NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
T20 cricket has ruined the Indian batting mindset so now they can't compete in the Ashes at all.

Even India's greatest ever player Ravi Shastri has 0 Ashes runs, owing to the time he hit 6 sixes in a FC match.
In future Ashes will only be played between the 2 best test sides in USA and Canada the real rivalry.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is Mukesh Kumar really the best option we have in Tests after Bumrah, Shami and Siraj? He looks very ordinary for a Test match bowler. It's a little concerning if that is indeed the case. With rumours of Bumrah being rested for the 3rd Test (though I don't think it will happen), Siraj and Mukesh don't give me much confidence in the bowling department.

Shreyas Iyer is another pain point at the moment. He is getting starts but somehow manages to throw it away (to be fair to him though, it has been the case with almost all batters in the team). His run out of Stokes kind of redeems him to an extent but given how vulnerable he would be in SENA tours, home games become that much more important.

Also, if England do end up losing the series how much would the Stokes run out factor in the result because that was indeed the turning out IMO yesterday. 100 runs with the tail (two of whom can bat decently) - I reckon Stokes would have pulled it off.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
We now have 4 batsman in the XI who have no clue what they are doing. Rohit it is a great time to retire my friend. You have had a great career with India, the final loss has drained the cricket out of you. You do not look motivated and your fitness was always a question. Please do not stretch your career to become a villain just like Dhoni did.
Well said!
Bharat, I mean what a downgrade we have seen. Saha was no better but at home he played good. Pant's loss is nations biggest loss.

Mukesh Kumar???? Is he paying BCCI to keep getting selected? He is such a mediocre bowler and I have no idea 23 games for India.

WHERE THE fearsome tweak is our fast bowlers? I feel bad for Bumrah and he is going to hurt himself again carrying this bowling attack.
Saha was better tbh. In fact, Saha was a better keeper than MSD as well. I always look at England and wonder- if Anderson can bowl, why can't Saha be trusted to keep. WD Saha, as batsman too, was a decent option over KS Bharat/ Ishan.

In the next game, I do hope Jurel isgiven a chance. Jurel, Yadav should be our future keeping options. To those who say that Pant will set every thing straight let's get this straight, coming off an accident that almost killed you, you cannot be expected to become the saviour all of a sudden. Pant's career might trail off- the board will give him an extended run based off his reputation, but in essence, you don't really know if he can be the player he was.
Is Mukesh Kumar really the best option we have in Tests after Bumrah, Shami and Siraj? He looks very ordinary for a Test match bowler. It's a little concerning if that is indeed the case. With rumours of Bumrah being rested for the 3rd Test (though I don't think it will happen), Siraj and Mukesh don't give me much confidence in the bowling department.

Shreyas Iyer is another pain point at the moment. He is getting starts but somehow manages to throw it away (to be fair to him though, it has been the case with almost all batters in the team). His run out of Stokes kind of redeems him to an extent but given how vulnerable he would be in SENA tours, home games become that much more important.

I have just about had enough with the rest being given to star Indians. You rightly mentioned that Bumrah is the only decent fellow Mukesh, Siraj in tandem will bring back memories of Prabhakar and Harvinder Singh bowling together (they never did, but you can imagine it to look that way). As for Bumrah, he is good on song-but he cannot perform under crunch situations- just look at the countless World Cup semi-finals, WTC, Finals he has played in- he is pathetic in such games.

Iyer- man! what to say All these Mumbai boys have a weird tendency of throwing away their wickets. Rohit, SKY, Iyer, Prithvi- the list is never ending.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Why?

Never heard of any other team leaving shores between Test matches...Wonder if they are carrying their team cook along as well...
Probably desperate for a few rounds of golf.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
No Kohli for the Tests! In a way, it is good for India as they can try and utilize this to build towards a future that stares them in the face, in about 2 years time.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys

Bevab

Staff Member
Will this mean Sarfaraz gets in or is he making way for one of Jadeja/KLR?

Has Jadeja recovered?

I’d assume KLR comes back in for Shreyas. They could debut Sarfaraz in Rajkot if it’s a flat pitch in place of Bumrah.

SMMODS

Panel of Selectors
India
AUS..
Mumbai Indians
CSK
Sydney Sixers
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Why Chokli is unavailable?

Adorable A*shole

School Cricketer
I have just about had enough with the rest being given to star Indians. You rightly mentioned that Bumrah is the only decent fellow Mukesh, Siraj in tandem will bring back memories of Prabhakar and Harvinder Singh bowling together (they never did, but you can imagine it to look that way). As for Bumrah, he is good on song-but he cannot perform under crunch situations- just look at the countless World Cup semi-finals, WTC, Finals he has played in- he is pathetic in such games.
I'm not a Bumrah fan but him bring a choker is such a reach. First it's a small sample size and he was decent in WC 2023 final despite losing a wicket due to bad fielding.

Users who are viewing this thread