Holiday from Hell

Highlander999

ICC President
Hi everyone I'm back from my hols in Canada.

Firstly I just have to say Canada is the most amazing country, and I have never met such a friendly nation of people, however everything I tell you is true no matter how fictional it sounds.

The holiday got off to a bad start at Glasgow airport when I was apprehended at security because my brother planted a bottle of orange juice in my rucksack resulting in me be taken away for questioning which was pretty scary. However I still luckily made my flight with my family so no damage done.

We arrived in Vancouver and got a taxi to the hotel. Big mistake. The driver obviously thought it was the Canadian Grand Prix and due to the law of averages ploughed into the back of a stationary car, so we have to get out find a new cabbie which was surprisingly difficult. The hotel then was absolutely shocking. It was meant to be 4*, and yet the room was horrendous. My bathroom did not work and neither did the AC. However it was nice going around Vancouver although I did not realise there were such strict drinking laws. Once our four days were up we went up to Whistler. By now we
were all very depressed with how the holiday had gone, however upon seeing the hotel we realised things could only get better. It was superb, compared to the last hotel. The next day after that we went zip-lining which was amazing.
After doing "Godzilla" at 60 mph with a 200ft drop I was amazed. However on the last line disaster happened. In the first time in the company's history someone was not harnessed up properly. The result was a man plummeted 60 feet and suffered a broken leg, so we were then held up for ages as he was taken away to hospital, I still don't know how he only suffered a broken leg, but the girl who was meant to have strapped him up was a wreck and you could see why he so easily could have died. The next day it was a day by the poolside for me while my dad and my brother went white water rafting, and my mum went shopping. However I fell asleep and woke up 2 hours later to find myself being burnt to a cinder.The resulting sun-burn meant that it was agony for any clothes to touch my body and I had to spend the rest of the holiday in bed.

So a pretty bad holiday which was capped off by the plane back being delayed by 2 hours.
At least I'm nicely relaxed :mad

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh pal, i feel for you, on the brightside, you can cut out using a hob to cook your eggs, just cook one on your burns ;)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ouch - quite why you were taken away for questioning for carrying a bottle of orange juice I don't know. No wonder burning cars are driven into terminals if they are worried about Asda Freshly Squeezed.

Everything else was a bit of a disaster - but falling asleep and being burnt to a crisp? That's your fault I'm afraid. ;)

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Geez, I understand why it was the holiday from hell! Canada? Why Canada?

Highlander999

ICC President
Ouch - quite why you were taken away for questioning for carrying a bottle of orange juice I don't know. No wonder burning cars are driven into terminals if they are worried about Asda Freshly Squeezed.

Yeah I was pretty surprised as well. The only thing I can put it down to was that they were still a bit nervous after the car incident and were being extra cautious.

And yeah I was to blame being burnt to a crisp but I never planned on falling asleep.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
(singing voice) Ohhh Canada, you make people fall 60 feet, ohhhhhhh Canada your Cabbies are bad drivers, ohhh Canada, why did you let poor Tom get burned?, ohhh Canada, Ohhhhh Canada your flag has a leave on it.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
(singing voice) Ohhh Canada, you make people fall 60 feet, ohhhhhhh Canada your Cabbies are bad drivers, ohhh Canada, why did you let poor Tom get burned?, ohhh Canada, Ohhhhh Canada your flag has a leave on it.

You know - I really don't think Tom has a problem with Canada itself. He said himself, it is a beautiful country with lovely people.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
ok I'll say the government? or maybe something else? like the sun?

sd92

International Coach
Unlucky with your holiday, at least you got home :p

cnbd_novice

International Coach
Ouch Tom! It sounds like you got the worst of Canada (however, you didn't have to face the Canadian winter, and although it is considered as a trademark factor, I never liked going to school in -41° Celcius cold).

One thing I have to ask you, why British Colmbia out of all the provinces? Most people would choose Ontario, and especially Toronto city, and I would encourage people to visit Toronto. Aside from being the largest city in Canada and world's most diverse city, Toronto's tourist attractions are incredible-the CN Tower, Niagara Falls, Toronto Eaton Centre, and many many more. I must admit, Toronto is one of the most magnificent place I have even lived in. It could've cut about 5 hours of your plane journey, plus you would've enjoyed the place a whole lot more.

By the way, do you remember the terrorist plot of carrying liquid-explosives on US bound planes? That resulted in the US and Canadian authorities banning carrying of liquids into flights. However, it does rise to a preposterous level at times, but I am not really sure if anything can be done about this.

Firstly I just have to say Canada is the most amazing country, and I have never met such a friendly nation of people, however everything I tell you is true no matter how fictional it sounds.

I whole-heartedly agree with you there. Out of all the places I have visited in the world, Canada can be classified as one of the best. And it's not that I am a born-Canadian either. ;)

To finish off this rant, I will echo Zohaib on what he stated:
Canada is a good place. You just need tons of time to explore it.
Indeed, Canada is a great place, and unfortunately, 3 years haven't been proven enough for me to explore even the slightest of the adundant beauty that it holds. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread