How are you doing in Cricket Coach 2009?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Thought I'd start a thread like this, seeing as we've got one for ICC, and now that CC is genuinely playable and good we can actually get somewhere on the game.

I started a new save as England today, as you have to with the new update, and I have to say, I've started pretty well. First Test against the Windies resulted in a comfortable 5 wicket win, with Adil Rashid standing in for the injured Swann taking a 5fer in the 2nd innings. I made one change to the line-up for the next game, with Ian Bell coming in for Ravi Bopara, and man did it boost the batting line-up. Here was the XI:

1. Strauss *
2. Cook
3. Bell
4. Pietersen
5. Bopara
6. Prior +
7. Flintoff
8. Broad
9. Rashid
10. Onions
11. Anderson

Started the Test with Gayle winning the toss and electing to bat first. We then got off to a flyer with the ball, with Onions picking up Gayle and Chanderpaul and then Jimmy getting Morton. Ramdin closely followed, but then Pollard and Sarwan managed to put on a big partnership, with Sarwan making a 90 and Pollard 104. As soon as they went though, the tail collapsed and they were bowled out for 257, Rashid picking up another 5fer. His 2nd in back to back innings.

Rashid's 5fer was going to be overshadowed by the batting though. When we were reduced to 87/3 with KP, Strauss and Cook in the hutch I was starting to get worried, but I had no reason to. Bell and Bopara proceeded to smash the Windies all round the park. They put on 193, with Bell eventually getting out for exactly 100. That Bell and Bopara partnership was then blown away by what followed. Ravi Bopara and Matthew Prior put on a phenomenal 399 in their partnership. Bopara finishing with 313 from 405 balls and Prior scoring 171 from 322 balls. Superb innings, especially from Bopara, I was hoping he'd make it to Lara's record, but it wasn't to be. Brilliance nonetheless.

Once we'd declared on 678/6 with West Indies over 400 behind, the match was already as good as decided. The openers put up a valiant fight, making 83 and 63 respectively, but once they got out it was all over. The wickets were shared round, with Onions, Anderson and Broad picking up 2 each and Freddie picking up 3fer. No 5 wicket haul for Rashid this time, but his 13 overs for 20 put pressure on the batsmen which led to wickets falling at the other end.

Unsurprisingly Ravi Bopara picked up the MOTM award for his 313, with England winning the series 2-0 =]. Awesome stuff. This game without the crashing is remarkably fun!

This has kinda made me want to start and England save! Damn you, Dan. I was gunna try to fly through a few season with Hants!

Start one, they're great fun, except for the T20 WC which still doesn't let you pick the XI you want :( Just beat Australia in the first Ashes Test as well =] Onions was quality, took 6/44 in the 2nd innings as we bowled them out for 88 when they were chasing 350odd. Dave Warner opened for Austraila though which was abit weird, I'd have thought Hughes should be rated higher with his FC and Test record, and the fact that he played the T20 WC in the game and was awesome, made an unbeaten ton in the Semi Final and another unbeaten 70 in the Final. Weird.

Before I ran out of trial runs due to crashes I'd just reached the World Twenty/20 and played my first match where KP smashed 180 from 60 balls. Completely smashed em around.

In the West Indies test series I won the first game comfortably put 300 odd on the board before Sidebottom steam rolled them with 4/15 from the first innings bowling them out for 150 odd. Bashed it around a bit in my second innings before putting them back into bat and Sidebottom took 3/22 and I thrashed them

I lost the second test though Gayle hit a century from 95 balls to win it in the second innings.

Won the ODI series though.

I can't get past 200 in a test match, or 250 in an ODI.

And I don't even bat on aggressive, I just leave it on normal?!

And Afridi and Kamran Akmal seem to always sky the ball while batting on ultra defensive. I can understan Afridi a little, but Kamran? And I have no idea which batting ability / rating is influencing that, but it's starting to upset me.

Test Matches are bugged I believe, loads of people complaining of extremely low scores. Run Rates throughout the game are way off to be honest.

I'm not complaining, Ravi hit 313 on his own, that's not low for me :D I did bowl Australia out for 120 and 84 in a Test though to be fair, the scores are a little off. There's not much more tweaking needed though tbh, just abit of database work and a few more small bugs, nothing major like there was on release day. I'm enjoying it.

As I said across at the Rockingham Software forums, I'm gunna get a chance to speak with Oli a little later today :)

So I shall be asking one or two question. I'm gunna be helping him out with the forums, maybe more, i dunno, so need to speak to him about a few things.

I'm not doing. Went to play the trial again before but the 1 day ran out, kinda lame.

Might buy this today.

ODIs & Tests seem to be a bit off- but is it enough to dramatically affect the averages of players?

Might buy this today.

ODIs & Tests seem to be a bit off- but is it enough to dramatically affect the averages of players?

I've just bought it, and it is a pretty solid game, granted there's a few bugs and what not but you know as-well as me, they'll be sorted out.

As I said across at the Rockingham Software forums, I'm gunna get a chance to speak with Oli a little later today :)

So I shall be asking one or two question. I'm gunna be helping him out with the forums, maybe more, i dunno, so need to speak to him about a few things.
Can you ask why my account went bye bye?

That should be question 1, question 2 can be about the game if you want :p

Users who are viewing this thread