the pull; Top edge and away for four over short third man

India end with below par score

20497313.jpg

Glanced away to the legside boundary again; Solid fielding stops the four; Driven down the ground by Dravid

indiascoreboard.jpg

englandbowlingcard.jpg

Aditya

ICC Board Member
138 should not be a easy total for England to chase down. So far the pitch has supported bowlers so if India gets some early wickets then 138 even can be a good total. Dravid played way too slowly. He should have at least played big strokes at the end of the innings. Yuvraj went out cheaply that's why India was not able to reach to score of 150. Would be interesting to see how England batsmen bat. Indian bowlers need to get some early wickets of England batsmen which will put England batsmen under pressure.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Yuvi is out and India are in some serious trouble. I dont rate Pathan as much but he can certainly bat. India are probably looking some-where around 220. All England need is two wickets, and the tail is exposed. For India, they need the pair to stand atleast 10 overs.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yuvi is out and India are in some serious trouble. I dont rate Pathan as much but he can certainly bat. India are probably looking some-where around 220. All England need is two wickets, and the tail is exposed. For India, they need the pair to stand atleast 10 overs.

Ahem :p

cricinfologo.png

rainf.jpg

England v India 2007 / News

England v India, 6th ODI, The Oval
Rain reduces match to 35 overs

The Bulletin by Anand Vasu
September 5, 2007

Rain at The Oval has forced the 6th One Day International between England and India to be reduced to 35 overs a side in a game both sides want to achieve a result. The covers stayed on all morning as the dark skies continued to fill the air with rain, but come the afternoon a strong breeze forced the rain south and the skies began to clear.

This forced the ground staff into motion as they looked to clear up to sodden ground and ensure a game would be played. An inspection at 1:25 PM saw the umpires announce a 35 over game would be achievable and that play would start at 1:45 PM.

There will be 15 overs of Powerplay compared to the usual 20, and each bowler will be allowed to bowl 7 overs each. The toss was completed immediately after the announcement that play would begin, with Paul Collingwood deciding that India should have a bat first on a pitch that should provide plenty of sideways movement.

England's team provided no shocks, with James Anderson and Luke Wright coming in to replace Stuart Broad and Dimitri Mascarenhas. However, India decided to bring back previously suspended Sourav Ganguly to the side, leaving out Gautam Gambhir. This poses the question as to why Harbhajan Singh was not brought back in having also completed a two match suspension for his bust up with Ganguly. Gambhir will feel aggrieved to have been left out, having only played his first match of the tour in the 5th ODI.​

Thanks for all the comments.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
That is an ugly looking pitch! India have brought a bowling line-up with some depth, but 4 rpo is easily gettable.

Users who are viewing this thread