Fixing a PS3

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Right, so long story short, my PS3 (I know, I'm an old timer :p) stopped reading games recently. I've tried a few things including countless efforts of going into safe mode and now I'm pretty sure that there seems to be an issue with the BluRay reader, within the system (DVDs are read fine.)

My question is, has anyone else had a similar problem and if so, who fixed it for you? Googling seems to suggest plenty of options for companies who want you to send it too them, but it's hard to know who to trust in terms of service and price. Hence why I was wondering if anyone else in the UK has used them and has plenty of good experience to share with me! :)

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
.... Try slapping it hard on different areas. Works almost everytime for any electronic device. :)

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Right, so long story short, my PS3 (I know, I'm an old timer :p) stopped reading games recently. I've tried a few things including countless efforts of going into safe mode and now I'm pretty sure that there seems to be an issue with the BluRay reader, within the system (DVDs are read fine.)

My question is, has anyone else had a similar problem and if so, who fixed it for you? Googling seems to suggest plenty of options for companies who want you to send it too them, but it's hard to know who to trust in terms of service and price. Hence why I was wondering if anyone else in the UK has used them and has plenty of good experience to share with me! :)
I had the exact same issue a few years back, I got it repaired by Sony for £100. From memory I think it took less than a week.

Users who are viewing this thread