FLintoff's New bat?

Will p

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Did anyone notice Flintoff using a new bat in the fourth test? I got some pictures here, does anyone know if it's just a take on the Wand or if it's actually a new bat? Just wondering is all.

1. The front of his new bat
2. The back of his new bat

Attachments

• 53475007.jpg
    53475007.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 53475200.jpg
    53475200.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 126

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Take a look at the C2k5 downloads section. Burma's Finest has made an excellent high quality version already. I believe it's called a Woodworm Flame.

langerrox

International Coach
yup its a woodworm flame
FLINTOFF'S NEW FLAME LIGHTS UP TRENT BRIDGE

Friday 26th August 2005

Andrew Flintoff?s brand new bat, the Woodworm Flame, personally designed by Freddie himself, made a stunning international debut at Trent Bridge today. After 3 seasons of success with Woodworm bats, Freddie was keen to add some refinements to his already successful Woodworm blade. He wanted a bat which retained a traditional big swell and sweet spot but also incorporated a bowed blade, thick edges and a thick toe. With patented cutaway edges and striking new orange livery, The Flame is set to light up cricket grounds at every level around the world.

Featured on Channel 4 News on Wednesday evening as one of England?s secret weapons, the Flame is anything but a secret to the Australian team now. The Flame will be available to buy from UK retailers before Christmas.

langerrox

International Coach
80 pounds? i thought was heaps more i was thinking 160 mark

S_Harmison

International Cricketer
It all depends on how you buy it, if it doesent come with a toe guard or knocked in etc it will cost less.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Langerrox - what he means is itll be ?80 at its cheapeast version of the bat, nowadays there seem to be multiple editions of each bat. For example slazenger v800 have - super, select, pro and sum other one i forget :D so itll be around ?80 for the cheapest, but the one freddy actually uses will be around ?150 i wud think

Will p

International Cricketer
The one Flintoff is using will be much better than anything in the shops, cutom made and a different quality of wood.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Well I say this because, as a general rule, I've found premium grade bats retail for AU$ 400-600 here. These bats are the ones made of first grade wood, and usually labeled "as used by whatshisface".

So to me 150 pounds sounds quite cheap.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
well $420 in australia is about ?180 i think. The top grade bats from manufacturers hear tend to have rrp of ?250 but actually sell about ?180. Maybe yours all sell at the rrp.

Users who are viewing this thread