Help for those with nVidia cards suffering from slow performance

tommymac

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
where did you unzip it to? you shold find a setup.exe or somthing similar to install the driver from that directory

garylawrence

Club Cricketer
Thanks...I've done it YES...It's strange that this game requires so much power from graph cards !!! I hope we'll be able to change the cameras cos I don't like it when it runs after the ball.

tommymac

Club Cricketer
firstly i hope you uninstalled your previous driver before installing this new one, and secondly has the driver improved the performance of the game?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Matt I have an odd problem, I have the same GFX card as you I updated my drivers restarted, but in my NIVADA control panel it doesnt have Manage 3D Settings on the side or inside it....

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Punk Sk8r! said:
Matt I have an odd problem, I have the same GFX card as you I updated my drivers restarted, but in my NIVADA control panel it doesnt have Manage 3D Settings on the side or inside it....

I have modified the first post (it appears I didn't explain it well enough)

rohitrp

School Cricketer
manage 3d settings options is in advanced view and not in standard view(above selact a category)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Matt I went into the 3D settings and under Appearances I dont have the option to Manage 3D settings?

hardeepdewal

School Cricketer
hey guys

quick question.. i have a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE graphics card. the demo was very jittery and i tried all tips from planetcricket to make the game more playable, however, i had no luck..so was just wondering if my graphics card is just not good enough? if its no good, what upgrade would you guys suggest?

please help, thanks!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Punk Sk8r! said:
Matt I went into the 3D settings and under Appearances I dont have the option to Manage 3D settings?
You will need to go into advanced view:

kingkaz

Club Cricketer
I've got geforce nvidia 7600, and if i start the demo its fine, but if i press alt+tab to go to internet for a few sec. and then go back to the demo my laptop crashes... any help plz

hellboychd

School Cricketer
I hv p4 1.7 768ram nd nvidia 5500 256 mb. the game runs very slow . ieven tried everythng writen here then also game runs slow. i tried playng the game on my other pc which is p4 2.66 512ram. it has 256 in built graphic memory b'use the board i m using is intel102. in this pc a also DEMO is runing very slow.

vijay24

School Cricketer
i have the geforce mx card, which isnt supported as i am aware, but is there ANY WAY round this?

on my laptop, i have the intel 945GM/GU chipset, which again isnt supported..... no way round this either??

cheers !!

Cowburn199

International Coach
vijay24 said:
i have the geforce mx card, which isnt supported as i am aware, but is there ANY WAY round this?

on my laptop, i have the intel 945GM/GU chipset, which again isnt supported..... no way round this either??

cheers !!
Nope no way around it with your current hardware, sorry.

exprezzo

Club Cricketer
whitehornmatt said:
Here is how to get to the nVidia equivalent of the Catalyst Control Centre:

1. Install the latest drivers for your nVidia card by following this link. The picture below shows how I got to my card's drivers (an FX5200):

2. Once they are installed (and you have restarted if necessary) right click on your desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel. A screen like the one below will appear. If it is not in your right click menu look in Control Panel for it:

Click 3D settings (the big button) and then pick Manage 3D Settings from the next screen:

3. A screen like this will then appear:

Select the Program Settings tab, then click the Add button and go find your BLIC exe from whatever place you installed it. A screen similar to this but with the BLIC exe selected will appear:

4. Modify the settings:
I modified the screenshot above to have all of the settings shown, but just in case here are the values you want in their respective order:
Off, On, On, None, Use Hardware, Off, None, Single Display Performance Mode, Allow, High Performance (if you only make one change to the settings, make it this one, my default was High Quality), On, Off, Force Off.
If you have any settings on that page other than what is shown in the screen shot, post.

5. Ensure that you have the game set at the lowest resolution, etc settings possible in the BLIC Setup program:

The only ones here that aren't already set by the Contol Panel are Resolution and sound. I used the ones shown in the screenshot above, they worked, try them first, then experiment.

6. Play the Game. After doing all this I could play the demo easily.
thanks a lot for the help. though you have mentioned everything in the list, i have a few more queries.What to do with the following :

1.Transperancy Antialiasing off?
2.Gamma correct Antialiasing off?

P.S. I am using GeFx 6100

Users who are viewing this thread