Football Transfers Thread

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And so,it is Torres back at his boyhood club.Really wish that Atleti transform him...

Yes indeed. It would be really nice to see the ballon d'or nominee changing back to what he used to be back in his Atleti days.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Simeone as well went out of his way to ask for him, surely that's got to be a change for Torres after really not feeling important at Chelsea during his whole run and the loan spell at Milan.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What if I told you ManU's going to pick him up? :lol would be so freakin' awesome if they do.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I don't see him choosing a premier league side,as mentioned in article he may choose a MLS side or any other top leagues in Europe.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So, Liverpool confirms an MLS move of Gerrard. Probably the best thing for him.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Valdes is a great signing. It's been obvious he wouldn't go elsewhere since he came to united for recovery. (Thanks LVG!) I've read the talk about how his signing is unnecessary.... WHAT? we're lucky to have him! He's a top keeper, he's only 32. Most clubs were vying for his signature at the end of last season and admittedly he would be playing for another top club right now if not for his injury lay-off. United have finally managed to fix a persisting uncertainty over getting a stable no. 2 GK. De Gea and Valdes. That sounds out reassurance.

That unsurprisingly marks the end for Lindegaard. He's always been decent, never made fuss about playing time. He's better than what people think of him; it's hard to see him stay put beyond this window unless he settles for an emergency backup role...which might never be the case. De Gea has been in top form and Lindegaard's one of those people who never minded being in his shadow if necessary. Same with Amos, United lad through & through but his chances are bleak... AND with Milinkovic coming in next season.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Valdes is a great signing. It's been obvious he wouldn't go elsewhere since he came to united for recovery. (Thanks LVG!) I've read the talk about how his signing is unnecessary.... WHAT? we're lucky to have him! He's a top keeper, he's only 32. Most clubs were vying for his signature at the end of last season and admittedly he would be playing for another top club right now if not for his injury lay-off. United have finally managed to fix a persisting uncertainty over getting a stable no. 2 GK. De Gea and Valdes. That sounds out reassurance.

That unsurprisingly marks the end for Lindegaard. He's always been decent, never made fuss about playing time. He's better than what people think of him; it's hard to see him stay put beyond this window unless he settles for an emergency backup role...which might never be the case. De Gea has been in top form and Lindegaard's one of those people who never minded being in his shadow if necessary. Same with Amos, United lad through & through but his chances are bleak... AND with Milinkovic coming in next season.
Real Madrid sound out David de Gea over summer move - reports - ESPN FC

Other than DDG playing for Atleti before and coming through their ranks, everything else would worry me if I were a United fan, the contract situation and just the fact that if Real deem a player "worthy", more often than not, they will get him.

Last edited:

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Unlikely.
1) It's hard to see him leaving at this stage, given the resurgence at United and he'll stay no.1 for the foreseeable future without a doubt. Madrid can try all they can to poach him off united. we've been there before.
2) He's an Atletico lad and reiterated his fondness for them before, so unless his head is twisted by money, playing for their cross town rivals is out of the of question (for now).
3) His agent is Jorge Mendes. He can make or break transfers - from what i've heard, his current equation with united is "Sign Falcao permanently and David's contract is secured." much to my delight and works in united's favor.
4) He's adored at OT. He's won the PL title following the 2011-12 heartbreak and improved massively in the last 2-3 seasons so it's unlikely that he'd gamble leaving united for madrid, especially with so many top players in the squad.
5) I don't see what Real can offer to prize him away that United can't. Wages? no problem. Culture? no problem. Titles? ;)

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Unlikely.
1) It's hard to see him leaving at this stage, given the resurgence at United and he'll stay no.1 for the foreseeable future without a doubt. Madrid can try all they can to poach him off united. we've been there before.
And what happened before? :rolleyes
2) He's an Atletico lad and reiterated his fondness for them before, so unless his head is twisted by money, playing for their cross town rivals is out of the of question (for now).
Brought this point up myself, but we've seen players say one thing and do another thing before.
3) His agent is Jorge Mendes. He can make or break transfers - from what i've heard, his current equation with united is "Sign Falcao permanently and David's contract is secured." much to my delight and works in united's favor.
Haven't heard anything about this, but wouldn't put it past Mendes.
4) He's adored at OT. He's won the PL title following the 2011-12 heartbreak and improved massively in the last 2-3 seasons so it's unlikely that he'd gamble leaving united for madrid, especially with so many top players in the squad.
He'd be adored at Real too, much more so because he is seen as the heir apparent to Casillas in the Spanish national side, and a move to Real is no gamble, if Real are actually keen to move on from Casillas then he'd be the #1 in the very 1st game he's available to play like Courtois at Chelsea.
5) I don't see what Real can offer to prize him away that United can't. Wages? no problem. Culture? no problem. Titles? ;)
A white shirt, whatever level you think United are at as far as club prestige is concerned, Barca and Real are a tier above on their own, especially to non-British players.

All that said, your points are valid for why he'd stay and sign an extension, I'd just be less skeptical about him staying for the foreseeable future if he were to sign an extension before the summer, but I just get the sense like Cristiano and many other players Real have poached over the years that it's only inevitable and only a case of when he leaves to Real rather than if he leaves at all.

Last edited:

KBC

Panel of Selectors
It's inevitable if he wants to go back, but that phase has passed in his turbulent first season. He's established his place permanently in the team ever since.

However, it's not a one way traffic anymore. The tides have turned. ADM took the other way around between Madrid to Manchester. It won't make sense after all the summer splurge on bringing top players into the squad to let one of our best players leave. It breaks the whole point. we've witnessed the worst possible let off with pogba. We need the best years of our players at United and the odds are slightly in our favour for once.

that being said, contemplating on ifs and buts can only go as far. But(!) I hope he signs a new deal haha.

Users who are viewing this thread