England vs Sri Lanka - First Test :: Sponsored by Marcus Trescothick's Cricket Coach

Please some English bowler bowl of Jayawardene and take Maharoof with you :)
At least Upul has made up some damage by Jayawardene. Now I need Mahmood to get back into the wickets again.

I may of won this if I hadn't picked Plunkett over Mahmood or Panasar. Kapugadara needs to get me a 50 odd, that would be nice. If not then I should of had Cook over him.

If Plunkett can get 2 wickets for me and Kapugadera can get 35+ runs I will be in decent shape.

Very similar to me Irottev matey, had I gone with Mahmood, or if Plunkett picks up a few of the wickets still to take I would be in decent shape. Could have done with Samawarene getting some runs, or picking Jayawardene instead.

Ste seems to have a good team. Hes got Hayawardene, Mahmood and the other batters. Only missing Strauss but Collingwood made up for him.

aussie1st said:
Ste seems to have a good team. Hes got Hayawardene, Mahmood and the other batters. Only missing Strauss but Collingwood made up for him.

His team is perfect. :/ . Well I and anyone else can pretty much forget about winning now that I have seen that. Congrats on your win Ste.

Last edited:
I've got Sanga as the skip
The Englishmen in my team played well though.
can expect good returns.

irottev said:
His team is perfect. :/ . Well I and anyone else can pretty much forget about winning now that I have seen that. Congrats on your win Ste.

Hes still beatable if Strauss can get another bat. But Jaywadene has to get out very shortly.

i have good team with bat,

Strauss,Trescothick,Cook,Pietrsn,Coolingwood,Sangakara

Also Flintoff and Hoggard

But the real mistake is i picked malinga.... :eek:

Hope i will finish in top ten atleast becos i didnt assign proper bonus players!!!!

Well Lets see...If Hoggrd and Freddy gets lot of wickets today and finishes SL off then it wud be nice!!!!

Oh crap this one is over for me. Jayawardene and Maharoof are putting on the runs. Hopefully England still win so that at least I get something out of this.

Jayawardene scores another fifty. :( Plunkett has been useless so far. I've got a feeling Lewis will play for him next match. But Maharoof is going good.

How could you guys not choose Jayawardene? He is easily Sri Lanka's best batsman.

My team is decent but it probably won't do it. Personally, I am hoping Sri Lanka can hold on for a draw. There are showers predicted as well which might help their cause.

jdbais said:
How could you guys not choose Jayawardene? He is easily Sri Lanka's best batsman.

My team is decent but it probably won't do it. Personally, I am hoping Sri Lanka can hold on for a draw. There are showers predicted as well which might help their cause.

Jayawardena was not to his best form recently..... whoooooopssssssss...whts is going on....."Come on freddy...Take some wickets"...
I think Paul Colngwd going to strike with few wickets ;) :happy

Users who are viewing this thread