Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Ash1973

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I hope to see a lot more stadiums in the next version.
Fifa added all the premier league stadiums last year & in my opinion it made the game a lot more atmospheric.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I hope to see a lot more stadiums in the next version.
Fifa added all the premier league stadiums last year & in my opinion it made the game a lot more atmospheric.
There is a possibility of stadium creator for the next iteration...If added would be awesome..

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
There is a possibility of stadium creator for the next iteration...If added would be awesome..

Would much rather Big Ant created half a dozen or so real stadiums and gave them unique atmospherics and conditions such as the Nor'easter at the W.A.C.A. and the slope at Lords.

I'd really like to see a shot editor for each player which would enable you to edit the direction, height and power for each shot, giving the batsman a sense of individuality.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Would much rather Big Ant created half a dozen or so real stadiums and gave them unique atmospherics and conditions such as the Nor'easter at the W.A.C.A. and the slope at Lords.

I'd really like to see a shot editor for each player which would enable you to edit the direction, height and power for each shot, giving the batsman a sense of individuality.
With the amount of different features and wide range of stuffs to select from in CA..I would just like them to make a stadium creator then have even one licensed stadium...Imagine with the many variation we will be able to create hundreds of stadiums and make each and every one of them different..Licensing is just a though in my opinion...
They can add features like the kind of crowd we want in the stadium like Indian, West Indies kind with band...Kind of music in the stadium etc...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Genuinely think they must get issues like AI field setting/bowling change, AI batting approach and edges, pitch conditions variance and things like this that massively affect gameplay before worrying about stadium creator etc.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It's a matter of different people doing different things. I believe that the stadium creator stuff will probably debut in their Rugby League game, which already has something like 30 licensed stadiums - like the academy itself it's a technology they implement once and then can just tweak for other sports.

That said - I'd vastly prefer a good variety of well designed stadiums by professionals over stamping out templates, but having an option doesn't necessarily take things away.

The people implementing stuff like that aren't the people working on AI and testing.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I remember Madden proclaiming that they were "bringing back user created stadiums!!!" for Madden 25; when literally all they did was let you choose between six templates that were all boring and pretty much meant that you were forced to stay in the better looking original stadiums. The relocation feature would have been so much cooler with interesting stadium design; since it would make it interesting to relocate some shitty team like the Ravens to Dublin.

What I'm saying is that its a feature that I don't believe is present in any current/next gen sports game in any real detail, and I wouldn't be surprised if its something that we never see.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Personally I would rather BA created the stadia/cricket grounds themselves than have a creator in game, even more generic unlicensed stadiums would be better than just having the 14 we have currently. I think for the 1st version 14 is fair enough but in future i would certainly hope for more. Possibly something like:
Aus 5-6 grounds/ stadiums
Bang 1-2
Eng 5-6
Ind 4-5
NZ 3-4
Pal 2-3
SA 3-4
SL 2-3
WI 3-4
Zim 1-2

Obviously this would be in future versions not a patch.

Ash1973

Club Cricketer
Yes that sounds like a reasonable amount of stadiums for next gen consoles & pc, it would really make the game more immersive.
I'm hoping that the AI problems that dave mentioned get sorted in patch 3.
Then BA could concentrate on other aspects 7n the next version such as more stadia & better crowds & atmosphere etc.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's a matter of different people doing different things. I believe that the stadium creator stuff will probably debut in their Rugby League game, which already has something like 30 licensed stadiums - like the academy itself it's a technology they implement once and then can just tweak for other sports.

That said - I'd vastly prefer a good variety of well designed stadiums by professionals over stamping out templates, but having an option doesn't necessarily take things away.

The people implementing stuff like that aren't the people working on AI and testing.

Agree it may be different people but there's limited money and I know where I'd rather the budget go!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Agree it may be different people but there's limited money and I know where I'd rather the budget go!
Part of it would be to make sure each new edition of the game adds a big back of the box feature, especially as they bother to patch the game we've already bought, so they need to do more major things to get people to buy their new one.

Stadium creation is something they'd need to have tools for internally - just as they would need to have had player creation tools internally in the past. If they can develop something once and then shift a large amount of the effort over to in game tools (or enhanced versions of them, for adding the unique textures they need) - they save money long term - especially as that work is spread out across multiple sports, rather than Cricket only AI changes.

I can see some nice things for career mode with a creator - the ability to easily have that club rank of competition and playing in unique stadiums as you go around - perhaps seeing your club build a new pavilion because you're doing really well and bringing cash in for them. The ability for the game to throw up totally unknown situations and have you face them would be helped a lot by a stadium editor being able to make that kind of thing dynamic.

Important? Maybe not, but I won't say no to it.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Oh I'm not saying no to it either... Just for me I find facing crazy AI fields or bowling 50 overs without an edge breaks the immersion a lot more than playing in the same stadium for a whole test series and so I think that's where the priority should be

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay! It's all well and good having a gorgeous girlfriend, but if she's crap in the sack you'll soon get bored!!

In the next release I'd like to see the ball flick the pads, gloves, shirt and body, giving a similar sound to edges. Currently it's too easy too judge whether there's an edge or not.

Last edited:

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
more varieties of ai getting out, on pro you get good number of edges, lbws, bowled but as you move on veteran n legend these dry up with ai holing out as most common dismissals. Batting is a pleasure, but this bowling problem made me start a only batsman career than a batting allrounder career.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
more varieties of ai getting out, on pro you get good number of edges, lbws, bowled but as you move on veteran n legend these dry up with ai holing out as most common dismissals. Batting is a pleasure, but this bowling problem made me start a only batsman career than a batting allrounder career.
you must tell me how you get edges/lbws/bowleds in pro - I get none.

Users who are viewing this thread