Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
although how do you generate the names of the teams?

My idea (that I've sat on for a while) was essentially a "Big Ant Club Cricket" competition. They're fake-junior teams that you could replace with your local club-names or whatever you like, but OOTB its a "Club Cricket" competition sponsored by "Big Ant" that has proper tournament, maybe even a "Twilight Cricket" competition, that sort of stuff. Idea would be you choose a club from a list of say, 5 and you play at local grounds gradually unlocking the option to play for county/domestic cricket, national "A" squads, unlocking stadiums, better equiptment and teams as you go along.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
I think even if career mode starts at domestic level so many matches are played at club and park-style grounds anyway, that would justify their inclusion... Ideally, starting career at a "School Level" where you're playing for a first XI at a college ground would be my dream scenario.

That would be cool, it wouldn't have to be a lot of matches either I reckon. Something similar to how NBA 2K is where you play for your high school for a couple games. Maybe playing at a cricket carnival or national U-17/19 competition for your state. Then get a chance to play in the futures etc.

D

Dutch

My idea (that I've sat on for a while) was essentially a "Big Ant Club Cricket" competition. They're fake-junior teams that you could replace with your local club-names or whatever you like, but OOTB its a "Club Cricket" competition sponsored by "Big Ant" that has proper tournament, maybe even a "Twilight Cricket" competition, that sort of stuff. Idea would be you choose a club from a list of say, 5 and you play at local grounds gradually unlocking the option to play for county/domestic cricket, national "A" squads, unlocking stadiums, better equiptment and teams as you go along.
Love it. In this sense it would be great if the competition editor allowed you set up different levels of leagues: so a multi-tier league with promotions and relegations and cup comps in the various formats. I had great fun with Cricket Coach setting up my fantasy Dutch domestic league with three divisions and various cup competitions. So you make a league and determine home ground etc. In Cricket Coach the game would generate realistic sounding names for the players. The fact I would have to do this completely by hand has put me off plus the fact that Amsterdam would be playing their home games in front of 100.000 drunken Aussies at the MCG....they would at least see some decent cricket for a change ;)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Love it. In this sense it would be great if the competition editor allowed you set up different levels of leagues: so a multi-tier league with promotions and relegations and cup comps in the various formats. I had great fun with Cricket Coach setting up my fantasy Dutch domestic league with three divisions and various cup competitions. So you make a league and determine home ground etc. In Cricket Coach the game would generate realistic sounding names for the players. The fact I would have to do this completely by hand has put me off plus the fact that Amsterdam would be playing their home games in front of 100.000 drunken Aussies at the MCG....they would at least see some decent cricket for a change ;)

I have said before, it should be possible to make the career mode free form in exactly that sense.

You would have a configuration tool in the academy that would let you choose the teams, the progression within competitions (promotion etc) and across teams (regional/national selection etc), paralell competitions in other countries from which you may receive offers.

It would literally just be an issue of data configuration, and would certainly be possible within the technology.

Paras Jasal

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Well can this be implemented? An animation: when in career mode suppose our team is collapsing and we have to come in to bat at such bad situation then there can be an animation like this- I (our player) is sitting in the dressing room, the team mate playing is out and I do some action to show sadness (eg player putting looking down etc) and then after some seconds tightens the pads, gets out of the dressing room and walks out towards the ground (showing determined to change the match) and similarly if the team is in a comfortable position and batsman is out, Animation can be made to appreciate that player and then just moving out to bat? Would add a sense of realism and atmosphere?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well can this be implemented? An animation: when in career mode suppose our team is collapsing and we have to come in to bat at such bad situation then there can be an animation like this- I (our player) is sitting in the dressing room, the team mate playing is out and I do some action to show sadness (eg player putting looking down etc) and then after some seconds tightens the pads, gets out of the dressing room and walks out towards the ground (showing determined to change the match) and similarly if the team is in a comfortable position and batsman is out, Animation can be made to appreciate that player and then just moving out to bat? Would add a sense of realism and atmosphere?

Would be clicked through by everyone after the first time, and by 95% of people even the first time

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Going along with the fantastic club grounds, back in school I was fortunate enough to go on a tour to Auckland and its surroundings. Two incredible grounds stood out: one out of Auckland that overlooked fields and a mountain range and then another that was right on the sea - 50 odd metres from the boundary was a cliff face. I can't recall where they were and what clubs, but they were two of the most picturesque backdrops you'll see.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Seems like cheerleaders might be included, in that case I would like the option of editing the colors based on the team's color they are cheering for..

grkrama

National Board President
i want to be able to smash the chicken board on my way to the dug out when im angry with the decision and get fined for it :p

skumarksd

School Cricketer
Expecting more realistic game like FIFA and PES series
  • Batsmen should play according to match situation.. in DB14 if the batting team need 6 ,12 or 20 runs from the last over the approach is same.
  • More real cricketing shots ,good onside ,off side and straight drives ,flat sixes ,sweep shots etc .
  • Need to change non realistic fielding like...running from 30 yard circle to boundary line and taking a catch and keeping 4-5 slips for a spin bowler
  • Bowling changes according to match situations...(i hit a bowler for 6 sixes in his first two overs..and he is bowling the third ).
  • Different bowling actions ...like Malinga..Mcgrath..Akram..Anderson etc
  • Batting and bowling challenges like EA 2007

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yep everything cosmetic is just a waste of rescources really....as Bill Clinton said as he got his cigaar ready: Its about gameplay stupid, its about gameplay......Monica apparently agreed.....

Some "cosmetic" stuff can enhance gameplay through atmosphere - the PA announcer in DBC being an example. I'd think maybe even a shot of e.g the pavilion balcony & your team mates acknowledging a ton, even spectators trying to catch your six hit, while cosmetic would add value.

Long winded, gimmicky and cheesy shots inside the dressing room on the other hand would be an utter waste

D

Dutch

Some "cosmetic" stuff can enhance gameplay through atmosphere - the PA announcer in DBC being an example. I'd think maybe even a shot of e.g the pavilion balcony & your team mates acknowledging a ton, even spectators trying to catch your six hit, while cosmetic would add value.

Long winded, gimmicky and cheesy shots inside the dressing room on the other hand would be an utter waste
Agreed. The stadium announcer is an excellent example of how something "cosmetic" is used in a fantastic way and you never really get tired of him!

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Definitely with you there guys. In fact it's something a lot of us seem to enjoy but it rarely has been talked about recently. I'm excited to see what impact all the recordings for different countries make.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Expecting more realistic game like FIFA and PES series
  • Batsmen should play according to match situation.. in DB14 if the batting team need 6 ,12 or 20 runs from the last over the approach is same.
lol true that. I've lost a lot of state matches because the players (usually top/middle order players) pulled up stumps on the last day with 10 or 20 runs to go.

Users who are viewing this thread