Hindi Cinema Discussion

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fan is awesome :D just came back from theatre. Amazing film. First half was really good. Second half has more action sequence and stuff. Still mesmerised by his acting. After disappointing last two films, SRK z back :D

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Fan is awesome :D just came back from theatre. Amazing film. First half was really good. Second half has more action sequence and stuff. Still mesmerised by his acting. After disappointing last two films, SRK z back :D

I have had to postpone it to Sunday. Really looking forward to it

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
'Fan' - A solid power packed film with a strong script. And SRK in possibly one of his finest ever acts! The performance as Gaurav (the fan) is sensational. SRK nails both roles but the fan role was just so awesome. The make up was brilliant, but the act behind it was equally superb. The start was initially low key but once things started getting hot on the screenplay side, the film picked pace seamlessly. Logic might not seem to be great in places, but the screenplay and the drama holds you over really strong.

4/5

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
@abhi_jacko Did you watch the film?

I did. I LOVED it. Going to watch it again tonight

SRK was just mind blowing - he was brilliant as Gaurav, but his portrayal of Aryan Khanna - a fading, flawed superstar was even more powerful. Plus it was a risky role to play, because it is so easy to carry over his off-screen persona into that character - but not for a second did I feel that it was Shahrukh and not Aryan.

And on first look the movie feels very simple, but the more I think about it, the more depth it seems to have. I feel like every scene in that movie meant something and was not there just for the sake of being there. Which is why I am really eager to re-watch it. Going with some non-Indian friends tomorrow. Lets see what they think about it

The chase scenes might have been a bit "too long" but they were well done nevertheless

LOVED it

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
However they did not played the Jabra Fan song :(

True ! But I am glad they did not. It just wasn't that kind of a movie

And I am really really glad they did not play it in the end credits, because that would have diluted the affects of what was a very intense conclusion (loved the last scene)

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
True ! But I am glad they did not. It just wasn't that kind of a movie

And I am really really glad they did not play it in the end credits, because that would have diluted the affects of what was a very intense conclusion (loved the last scene)

but he was then known to be Aryan's biggest Fan

[HASHTAG]#FAN[/HASHTAG]

Last edited by a moderator:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Maybe put a spoiler tag in your post - in case someone who hasn't seen the movie passes by this thread :)

And I actually meant, the scene after that.
Where Aryan comes out again on his birthday to wave to the crowd. It is a clear reversal of roles when compared to the first such scene in the movie where the FAN is looking up to the star and acknowledging his presence, while the Star is just waving blindly to the crowd. And then in the last scene, the Star is the one who notices the FAN and acknowledges his presence while the Fan just stands there and smiles back. Because "that is how its meant to be"

Users who are viewing this thread