Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

WWE is only for entertainment. It's not a sport. They script the events unlike sport games. Thus, I still wonder why a sports game requires a story mode? It's career should be open ended...not scripted. The next thing one would complain is bad acting by David Warner and request BA to hire good actors...lol
I think the story mode could be a good idea if it is based on real cricketer.

@Doncharted make your own stories in career and online. Doesn't need to be tied to a script

The Mind is your Script

Not sure if this has been mentioned but one thing I would love to see is more in depth statistics for your career player. So basically it keeps track of your best three(?) scores/figures against each opponent. That way if you were getting close to your best score a graphic could be shown which shows your top scores against that team.

I also think it would be cool if certain records were stored (eg: highest opening partnership in Tests for England against Pakistan at Lord's) and if you were getting close to breaking them a graphic could be shown to let you know that you are close to the record.

I'm not sure if this is asking too much but I think it would definitely making playing the game more rewarding.

So you mean license a whole lot of players? That would be completely against the idea of Academy.
I am not saying that they have to include a story mode,i am saying if they want to ever include a story mode I think it would be good if it is real player journey rather than some one fake.

Still a lot of things to be ironed out before Big Ant get to a Story mode. I don't mind Story or any other mode but that should happen when all aspects of gameplay (including AI) have been nailed. TBH I expect that to happen over the next couple of iterations and maybe then Big Ant can focus on other aspects.

2K changed NBA 2K16's career mode into a kind of "story" mode (at least in the beginning of it) with a script and cutscenes/voice acting and it has been widely slated - I've played it a little and it does seem very cheesey/cliché... My player based on myself who is white has a black sister and speaks with the voice of a black man. It's strange.

FIFA 17 is introducing something this year where you play the story of a fictional player called Alex Hunter... Seems like story modes are something the big sports games are bringing in lately, so I don't think it's a stupid request/idea, but it would probably take a lot of work and I'm not sure it's something that would be high on the wishlist for most people. Good gameplay with a solid career mode would be fine for me.

I'm not sure about a story mode but something I would enjoy is a scenario mode like they had in EA 07:

Since there is a stadium creator [hopefully], logo creator for uniforms bats and most equipments I definitely would like this..Recreate historic match scenarios and play them even share them across players through academy...So players creating scenarios and sharing across would make a load of scenarios we could play..

I'm not sure about a story mode but something I would enjoy is a scenario mode like they had in EA 07:

That would be a great feature, always liked those scenario modes in sports games. I think BLIC 05 has one too, as well as a few football games I've played.

Being able to share tours/competitions through the Academy would also be nice - you could design them in DBC14's Academy but not share them online.

they should use scenarios from great matches such as 438 game with south Africa and Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread