How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

jacobfelix

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Do you ever play any other saves jacob, or do you only play that one?

After installing the game in March 2007, :D first I played as Pakistan & then SouthAfrica....then I shifted to Surrey and found domestic more interesting than International.

However, in between, also I had shifted to ICC III & ICC2008....but somewhat lost interest in those & returned back to my ICC06 Surrey save....

Dondogz

Club Cricketer
The awkward thing is that I have about 60 more posts in this thread :p

hedger - 187
Sureshot - 164
jacob - 117
Chewie - 108
CG123 - 97
What am I? :(

Been Playing the iPhone '11 version. Can't seem to stay interested with my NSW save. Having too pay my second team every game is balls.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Where it shows how many posts are in the thread, if you click on the number, it will show you who's posted how many posts.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Here's my New Zealand team on the 8th of November 2010. Fulton and Vettori are my back-up batsman and bowler respectively, so including the injured regen I have 12 players that I have to fit into 11 positions.

21177506.png

I'm ranked 1st in Tests and 1st equal in ODIs. Weekes and Sinclair are ranked 2nd and 3rd respectively in Test Batting, and Sinclair and McMillan are ranked 2nd and 5th respectively in ODI Batting. At one stage I was ranked 1st in both forms by myself, and at that time I had five of the top 7 or 8 Test batsmen in the world.

I've broken New Zealand's all-time highest score record twice, it's now 865 against Zimbabwe. I've also broken two all-time partnership records, McMillan and Astle made 286 for the 4th wicket the first I broke New Zealand's all-time highest score record, and Franklin and McCullum made 279 for the 7th wicket in the second time I broke the record.

My main goal atm is the 2011 World Cup, which would pretty much complete my resume after we lost in the semi-finals in 2007.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well I just beat your record in my first game :p

Purposely went for the record, chose 11 batsman on easy mode and managed 1000 :p

engq.jpg

And lol, I managed to bowl them out. Key with 4/57 and Morgan with 3/80.

banuj.jpg

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hahaha... thats crazy!

Imagine doing a whole tour of batsman chucked in with a few all rounders.

Would be interesting to see if you could bowl teams out twice in tests and just bat one big innings yourself per match.

O

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
In that 865 against Zimbabwe I declared once the Franklin - McCullum record partnership had been broken. I probably could have made 1000+ with three wickets still in hand (especially if I had been playing three more batsmen instead of bowlers), but I decided to go on and win the test match instead. IIRC I left myself like four sessions to bowl them out in their second innings.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
In my first match after I posted what I did above, Oram and McCullum made the 2nd highest partnership in New Zealand cricket history, making 427 for the sixth wicket. McCullum was finally dismissed for 196, and I declared the innings at that stage with Oram on 262 not out. The match was against South Africa, and we went on to win by an innings and a lot.

Since then I've had my worst run since the start of the game though. I drew the 2nd test with South Africa, before losing the ODI series 2 - 1, I lost the 3rd ODI by one run. I then drew 0 - 0 with Sri Lanka in a test series at home, before losing 2 - 1 to them in the ODI part of the tour.

We've now dropped down to 3rd in the ODI world rankings, and we're not looking so good for the upcoming World Cup. Oram opens the innings in ODIs, which allows me to play Lowther at six. The bowling has been a real problem though, which is probably because I only use the default fields.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The bowling has been a real problem though, which is probably because I only use the default fields.

I have this problem when bowling. Just cbf changing the field all the time... (I play on the iPhone).

jacobfelix

International Coach
The bowling has been a real problem though, which is probably because I only use the default fields

If you are really serious about playing this game...Dont stick to the default fields...lots of runs will leak through....especially that field setting where an entire leg side is empty....:p so its better you have your own field setting....after playing for quite some matches/seasons you have to recognize some common shots they play...so if you have a field set based on that...they will be cramped for runs...all this strategy comes from experience though. :p

of course, it need not be a success always...but 7 out of 10 games you will benefit from it....also some good bowlers should be there...

Last edited:

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Using the existing field, just remove a slip or two from the attacking fields. Put one at the often vacant gully region, and the other somewhere around midwicket I think it is.

lancashire666

International Coach
I have to change my slip fields around, Ive signed Sean Ervine for Lancashire, he automatically fields at 1st slip, but he drops catches like Australia drop spinners

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I used to make a couple of my own fields every now and then, but now like Hooper I cbf. I guess it makes it more realistic in a way just using the default fields, because that's all the AI uses.

Twiggy_87

School Cricketer
Got some brilliant stats to post up which may get English fans excited for the next decade.

James Taylor has absolutely dominated for me...he is the no.1 wicket taker in English test and ODI history, and has made over 10,000 test runs and the most runs by an Englishman in ODI's (over 7,000). Clearly the best cricketer to ever play at international level considering he will end up on 15,000 test runs and probably 700 test wickets!!!

Users who are viewing this thread