FOOTBALL Football Manager Discussion

But don't Norwich have no money? How can you get them better with no money?

Just try and win leagues and get money to buy better players or scout youngsters and train them up yourself?

I have 6mil because I said I can get promoted. That's tons of money. My midfield is absolutely tank atm and I brought a few more cheap but awesome strikers including one on a free. They're useful for my "Need a goal tactic" when I have a lot of quality up front with all 3 strikers and my midfielders can score too.

I see, well I don't want Norwich because your going them but I may give Birmingham a shot seeing as that is where my mother was born...

Birmingham ftw, but uh, I may need to look up their team on the net and see whos good and whos crap, whos worth keeping and whos worth buying...

What cheap players do you recommend? Whos in your tank midfield?

I see, well I don't want Norwich because your going them but I may give Birmingham a shot seeing as that is where my mother was born...

Birmingham ftw, but uh, I may need to look up their team on the net and see whos good and whos crap, whos worth keeping and whos worth buying...

What cheap players do you recommend? Whos in your tank midfield?

A lot I think I have I don't get because they dont want to play in League 1 and dont accept the contract so when I got Jose Luis Sierra I was stoked. Look him up. He's 38 lol but still has 14 natural fitness so it's alright.

My mids I brought:
Jose Luis Sierra
Abdul-Wahab Abu Al-Hail (lol long name and they show the whole thing in game. =/)
Gaizka Mendieta (Free)
Cole Skuse (traded a player for him plus I got 100k)

My forwards:
Bashar Abdullah
Vincenzo Montella (Free)

Cost: Only 1.6mil :D

I still have 5.2mil to spend and I still have 81k of the wage budget I can use. Haha, win. I might go for a goalkeeper... David James maybe 4.2mil aint bad but he might not want to come.

Last edited:
I see, how the hell do you know these unknowns? Did you look them up on some special FM website or something. :p

Anyways, started an A-League save after all as the Glory, looking for a good striker, will probably look overseas and I need to strengthen my defence...

I customize my searches. For a defender I look for Tackling and Marking. I start at maybe 14 for each. Then maybe 13 for each. Maybe 15 tackling 11 marking etc. I do that for all of them.

Defenders: Marking and Tackling
Midfield: Passing and Dribbling
Strikers: Finishing and pace/dribbling/first touch.

I find a lot of old gems that way. They are cheap because of there age.

Feelin Blue? added 16 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

I see, how the hell do you know these unknowns? Did you look them up on some special FM website or something. :p

Anyways, started an A-League save after all as the Glory, looking for a good striker, will probably look overseas and I need to strengthen my defence...

Defenders I brought for Sydney
Con Blatsis
Yaha Golmohammadi
Peter McPherson
Ante Juric
Strikers:
Vincenzo Montella
Russel Woodruffe

I also got this fella who is a CM/DM:
Marcelo Pena
and
Robbie Gaspar

Or play a fun season with Norwich.

Personally my Sydney save isn't fun because I know the team well so I am annoyed at the team on fm. Not to mention Aloisi, Mark Bridge and the back up keeper are away on loan =/. A save with Perth or another team where I'm not familiar with the back up players would probably be a little more interesting.

Why don't you just add in the players yourself using the editor? You obviously know the team well and that way you can have the exact squad.

?22mil to spend at the start of the season for Wolves, which I was fairly suprised to see. Signed Jason Scotland on a free but my top goalscorer Andrew keogh decided to leave which is a bit of a bummer. Finally snapped up Nathan Delfouneso, but it cost me a fair bit - ?8.25mil! He's going to be quality though and at only 19 he should go on and play for England in the future. Trying to sign another centre back, but despite offers for Gary Neville and Stephen Taylor being accepted neither of them want to come. Once I've signed a centre back the team should be good enough to compete in the Premiership.

I can't seem to find this editor... I might get one off sortitoutsi.

Are you on 08? Nathan Delfouneso is only 16 on the first year of 08... would he be worth getting?

Edit: dayum, he's 2.1mil lol.

EDIT AGAIN!: Never mind mate, I got it :)

Last edited:
Delfouneso is definitely worth getting as soon as possible, although he is pretty pricey. Before I joined Wolves I started at Aston Villa and started him in our FA Cup final match with Chelsea. We won 2-0 and he scored the second. He's currently 19 and playing for the England U19's, but he'll soon be in the main squad. So yeh, if you can afford him, get him.

And yes, this is on 08.

6gdcaw.jpg

If anyone wants a good young prospect heres one i got for 200k from OFK Beograd but only downside is you have to loan him out to get a work permit for 3 years which is alrite if you buy him young.

I need help. I edited Sydney and added Gold Coast and North Queensland to be in from the start, but now when I save it I can't select Australia when starting a new game. Help please.

Ahh, it seems to work if I don't have Gold Coast and NQ in from the start.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever signed Angelo Palombo? His stats are pretty awesome but I always forget to sign him. Teams like Liverpool and City seem always get him.

As for my Reading save, this are going pretty awesomely:

I took over with 10 games left in 19th place. First game was against Liverpool at home. I won 5-0! I also beat Chelsea 3-1 and didn't lose any of the matches. Ended up 14th in the league.

Next season I got ?30mil to spend! Unfortunately my main players wanted to leave so I had to say goodbye to Ibrahima Sonko, Kevin Doyle, Nickey Shorey, Liam Rosenoir and Shane Long.

I did however sign the following:

Darijo Srna - ?11mil
Jonathon Woodgate - ?10mil
Jason Koumas - ?8.5mil
Jimmy Briand - ?10mil
Andy van der Meyde - ?2.5mil
Adel Taarabt - ?2.3mil (absolute bargain!)
David James - 825k
Darren Gibson - Free
Dietmar Hamman - Free

Also got Lassana Diarra and Giorgious Samaras on loan til the end of the season.

My team:

David James
Graeme Murty -- Brahim Hemdani -- Jonathan Woodgate -- Andre Bikey -- Darijo Srna

Adel Taraabt -- Lassana Diarra -- Jason Koumas

Jimmy Briand -- Leroy Lita​

After 9 games I'm first in the league. The table is pretty messed up though as Liverpool and Arsenal are mid table and everyone has played a different amount of games.

Users who are viewing this thread