Euro 2008 Qualifiers

Put it this way, I wish I'd have been watching Scotland too

Kev said:
Put it this way, I wish I'd have been watching Scotland too

It really was great to watch. I know it was onyl one nil, but watching the way that Scotland played with such great unity was a sight to behold. Even when one of their playes tired, there was always another Scot there to back them up. I bet Colin is doing cartwheels.

evertonfan said:
I said Scotland would win didn't I. :p

I'm very disapointed with Wales; They had no passion, no desire, no belief and in the end, no heart.

Scotland played brilliantly, I don't really know how England played because I was busy watching the Scotland game. Now i'm no Scot, but I got goosebumps when that final whistle went as I felt the pride of a whole nation after such a fantastic result.

Yeah Wales, were poor, but Slovakia's goals were very good. I didn't see Scotland, but well done, and as for England, Macedonia played well and kept the ball well, and could have easily won. I haven't seen a team play that well in qualifiers against England, at home, in a long time, and limit them so much.

Last edited:
DJ Ager said:
I haven't seen a team play that well in qualifiers against England in a long time, and limit them so much.

What about Northern Ireland and Denmark last year? They beat them. :p

Spain losing 2-0 to Sweden despite having like a million chances!! Denied by the crossbar, upright, linesman, and also the goalkeeper Rami Shabaan who had a good ay at the office. Just not our day!!

The Scotland match was in Glasgow i think, no wonder i was able to hear clear cwrod sounds in my house.

evertonfan said:
What about Northern Ireland and Denmark last year? They beat them. :p

Sorry I forgot to put "at home", that's what I meant

Atlast Italy register a win and that too against Ukraine, who were without Shevchenko (running on a temperature).
Slovakia continue to impress with their attacking football, especially the FC N?rnberg player, Marek Mintal, who scored to brilliant goals. They will be a really tough task for Germany at home in this kind of form. Hope we do well, with the second string defense in place now.

I'd be a millionaire if I'd have put an accumulator on Scotland winning, Wales losing 5-1, England drawing, N. Ireland drawing and Ireland losing 5-2 away :D

Who'd have thought Scotland would be the only home nation to win?

I'm surprised Ireland lost, espeically by that many, and I was surprised by how much Wales lost by.

cyprus aren't too bad a team, but wales were really bad yesterday

Sureshot said:
I'd be a millionaire if I'd have put an accumulator on Scotland winning, Wales losing 5-1, England drawing, N. Ireland drawing and Ireland losing 5-2 away :D

Who'd have thought Scotland would be the only home nation to win?

The only result I got wrong was the England one. I bet on Scotland winning, N.Ireland drawing, Ireland losing and Wales losing. I put Macedonia down to win though. :p

plympilgrim said:
cyprus aren't too bad a team, but wales were really bad yesterday

To call Wales bad is an understatement.

I know Cyprus are decent, but you would expect them to at the very least draw.

well England performing well below the par...they went close too scoring with some great efforts *gerrard* but couldn't find the back of the net...

England were shocking, Gerrard on right PAH. Scotland, they were amazing and a credit to Britian, extremley diappointing for Wales and Republic Of Ireland. Decent for Northern Ireland.

Users who are viewing this thread