English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Chelsea looked very shaky against Fulham and were very lucky to come away with all three points - that own goal for Fulham was rotten luck. Their keeper's confidence is shot, and the defence is all over the place; what with Drogba and others now off to the ACON (plus he's suspended for the first game back), I can see us overhauling them before too long - our injury crisis is easing at last and maybe we'll bring someone in as well. I'd go so far as to say that Arsenal are now the main threat.

Rooney was immense against Hull - if he can regularly play like that for England, we'll have a great chance next year.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Chelsea have messed it up a bit over recent weeks but the win last night was crucial. The real test now ofcourse is how Ancelotti is going to cope up without Drogba. Luckily the games are not very difficult, atleast on paper.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Chelsea have messed it up a bit over recent weeks but the win last night was crucial. The real test now ofcourse is how Ancelotti is going to cope up without Drogba. Luckily the games are not very difficult, atleast on paper.

Agreed - last night's win was vital; if Chelsea had slipped up, then we'd more than likely go ahead/level with them tomorrow night, as we have Wigan at Old Trafford. Either way, Chelsea have looked very shaky. It's not just Drogba that's missing either, isn't it Essien and Mikel as well? If I was a Chelsea fan, the thing that would be concerning me the most would be the defence and especially the keeper.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Agreed - last night's win was vital; if Chelsea had slipped up, then we'd more than likely go ahead/level with them tomorrow night, as we have Wigan at Old Trafford. Either way, Chelsea have looked very shaky. It's not just Drogba that's missing either, isn't it Essien and Mikel as well? If I was a Chelsea fan, the thing that would be concerning me the most would be the defence and especially the keeper.

I think Mikel has been playing but has been pretty disappointing. Essien ofcourse will always be missed because of the player he is (had a substandard season by his standards though).

Ancelotti would be the last manager you would imagine having problems in defence, but it is true. Very shaky from set pieces and aerial crosses.

m_vaughan added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

The standard has certainly dropped this season.

No Cristiano Ronaldo.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
I wont be surprised if Chelsea do spend mega bucks this Jan, they have been very shaky in last three or four games. Cech since his injury has not been the same keeper he was before. With this form of Chelsea, Ancelotti could be jobless at the end of March...

Bibu07

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Like every other Chelsea fan, I really do hope that Carlo would spend in Jan, whilst he reiterates the same shite over and over again. "No money will be spent in January, Sturridge will fit in Drogba's boots":doh

Auwais

International Coach
No Cristiano Ronaldo.
Actually we're only a point off our points total at this stage last season and have scored more goals than at this stage last season without Cristiano.

But the loss of Xabi has badly affected Liverpool, gone from challenging for the title to fighting for 4th place.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Like every other Chelsea fan, I really do hope that Carlo would spend in Jan, whilst he reiterates the same shite over and over again. "No money will be spent in January, Sturridge will fit in Drogba's boots":doh

Sturridge fill Drogba's boots? 'Ave a word with yourself, Carlo! :laugh

Actually we're only a point off our points total at this stage last season and have scored more goals than at this stage last season without Cristiano.

But the loss of Xabi has badly affected Liverpool, gone from challenging for the title to fighting for 4th place.

Too true - Liverpool are nowhere without Xabi and you can't say that about us without Ronaldo. Of course we're missing him - there's not a team in the world who wouldn't, but we're sticking with Chelsea and could well still win the League. I'd like to see Sir Alex chuck ?40m/?50m at Valencia for David Villa though. If you lose a player like Ronaldo, you've got to go out there and land that big signing. Villa can play wing and up front. If Sir Alex reckons we don't need to buy anyone, well it's one of the few occasions when he's undoubtedly wrong. Some defensive cover would be good as well - our defence was awful for Birmingham's goal today.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Well the only thing from stopping Ferguson buying Villa from 40-50m is because of his age. I think he is 29 and if he stays for 2-3 yrs at Old Trafford and then if we try selling him we wont get anything more than 10m. Anyways I would like to see some huge transfers in the summer. David Silva should come in.

Well many papers say 80m sell out of players in summer and I thinks its right..Berba, Nani, and Anderson have not lived upto their expectation and should be sold and even Vidic is unsettled so let him go to Spain so that his wife would be a bit warmer. I think we should go for Silva, Benzema(looks like his dream move didnt turn out to be a dream, just scored 6 in 18) Kjaer or Bruno Alves, Akinfeev and Rodwell.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
The Xabi thing is a bit funny because

1) He has been inconsistent for us this season
2) Liverpool wanted to replace him with Barry two seasons back

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The Xabi thing is a bit funny because

1) He has been inconsistent for us this season
2) Liverpool wanted to replace him with Barry two seasons back

Every player who join Madrid loose everything.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well the only thing from stopping Ferguson buying Villa from 40-50m is because of his age. I think he is 29 and if he stays for 2-3 yrs at Old Trafford and then if we try selling him we wont get anything more than 10m. Anyways I would like to see some huge transfers in the summer. David Silva should come in.

Well many papers say 80m sell out of players in summer and I thinks its right..Berba, Nani, and Anderson have not lived upto their expectation and should be sold and even Vidic is unsettled so let him go to Spain so that his wife would be a bit warmer. I think we should go for Silva, Benzema(looks like his dream move didnt turn out to be a dream, just scored 6 in 18) Kjaer or Bruno Alves, Akinfeev and Rodwell.

29 isn't that old though, is it? He could sign for Utd and stay until the end of his career if he does well and settles into the lifestyle (and accepts the weather) over here. No need to sell him...

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
United are playing badly at the moment. It's simple passing and we can't even get that right. I wouldn't mind signing an attacking midfielder in the transfer window because we seem to be lacking creativity. I can't see Anderson adding anything to our team really, I don't understand what kind of role he has. Nani showed some good form at the beginning of the season but since then hasn't really done much, and isn't getting much of a chance either. We can't rely on Giggs every week. I have my doubts about Tosic, he's already 22 and doesn't really look like anything special. Obertan is still learning but so far we haven't really seen much of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread