Review: First Impressions of DB14 on PC

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok my First Impressions are high, this is what you have been waiting for so much better on PC plus patch 2 but there is still room for improvement.

Few bugs like 0/0 shown after a break, Bigeye red line is sometimes huge and a new bug where the red line circles the stumps:lol( already reported in PC problems)

I also had a hard time seeing the ball as my laptop screen is to small and for some reason the replays have been cut down a lot(better MattW;)).

Overall loving it and my above average PC runs the game on max graphics with only small framerate problems. Runs better than on my PS3 still so i am a happy man. :thumbs

rishabh96

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I need to sell my horrible pc or I should wait for patch 2
on ps3. :(

fanirama

Associate Cricketer
1920x1080 - all settings max. vsync is on.

fps = 60

If I leave vsync off, fps goes to over 80 but I like to avoid screen tearing.
As is, anything over 30fps is fluid motion (actually 24 but that is cutting it close) so really I don't think I see the diff bet 30fps or 60fps anyways)

awsomeDBC

School Cricketer
how about online gaming in pc....... some ppl reporting online version of Pc is not working and cant see or join hosted games

Internomad

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thank you. I didn't like the way that the ball had little or no effect on the stumps, almost like they had been concreted into the ground.

I bowled someone out with a 92mph ball and the stump hardly moved!

grkrama

National Board President
how about online gaming in pc....... some ppl reporting online version of Pc is not working and cant see or join hosted games

had a couple of online games just to tryout, its been smooth and responsive with no probs, but not many online, as most of us are getting acquainted to controls.
i just tried it out to check the experience, have to practice more especially bowling controls.

----------------
Also zombie have had my stump uprooted on more than one occasion....once by a inswinger from mitch i think.
------------------------------------
Have been playing career at pro difficulty, without hud assists so far , and have been able to manage a bit.

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
it should happen as its happening to me.. im still to get to grips with bowling.....

Rowdoss

Club Captain
How often do we really see stumps getting uprooted in real life these days anyway? 1 in 10, 1 in 15..?
Maybe it's the Australian soil but it really doesn't happen a lot down here anymore. It's not like the 1970s or 80s when keepers are ducking for cover from cartwheeling stumps.

hillaire

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've been playing the ps3 version for last few months and played an entire year on the career mode and top scored with 67. It was challenging but not much fun to be honest and I had to force myself to keep playing.

I've just played my first career 4 dayer, still on pro mode and I got a 15 ball duck first innings. (I was out due to a shot hitting shortleg and being caught by the bowler which was amazing in itself):lol

But what I really wanted to point out is that I got 49 in the second innings which felt really encouraging. I was dropped twice and amazingly edged through the slips which was great. Mainly I think I was helped by the smooth graphics and more attacking fields which left spaces for any airy shots.

Whatever they have done, really has got me excited to play this game all weekend and for that I am very grateful.

The netting for skills is genius and whoever put that in deserves a rise, it gives you believe that you will get better even if you are having a hard start.

Users who are viewing this thread