Story England's 2010/11 Ashes Tour-ENG vs AUS - 1st Test - ENG 91/2 Lunch

Ashes Tour - ENG vs S.A, Day 2, End of England's Innings

England vs South Australia Day 2 End of England's Innings

graeme-swann_1399812c.jpg

England all-out for 287 thanks to brilliant bowling

England 287allout

Pietersen 90
Swann 53

England were dismissed for 287 with the first ball of the 2nd day. England started the 3rd session on Day 1 on 208/7 and with Prior and Swann at the crease, it was only a matter of time before the innings was over. Matt Prior, who went for a duck vs Western Australia, was looking in good form as he blocked well and attacked only when he had too. This was a restrained effort by Prior who is usually seen as an aggresive batter, but had to make do with the silent approach due to the amount of the scoreboard. He was backed up by Graeme Swann who was also a batsmen that liked to attack but was restricted due to the situation. After surviving an early LBW shout, Swann was given a life line when he was dropped on just 9. It was a disparing dive by Harris , who couldn't just get his fingers fully round the ball. However they soon had a wicket as Prior edged the ball into the slips for an easy catch for Klinger off the bowling of George. who had been fairly quiet since his two early wickets. This meant that the England tail was now definitely exposed with Anderson coming to the crease and after surving many LBW appeals was soon gone after been trapped in front by Haberfield. It was a beautiful delivery that swung back into the batsmen leaving him no hope and was gone with just 1 to his name. With just Finn as his partner, Swann decided it was time to attack as he could not rely on the bowler getting runs, his one shot was brilliant as he smashed the ball back over the bowlers head for 4. It took Swann 106 balls to get to his 50 but this was important to England as they don't want to lose this tour match for the sake of their confidence. After lasting for the final session, the innings was over on the first ball of the 2nd day as Swann was caught by Manou of the brilliant bowling of O'Brien.

O'Brien had been by far the best bowler on the field and his figures backed this up. In 19.1 overs he had 3 maidens, took 3 wickets and only conceded 28 runs with an economy of just 1.46 runs per over. This was a brilliant display by the Australian and with their been a lack of spinners cementing their position for Australia, they will certainly be keeping an eye out for him. Another bowler who Australia will be looking at is Peter George who took 3-78 in his 22 overs and looked dangerous to the English batsmen.

England will be hoping that their bowlers can restrict the South Australian batsmen as they haven't got a high total to defend.​

Watch Highlights of England's Innings here YouTube - England vs South Australia Day 2 End of England's Innings

Scorecards

EnglandBatting.jpg

AustraliaScorecardBowling.jpg

Just skimmed through this and only read this last write up, so what happened to Broad?
And good to see Charter making a few runs :) Good writing :)

Great innings from Pietersen but should have looked to score a century against them. but Southern Australian bowlers have done particularly well in this game with an impressive preformance from O'Brien and Peter George sharing 3 wickets. and can't say which way it goes because like you know, England bowlers can turn the things.

Yeah he was a bit of a passenger before that eh? :p
well he has some "connections" with the selectors :spy

Anyway, just so you know (whoever is reading this) I haven't stopped this story, it's just that i had a new laptop reccently and downloaded cricket 07 onto to see if it would work, and it does. I liked cricket 07 on the PS2 but the A.I in tests were a bit rubbish, like in IC2010, so after testing out a few mods and geting my eye in ;), i'm going to continue the story on Cricket 07.

don't know how i'll complete the S.Aus Match, might just start a 4 day match on Cricket 07 and keep reseting till they bat first haha

England's 2010/11 Ashes Tour-ENG vs S.Aus Day 2 Lunch S.A 90/3

SkySports.png

England vs South Australia Day 2 Morning Session

106770941-1323640.jpg

Match evenly poised as S.Aus go to lunch on 90/3

South Australia 90/2

Klinger 40*
Blizzard 11*

Text-1.jpg

Watch highlights of morning session here

Part1

Part 2

Scorecards

SAusBatting.jpg

EnglandScorecardBowlingcc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, those batsmen really need to stop trying to prod you down to third man. You'd think they'd learn after like the 3rd miss.

And Cricket 07 commentary is great
"Ho Ho Ho, what a beauty!"

lol, what have you done with the scorecard? just looks worst in color! and the presentation looks excllent and either the banner! If you need help in the scorecard, I'd be happy to do so because it looks totally stupid.

lol, what have you done with the scorecard? just looks worst in color! and the presentation looks excllent and either the banner! If you need help in the scorecard, I'd be happy to do so because it looks totally stupid.

Ah don't you just love positive feedback...ah well at least you are offering to help I suppose but, hey, it is nearly Christmas you know!

Ashes Tour - ENG vs S.A, Day 2, Tea

SkySports.png

England Vs South Australia Day 2 Afternoon Session

_49925807_010634833-1.jpg

England Bowlers frustrated as Klinger closes in on Century

South Australia 190/5

Klinger 92*
O'Brien 20*

text3.jpg

Watch Highlights of the Afternoon session here

Scorecards

SAusBattingvsEng.jpg

EnglandScorecardBowlingvsSA-1.jpg

Other then Michael Klinger, the South Australian batsman have been rather dissapointing. I would of expected a better batting performance from them.
But don't get me wrong, Jimmy Anderson has been bowling sensationaly picking up those 3 wickets.

Great presentation mate, im loving the work. Keep it up

I haven't been following this story but just had a look at the whole story and I must say that I had a good time in reading the updates. Keep it up my friend. :)

Ashes Tour - ENG vs S.A, Day 2 Stumps

SkySports.png

England vs South Australia Day 2 Evening Session

article-0-0C090088000005DC-975_634x442.jpg

Engand end Day 2 on 18/0 after dismissing South Australia for 246

England 18/0
Strauss 8*
Cook 10*

text3-1.jpg

Watch highlights of the Evening session here

S.Aus Innings Scorecards

SAusBattingvsEng-1.jpg

EnglandScorecardBowlingvsSA-2.jpg

England's Highlights

Englands Innings

EnglandScorecardBatting.jpg

AustraliaScorecardBowling-1.jpg

How did that ball from Strauss go through 1st and 2nd slip? The second slip was also diving towards the ball. I guess it was just a fast outside edge, and sailed away for 4. He was lucky there.

Klinger will be kicking himself he didn't make the ton. I would be too if i played that well throughout an innings.

Users who are viewing this thread