FC: Bug Reporting and Feature Suggestion

Aj

School Cricketer
Since this is an ongoing project I am open to suggestions for new features to add. Also if you find anything that you don't think is working right, be sure to let me know. :)

Thanks, and hope you all enjoy it.

--Ste: if you want this removed, feel free...

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi AJ, well i would like to suggest something.

As of now the only problem i see in FC is that we can pick the same players in batsman, bowlers as well as all-rounder category, e.g, Shaun Pollock.

What i am suggesting is that you should divide the players as BASTMAN, BOWLERS and ALL-ROUNDERS. We should not be able to pick the same players in different category.

E.g, Shaun Pollock, Nicky Boje, Jacques Kallis,etc should only be available in All-Rounder category. While B.C.Lara, Boeta Dippenaar,etc in Batsman category and so on.

Aj

School Cricketer
Assuming I understand right, that is how it should work. It depends on what the creator of the game sets the players as. (players are only available in the positions the creators sets them as..)

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Aj said:
Assuming I understand right, that is how it should work. It depends on what the creator of the game sets the players as. (players are only available in the positions the creators sets them as..)

then whats the difference b/w setting a player as a all-rounder or as a bowler, i mean there are no extra points,e.g, if an all-rounder catches a ball or makes a run-out.

Ste

Executive member
Yes thats how I set it. As some people may have wanted to include some all rounders as a dedicated batsman while some people might have wanted to have them as an all rounder or just a bowler.

Ste

sunsamrat1980

Club Captain
I have a question. I had A De Villiars in my squad and he did not play the first ODI. In that case none of my reserved batsman (Gibbs and Rudolph) were used while calculating my points. Can someone explain what is the use of reserved batsman?

Aj

School Cricketer
It is the job of the creator (or choice) if he will sub in players who couldn't play.

Scorpion: once the game is scored it will show points (which it is now)

I noticed an error in the scoring (the bonus points havn't been applied for the first batsmen), so I will upload the fix for that later tonight.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Coolio. I think the reserve players problem is still being figured out. Don't worry--! It is just a fantasy cricket game.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Here's a bug I found while setting up my line-up for the Pakistan vs West Indies series. Its too late to fix it in time for this series but perhaps it can be worked on for the England vs Bangladesh series:

Got a little problem here. I chose a specific batsman for my starting line-up and another for reserve. After I made my team, I tried to switch them so the batsman in the reserves can be in my starting line-up and vice versa. The problem is that every time I try to do that it gives me an error saying "You can't select the same players twice". I go back to check and make sure I didn't make that mistake, and turns out I hadn't. This is a bug, can anyone fix this please? I'd really like to put that player in the starting line-up instead of the reserves.

Rangeela

International Coach
I can't seem to edit my team. I wonder if its a bug or just me?

jdbais

International Cricketer
Rangeela said:
I can't seem to edit my team. I wonder if its a bug or just me?

I think it's a bug. It says you can't choose the same player twice although the player wasn't selected twice.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The same thing happened in the ODI series too...weird. Probably an incorrect handling of the database. I thought the previous problem had occurred because the squad had been changed. Seems not.

Users who are viewing this thread