Future of Series

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sorry guys, i did not know what wordwrap is but now i do. thanks guys, like i said im new to computers. My parents never own one when i was growing up. Anyway this forum will be very busy next week when people put there improvements for trickstar next game. Lets hope codamasters let trickstar have more time next time.:banana2

desisher

School Cricketer
i just hope that if the game is any good game play wise then i hope that a lot of copies are going to be sold so there is a incentive to make it even better and with licenses...

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Guys just looking at the xbox 360 new kinect, that would be so cool. Stand infront of your tv and do the shots you want to. But at the moment its just a dream.

Boundaries

Club Cricketer
This game is the only thing I would even consider buying it for. Microsoft better not screw us over and go all wii on us.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Playing Cricket on Kinect would certainly be a dream come true. I can see thats its pretty simple to simulate batting with kinect but bowling will be very difficult to simulate and apply.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Yeah your right about that. Batting is easy but bowling well maybe just batting to start with. Still i don't think we will see this kind of thing for years and years. Nothing wrong with dreaming, lets hope the new starwars lightsaber game is good, when trickstar can have a go.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
No worries about bowling... if they are able to make it work for baseball, which i am sure will happen before cricket gets there, we should be fine as well. If they can simulate fast ball, curve ball, slider, knuckle ball etc. the basics should be there for cutters, swinging deliveries, off breaks & leg spin.

jonny1408

School Cricketer
small things make the difference

One thing, player sizes? Not all players are one size, not too bothered about fat and thin, although that would be good! But mainly tall and small players, potentially having an effect on the lengths tall bowlers need to bowl compared to average height. But also different lengths to shorter/tall batsmen, and different areas for front foot/back foot shot selection.
I do not know a lot about coding but wouldn't see it be too difficult to do, would add another dimension to game, and make people think about another factor, making it harder, but with concentration can still be done, which AI batting wants to be.

Another point, fielding! Not the catching system or anything like that, just the animations, its like watching fielders from the 1980s! Add in loads of new animations, make it exciting whether or not that ball will go for four, with despairing dives. Would also like to see better keeper animations, them moving their feet, and no horrendous diving one handed flappy catches to spinners.

Apologies if any of the fielding stuff has been implemented in international cricket 2010.

P

pcfan123

One thing, player sizes? Not all players are one size, not too bothered about fat and thin, although that would be good! But mainly tall and small players, potentially having an effect on the lengths tall bowlers need to bowl compared to average height. But also different lengths to shorter/tall batsmen, and different areas for front foot/back foot shot selection.
I do not know a lot about coding but wouldn't see it be too difficult to do, would add another dimension to game, and make people think about another factor, making it harder, but with concentration can still be done, which AI batting wants to be.

Another point, fielding! Not the catching system or anything like that, just the animations, its like watching fielders from the 1980s! Add in loads of new animations, make it exciting whether or not that ball will go for four, with despairing dives. Would also like to see better keeper animations, them moving their feet, and no horrendous diving one handed flappy catches to spinners.

Apologies if any of the fielding stuff has been implemented in international cricket 2010.

Small things do make the difference and I am sure that is what the focus will shift to once the foundation of the gameplay is established and solid.

IC10 from what I have read/heard addressed the core issues of gameplay that were wrong in AC09 and implements a brand new camera and power feature.

The next edition, they might have the luxury of adding what you have suggested along with improving the aesthetics and other secondary issues.

Don't want to jinx anything but we might have a franchise on our hands. If we get a game a year for the next 5 years, I will be ecstatic.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
No worries about bowling... if they are able to make it work for baseball, which i am sure will happen before cricket gets there, we should be fine as well. If they can simulate fast ball, curve ball, slider, knuckle ball etc. the basics should be there for cutters, swinging deliveries, off breaks & leg spin.

I don't see how Kinect will be able to pick cutters from seamer and conventional swing from reverse swing. I am no technician but it will quite a feat if they can imitate bowling in Kinect.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I don't see how Kinect will be able to pick cutters from seamer and conventional swing from reverse swing. I am no technician but it will quite a feat if they can imitate bowling in Kinect.

As I said I will let baseball game developers/publishers to lead the way :D

P

pcfan123

You will let them :sarcasm

I was unaware that they required your permission. Cricket games will never be comparable to baseball games until the spending power of the Sub Continent market can compete with the US market.

There is a reason why the SHOW is so good, because it sells millions of copies at $65 each.

P Squared

International Coach
You will let them :sarcasm

I was unaware that they required your permission. Cricket games will never be comparable to baseball games until the spending power of the Sub Continent market can compete with the US market.

There is a reason why the SHOW is so good, because it sells millions of copies at $65 each.

I dont think thats going to happen in my lifetime unless the UPA brings in some strict piracy regime. But its already there in mumbai though thats just one city.

P

pcfan123

It will happen soon enough, maybe a few decades, the Indian middle class is the fastest growing in the world after the Chinese

Users who are viewing this thread