KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Even though I don't see it happening, imagine if De Gea actually signs that contract...

Vicente del Bosque: "If De Gea does not play with Manchester United then it will be very difficult for him to go to the Euros."

LVG be like sign the new contract or say goodbye to the EUROS !!!!

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I never thought De Gea would leave United, at least not this summer. But this does leave the state of things in a mess. It leaves us with him, Romero and Valdes (HE'S STILL THERE HAHA). In an ideal world, they're a perfect GK 3 any club would take without hesitation. Yet no GK is assured of a No. 1 place or a frame of mind to contend with others.

LvG is a shrewd tactician; his tactical nuances are beautiful (at times) but his trigger happy squad/man management with players above 23 is questionable and leaves many scratching their brains out whether his authoritative antics have gone too far without bearing any results. Let alone this season, his next 6 months will potentially define his further role at the club.

While I'm at it, just ponder over what could've been.... Van Persie, Falcao, Mata, Di Maria, Herrera, Valdes. World class names. Yet he found a way to mismanage these players either tactically or personally. I'd love him to succeed as any other United supporter would but you can't turn a blind eye to his methods. Much has been made out of bringing players from the academy. How many players he promoted last season are still at the club? McNair? Pereira? Powell? Wilson's been used sparingly. Loaning them doesn't make much sense given the horrifying number of injuries last season he's had to persist.

Pros being he's nearly molded United into a typical LvG squad. 2 established (as in with his "philosophy") players per position. Crowded midfield, bursting wing-backs, lone forwards. Only time will tell if all his decisions will bring any silverware to the club. If not, this has to fare than worse than David Moyes' tenure at the club.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Vicente del Bosque: "If De Gea does not play with Manchester United then it will be very difficult for him to go to the Euros."

LVG be like sign the new contract or say goodbye to the EUROS !!!!
I think he's going to be the #1 going forward this season, DDG is contracted for 1 more season and he will be professional and be his very best for that 1 season, but to just entertain the thought of United doing that, all players are protected by labor laws, you got to remember DDG never refused to play (or even handed in a transfer request for that matter), he could sue United into blue hell on grounds of wrongful treatment.

Being contracted ≠ Being a slave.

David De Gea on Manchester Utd Champions League squad list - ESPN FC

Once he's cup tied in the CL all Real will do is sign him to a pre-contract in January with the biggest sign on bonus in the history of football.

Last edited:

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
I think he's going to be the #1 going forward this season, DDG is contracted for 1 more season and he will be professional and be his very best for that 1 season, but to just entertain the thought of United doing that, all players are protected by labor laws, you got to remember DDG never refused to play (or even handed in a transfer request for that matter), he could sue United into blue hell on grounds of wrongful treatment.

Being contracted ≠ Being a slave.

David De Gea on Manchester Utd Champions League squad list - ESPN FC

Once he's cup tied in the CL all Real will do is sign him to a pre-contract in January with the biggest sign on bonus in the history of football.

Well we have got Romero play him in FA CUP and COC only :D anyways now i hope that he rejects REAL

Last edited:

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Word is He's about to sign a new long term contract!! wow. Being a minute away from sealing Real Madrid move to this!

I'm not entirely convinced but you could tell he was in 2 minds all summer. He couldn't refuse the rare prospect of being Madrid no. 1 and the spanish perks that go with it but that'd mean missing United.

If he signs a Long term Contract. Real Madrid will have had it up their ass. They deserve a ramos medicine served up to their own.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think De Gea is overrated, I just feel that all his saves (especially against Arsenal) have all been close to him and has just been about moving an arm or leg. Still rate Szczency better at shot stopping and pretty much everything par spreading the ball and consistency but I think in 3-4 years time they could both be fighting for the best keeper or one of the best in the world...

KBC

Panel of Selectors
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Szczesny is a world class keeper. Top character. He wouldn't let Cech's career hang in jeopardy so he let himself away to Roma. Pure class.

/howtorantlikeagunner

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well its just my opinion, you've seen a lot of De Gea so I could be wrong as I based it off one game (which what I was saying was 100%). Szczesny is not a world class keeper yet but I think he can be, his shot stopping is world class its just the other areas of his game that lets him down...

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Well we have got Romero play him in FA CUP and COC only :D anyways now i hope that he rejects REAL

A very distinct possibility that DDG can only over come with some sort of a contract extension.

Word is He's about to sign a new long term contract!! wow. Being a minute away from sealing Real Madrid move to this!

I'm not entirely convinced but you could tell he was in 2 minds all summer. He couldn't refuse the rare prospect of being Madrid no. 1 and the spanish perks that go with it but that'd mean missing United.

If he signs a Long term Contract. Real Madrid will have had it up their ass. They deserve a ramos medicine served up to their own.
Not so fast, a long term contract could just be a negotiation tactic by Jorge Mendes to secure him playing time as #1 to make it to the Euros with plenty of game time under his belt and countering Umair's suggestion of DDG being the #2 and getting cup games, they will most definitely negotiate in there a release clause for Real to bypass any future negotiations with United, as we've heard Perez is just about done with United after the recent fiasco. :lol

This has been so fun to watch as a City fan and a Perez hater. ;)

Last edited:

Epic

Panel of Selectors
CN7DlYJWEAEEiac.jpg

Manchester United have third-costliest squad Europe - CIES - ESPN FC

KBC

Panel of Selectors
A very distinct possibility that DDG can only over come with some sort of a contract extension.

Not so fast, a long term contract could just be a negotiation tactic by Jorge Mendes to secure him playing time as #1 to make it to the Euros with plenty of game time under his belt and countering Umair's suggestion of DDG being the #2 and getting cup games, they will most definitely negotiate in there a release clause for Real to bypass any future negotiations with United, as we've heard Perez is just about done with United after the recent fiasco. :lol

This has been so fun to watch as a City fan and a Perez hater. ;)

A release clause in a new contract makes little sense to me.
1) It would repeat this window's story. United won't budge. Real won't give in. Only chance of an absurdly expensive release clause.
2) It paves way for other clubs to join in. Why would United invite such trouble if they want to keep their best player?
3) Any other clauses that don't suggest a straight up long term contract = giving in. It's unlikely United will entertain any form of clauses which will aid his departure from the club.

Put a $1bn Ronaldo-like release clause. Give Madrid their own medicine. Can't snatch away our best players when they want and as they like.

If he's only going to renew with United with a clause to sound out a near future move to Madrid/Enhance his euro prospects; then I'd be glad to see United run his contract down than let him use it as a veil.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
A release clause in a new contract makes little sense to me.
1) It would repeat this window's story. United won't budge. Real won't give in. Only chance of an absurdly expensive release clause.
2) It paves way for other clubs to join in. Why would United invite such trouble if they want to keep their best player?
3) Any other clauses that don't suggest a straight up long term contract = giving in. It's unlikely United will entertain any form of clauses which will aid his departure from the club.

Put a $1bn Ronaldo-like release clause. Give Madrid their own medicine. Can't snatch away our best players when they want and as they like.

If he's only going to renew with United with a clause to sound out a near future move to Madrid/Enhance his euro prospects; then I'd be glad to see United run his contract down than let him use it as a veil.
The only problem with all that is he's still United's best keeper and arguably the best keeper in the world, also the main reason you guys are back in the CL, he essentially shielded a very horrible defense which while better statistically this season hasn't really added names other than Darmian, just imagine benching him all season, Romero not being at the level of DDG and not making top 4.

Even if United lose him for free next summer but get everything out of him for 1 year, which would mean making top 4 again I'd think, you could sign a somewhat good #1 next season, lots to ponder.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
I can't understand the stand off with Valdes. Surely just fine him and move along? It's not the first time at United. I could swear we wouldn't have Cantona or Rio turning out to be who they were for United if LvG was our man.

Users who are viewing this thread