FOOTBALL Football Manager Discussion

What is up with all the maths suddenly? :p

Barcelona's transfer budget in the game is just ridiculously too much as each season passes by!

A point every 9.5 games, conceded on average 2.7 goals per game and won 0% of their games...

They conceded roughly 11.444444444 goals per goal they scored.

Continuing the trend with 4's. 4 was the amount of points they managed all season. Whilst each goal they scored represents 0.444444444 of their final season points total.

Finally, I got my Villarreal save going. Played 10 games so far. Four in the Europa League and six in the league.

In Europe, got past Tavria in the qualifying round 2-0 on aggregate. Could and should have been more if it weren't for their annoying 5-3-2 formation! Then, for the group stage, being thrown into the same group as Auxerre, Dortmund and Copenhagen.

VELGSD.jpg

Played two so far - Auxerre(A) and Copenhagen(H) - and drew both. Perhaps somewhat unfortunate with both results as I hit the woodwork 2-3 times in both matches. Next two matches against Dortmund is going to be crucial if I'm to progress from the group stage.

In the league, I have had a great start. Played six, won six and leading the league by 2 points but I am yet to face any of the big teams. First big test coming up is Atletico Madrid soon. Best result so far is arguably this:

ICW111.jpg

Probably nothing really big to shout about but happy to be able to score 3 more goals(Catala was sent off for a second yellow in the 46th min) to record a resounding win. Furthermore, they were unbeaten prior to the game. They won 4 and drew 1 and one of those wins came on the opening day when they thrashed Barcelona 4-1!

The one main thing I'm liking this save is the fluid 4-2-2-2/4-2-4 formation that I'm using. The passing and movement is a joy to watch. :p Creating many chances in matches but sometimes the finishing really drives me mad! :facepalm

Have completely crashed out of Europe after losing both games to Dortmund. Disappointed as I would have like to experience playing in the Europa League but the exit means it'll save me extra fixtures later on. So, not really feeling too disheartened about it.

Struggling in Europe but flying high in La Liga. Oh the irony! Top of La Liga after 13 games with 35 points and Barcelona and Real Madrid are 3 and 4 points behind respectively. Still unbeaten but dropped 4 points in draws against Sporting Gijon and Barcelona. After the draw against the latter, I'm having a mixed feeling about it.

MF111.jpg

Should I be pleased that I have gotten a point at the Nou Camp or be pissed because I threw away the lead twice?! The second goal I conceded was particularly frustrating because Xavi's shot deflected off Puyol's head! :facepalm

Last edited:
Started a new game unemployed due to some reasons.

Anyway, managed to get a job with Plymouth Argyle in League 2, first match was a Johnstone Paint Trophy game against League 1 side Wycombe who twatted me 5-1, gave the team some passionate motivational talks, only for them to go out in the next league game and twat 17th place Port Vale 4-0, currently playing against 1st place Britol Rovers who so far have been the weaker team, been completely dominating and the teams morale is through the roof.

Nine more league games to go and it's getting tight and nervy at the top of La Liga!

1. Villarreal----------29 | 22 - 5 - 2 - 76 - 23 - 71
2. Real Madrid-------29 | 21 - 4 - 4 - 65 - 20 - 67
3. Barcelona---------28 | 20 - 6 - 2 - 50 - 20 - 66
4. Atletico Madrid----28 | 17 - 6 - 5 - 64 - 33 - 57

After going on a long winning run, I've suddenly now gone 4 games without winning. Drew with Atletico Madrid, Sporting Gijon and Bilbao while losing to Madrid in between those games! Madrid should have taken advantage of that but they dropped points rather unexpectedly against the lesser teams.

As for Barcelona, they have a game in hand against Atletico Madrid. But what is important now is that I'm playing them next at home! Gotta make sure I don't lose that. Otherwise, they'll go top if they win their game in hand as well. And furthermore, they have a way easier run-in than me as I still have to play Sevilla and Valencia away from home! :facepalm

Finally, completed the season with Villarreal in just 4 days!

LaLigaVillarreal1.jpg

I was literally stressing out in the remaining games but playing mind games with the opposition managers did help to ease the stress a little bit and it worked! :p Anyway, the fluid 4-2-2-2 was major factor in the success BUT I struggled to keep clean sheet in away games throughout the season and the formation seem to have got found in the second half of the season. Thank goodness though my home form was good to help compensate the away form.

Apart from that, I also managed to win the Copa Del Rey.

CopaDelReyVillarreal.jpg

Was pleased to finally beat Barcelona at the Nou Camp but they fielded their second string team players which kinda took the excitement away from the win. That said, I rode my luck against them especially in the second leg. In the final, again, rode my luck but then Arbeloa got sent off midway through the first half and it got slightly easier from then on and I managed to get the win nicely.

Over in the Champions League in the same save, I really got blown away when I saw this:

SpursCLS.jpg

Quite unbelievable really especially their 7-0 aggregate win over Inter Milan!

Putting this save aside, I've started a new save with England(wanted to see how managing a country it's like) and my first game in charge ended rather annoyingly. :facepalm

E33H.jpg

Decided to set up my own huge international tournament although made the mistake in playing it in 2012 when the EURO Championship is on so it really makes it hard for the European nations. But mainly, it is the 208 full member FIFA nations who take part.

20 groups of 10 teams with each team playing each other once. Top two from each group progress.

40 teams from the previous stage + 8 other teams play in other group stage with 12 groups of 4 teams. Teams play each other once. Top team from each group progresses while the next best 4 teams progress to the Round of 16 and normal KO rules from there. (Probably should have thought that through first though)

Decided to play it with Argentina to see how many goals we can score :p

Just came across this video on Sortitoutsi.

:lol

Last edited by a moderator:
First competitive game in charge of England and not a bad result with Rooney scoring yet another hat-trick. :p

E51B.jpg

This group stage victory was followed up with wins over Switzerland(2-0) and Montenegro(3-0) to put me top of the group. In the friendly against France, managed to overcome them 1-0 despite being dominated for large periods of the game.

The only annoying thing now is I've to skip from November all the way to March for the next match against Wales. :facepalm

Decided to start a save with Villareal, my first save in the Spanish league in all FM games apart from Barcelona in last years game. Didn't really do much in the transfer window, only bringing in Wayne Bridge and Danny Welbeck on loan. Didn't find anybody worthwhile signing so I didn't really bother. Would have liked a new right full back but doesn't matter.

My main lineup for the season:

Diego Lopez
Angel--Rodriguez--Marchena--Bridge
Bruno
Senna---Valero
Rossi--Nilmar--Welbeck​

Decided to start a save with Villareal, my first save in the Spanish league in all FM games apart from Barcelona in last years game. Didn't really do much in the transfer window, only bringing in Wayne Bridge and Danny Welbeck on loan. Didn't find anybody worthwhile signing so I didn't really bother. Would have liked a new right full back but doesn't matter.

My main lineup for the season:

Diego Lopez
Angel--Rodriguez--Marchena--Bridge
Bruno
Senna---Valero
Rossi--Nilmar--Welbeck​

In my save, I went out to get Rafael on loan from Man United and it turned out to be a good move.

He has no interest in joining our club or so my scouts say.

----------

WTF, there was a bug in the press conference. I had to answer the same questions twice in a row before it wouldn't go on so I managed to get out of it by clicking on my inbox and the conference had concluded so I had a look at the history and I go to the last question and it says who would win the Liga BBVA this season and it says Benin was my answer!?!?!? Yes, the nation.

He has no interest in joining our club or so my scouts say.

Alright.

WTF, there was a bug in the press conference. I had to answer the same questions twice in a row before it wouldn't go on so I managed to get out of it by clicking on my inbox and the conference had concluded so I had a look at the history and I go to the last question and it says who would win the Liga BBVA this season and it says Benin was my answer!?!?!? Yes, the nation.

:lol Seen people posted that up before from FM11.

----------

Managing just a country alone is rather boring especially when there are no international matches from November till March. :facepalm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread