Game Crashed - Lost a match midway

Westindies

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Matt and ross,
Game has crashed umpteenth time after the new updates, and i have lost a match in midway, why the hell you are not giving us the option to save the game whenever we want , why should i exit when i want to save. What logic is that?. Its high time and we need the save game option .

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I agree that there should be an option for 'save and continue'. I came around when my career player got his first 100 in an intl Test (unbeaten on 130 odd) and the game crashed on PS3 (it got stuck and didn't respond to any controller input) . When I rebooted PS3 and resumed career mode, I had to re-start the match and my earlier innings went in vain. If there was an 'auto save' or 'save and continue' option, I could've saved the game and continued. 'Save and exit' is not an option for such a scenario as it takes quite a while to save, exit and resume the match.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
My game crashed as well after the last update, it was an OD & I was middle of second innings to chase down the target & it crashed with same symptoms mentioned above. i.e., I wasn't able to return to my desktop to do kill process of this process & ended up restarting the whole machine. From that time, I wasn't interested to play a match till now.

Is there an option to roll back to 1.20.x version, I am least interested in modding options and I was enjoying the game very well in 1.20.x which was close to being stable. These kind of crashes is just going to pull my plug off from playing this as it is boring to start the same match all over again.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I agree. I think an auto save feature (at the end of every over perhaps?) would be a welcome addition.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I agree. I think an auto save feature (at the end of every over perhaps?) would be a welcome addition.
They can use the cloud save and make them save it there directly...If possible..

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
And for guys on PS4/XB1 PS3/XB360?
For that they should probably go with save and continue then...:D

And this request was put in way long even by me as here power cuts are unpredictable...Hopefully they come up with save and continue for the next version...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
I disagree. We should have new threads for everything, all the time. It's the only way to move forward after over 12 months of continued support, tweaks and feedback. Blithely passive-aggressive new threads is the new when is the release date.

...but seriously...

Save-And-Exit has been a part of the game since launch, genuinely still surprised people haven't got used to it yet. Yes, it's a pain in the ass, yes it should just be a simple save-and-move-on type thing... it was done for the wrong reasons (online leaderboards) that nobody cares about, but it's a feature, you know what you're in for when you turn the game on. I can count on one hand the number of times the game has crashed on me and I've genuinely lost a whole game... I mostly get crashes during online gameplay and it's really no hassle to jump back in where we were before (often to my advantage) ...so whilst I sympathize a fraction, most of me just goes "Eh, you know what you're in for, find a solution on your own"

I save-and-exit regularly in career mode, problem solved.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
And for guys on PS4/XB1 PS3/XB360?
They have equivalents to cloud saves - however all the implementations are simply the console/Steam uploading the save files from where the game saves them locally, so they don't offer any functionality that isn't possible to do locally.

---

If people have bugs to report, do so in the correct manner, using the template and as much detail as possible - and in the thread for the patch.

Particularly important with changes in versions are whether you commenced the match prior to a patch, and whether you experience the same problems when stating new matches entirely on the patch, etc. The more info you can provide, the easier it is for me and the developers to track the issue down.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Major problem for me not to report in bug thread - I don't have save game file with me which is needed for you guys to even look at this. I don't have time to save & exit every time anticipating the crash. It's one odd crash that frustrates you very much to start the same match again & play from ball 1.

Outside the save file we should definitely have some other log file mechanism to catch these exceptions like creating from dumps and so on(at least in next iteration).

Westindies

Club Captain
I think we can all agree this was a massive oversightTM but seriously @Westindies that is an appalling manner in which to attempt to raise an issue.

Everything will look appalling unless you experience it.. having bowled out for 183 and putting the pressure back on opposition by taking early wickets and losing that match in midway due to game crash will make you create thread like this.. If save option was there i would have saved it. Can someone explain me why should we quit when we want to save?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Everything will look appalling unless you experience it.. having bowled out for 183 and putting the pressure back on opposition by taking early wickets and losing that match in midway due to game crash will make you create thread like this.. If save option was there i would have saved it. Can someone explain me why should we quit when we want to save?

Your ability to follow instructions is appalling. Follow the advice Matt gave.

Westindies

Club Captain
Your ability to follow instructions is appalling. Follow the advice Matt gave.
its not a problem with the patch or before patch, its a problem from the day one. i have been asking this for ages and its been overlooked every time. Your ignorance on this feature is appalling..

Users who are viewing this thread