English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Obviously Stoke is a better choice for Hughes.

And that'll please all those wanting Stoke to get relegated.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Who wouldn't want a manager who just got his side relegated?

Wigan were always swimming against the tide. Having been there for 4 years, Martinez did well to keep them in the Premier League for as long as he did. You know that you are going to get an attractive brand of attacking football under him and Everton certainly have the players capable of playing like that. Yes, the defence of his teams is usually weak but that can be sorted by bringing in a decent defence coach to work with him.

It might not happen straight away, and the fans will have to get behind him, but I can see Martinez being a real success at Everton.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, I remember the quarterfinal rather too well.

Not sure whether that's the worst game I've been to or the Tranmere game.

----------

as for martinez for me he's a middle of the road choice. a lot worse out there that Bill could have feasibly gone for, but not anyone to get excited about.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
images

Bring the old one back :/

Bevab

Staff Member
Now Ste's opinion seems justified, it does look like Everton got those Konami's guys to do that logo.:facepalm

And by the looks of it, they may change the badge again next season. This is going to make them lose several merchandising opportunities.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Not sure whether that's the worst game I've been to or the Tranmere game.

----------

as for martinez for me he's a middle of the road choice. a lot worse out there that Bill could have feasibly gone for, but not anyone to get excited about.

To be fair, were you that excited when Moyes was appointed? Martinez would be a good choice for Everton. It just seems like a good fit. He's used to working on a tight budget, and he'll sure as hell get that at Everton. The problem will be in 2 or 3 of your best players head to Old Trafford.

If this was happening a year ago I would have said Paul Lambert was right in the frame for Everton.

Bevab

Staff Member
Lambert deserves a shot at a good club really, like you said, he would've been perfect for Everton.

Wonder how Everton are going to defend now with Martinez in charge.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
To be fair, were you that excited when Moyes was appointed? Martinez would be a good choice for Everton. It just seems like a good fit. He's used to working on a tight budget, and he'll sure as hell get that at Everton. The problem will be in 2 or 3 of your best players head to Old Trafford.

If this was happening a year ago I would have said Paul Lambert was right in the frame for Everton.

We're in a much stronger position to appoint a manager now than we were when we appointed moyes.

----------

Lambert deserves a shot at a good club really, like you said, he would've been perfect for Everton.

Wonder how Everton are going to defend now with Martinez in charge.

Villa are a good club.

And we defended poorly for 2/3 of last season.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Just please don't get Porto's Vitor Pereira. He'll definitely finish above Brendan's Liverpool (AGAIN) in that case.

Bevab

Staff Member
Would he want to leave Porto for Everton really? His contract is up at the end of the season though, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread