Graphics Card Issue???

Highlander999

ICC President
Hey all

Basically I think my graphics card has decided to throw in the towel. As it stands my graphics are all over the place. STALKER which used to run fine, now has about a 5 second lag, AOE2 and ICC 08 (which are not big graphics games) are laggy (AOE2 has a multi-coloured sea, ffs) DVD's are sluggish as well.

Everything else is fine, which is why I think it is not a virus, as Internet is fine, programmes like Photoshop and MS Word run ok, it is just games/DVD's. Would this be a graphics card falling to bits and how can I definetly find out? Also will I get a free replacement as this is still within my laptops guarantee period???

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Depends what the guarantee covers. I was going to say take it out and have a look, no point if it's a laptop.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Highlander999 said:
AOE2 has a multi-coloured sea, ffs

You're using Vista right? I've heard that the problem either dissappears on using 800x600 resolution ingame, or if you alt tab out and then back in the game after running it.

You know what, this problem is permanent in Windows 7, which is why I had to install XP in a Virtual Machine. :(

For the rest of the others, try updating your graphics drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread