General Cricket Discussion

If any one is looking for a job in cricket

Already filled out. My dog too filled out and is getting ready to be the next head coach.

433B848D-0047-4E29-8A8F-6DD8039C4A51.jpeg

So, it begins again! just scrap the tournament- such a mess it is. They held it last in 2017 and prior to that in 2013. There's no consistency in the same. No wonder the ICC has lost one of its prime sponsors days before the mega event in the USA.

This madness of conducting an event every year needs to stop. It is becoming an overkill. If they really want an event every year, just conduct a Club World Cup or something similar to UEFA. But, for the love f the game, don't mess around with international events.

If the CT has to remain in their FTP, they need to decide now whether they want it , what format, and who will play. Whether this has direct qualification consequences etc. all this needs to be frozen in for atleast 1 full tv rights cycle for the ICC to even attract more sponsors. My personal take on this being- scrap it and conduct a 50 over Knockout (precursor to the CT) or have a Club World Cup. (franchisees UEFA sorta format)

So, it begins again! just scrap the tournament- such a mess it is. They held it last in 2017 and prior to that in 2013. There's no consistency in the same. No wonder the ICC has lost one of its prime sponsors days before the mega event in the USA.

This madness of conducting an event every year needs to stop. It is becoming an overkill. If they really want an event every year, just conduct a Club World Cup or something similar to UEFA. But, for the love f the game, don't mess around with international events.

If the CT has to remain in their FTP, they need to decide now whether they want it , what format, and who will play. Whether this has direct qualification consequences etc. all this needs to be frozen in for atleast 1 full tv rights cycle for the ICC to even attract more sponsors. My personal take on this being- scrap it and conduct a 50 over Knockout (precursor to the CT) or have a Club World Cup. (franchisees UEFA sorta format)
I'd prefer if the Champions Trophy was like the abandoned Super League.

Two groups that play each other in bilateral (or tri-series) in a format like the World League. Then maybe you have the top five go to the finals which could just be a 5-team knockout.

With the WTC now in the calendar, albeit the final being only a week, it feels having five world tournaments in four years is ridiculous. Hell, give us a three week WTC knockout instead.

Users who are viewing this thread