How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Online Cricket Games Owned
There are plenty of decent T20 allrounders, but the longer format is a whole different kettle of fish.

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Just because they bowl and bat as well as each other doesn't mean they are all-rounders
The 1990's England team had a lot of all rounders. They couldn't bat, couldn't bowl, and couldn't field. New Zealand and England used to have lots of bits-and-pieces cricketers but they seem to be a dying art in England.

madman981

Club Captain
does Mitchell Johnson qualify?

What about boom boom afridi?

stokes looks like a promising player

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Johnson averages 22 with the bat. It's less than Broad who's not an all rounder. Johnson is a bowler who bats.

Afridi hasn't played a test since 2010 and hasn't contributed with the bat twice in a series for years.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
all-round shite really

:lol

The Black Caps (I think they're called) are a pretty good team esp in 1 day and test mode. Unfortunately they don't have that many superstars like they did before but they still have Vettori (a good allrounder), Ross Taylor (excellent batsman) and Brendan McCullum (NZ's version of David Warner).

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Jadeja, Hafeez, or Shakib would be in with a fair shout for the best allrounder currently.

Or....

Gazi

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
I forgot about Shakib. I think he'd get into most international teams in the world. The other three I'm not too sure on. Hafeez doesn't bowl much in tests apart from some filler overs and Gazi and Jadeja need to work on their batting.

NoLeName

Yeah, I would say Shakib is the most complete allrounder in the world atm. Watson is becoming more of a batting allrounder because of his injuries and Stokes has only played four tests.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
the best thing is gaining skill points to mould your player the way you want him

whether you direct yourself to the greatest T20 batsman with aggression and big shots, or put your points into defence to become the next Great wall of Dravid in tests

Just to clarify, you won't be able to assign points earned during the career to a particular skill or area. Skills are automatically improved as you play, and I'm sure that only performing certain actions well will improve that actual skill. If you can't hook a ball, your player probably won't improve in hooking the ball.

NoLeName

Just to clarify, you won't be able to assign points earned during the career to a particular skill or area. Skills are automatically improved as you play, and I'm sure that only performing certain actions well will improve that actual skill. If you can't hook a ball, your player probably won't improve in hooking the ball.

He was referring to the NBA 2K method of getting skill points and assigning them to what you like and how that could be implemented in a cricket game. I personally prefer the system Big Ant have implemented though; the better you go the better you get. Seems fair

madman981

Club Captain
so wait, I have missed something then

so what is the purpose of earning skill points? what are they used for?

so you guys are telling me i need to continue to play an on drive to improve that area, or bowl outswingers to improve that area??

how do i improve footwork, or concentration etc etc.......

----------

He was referring to the NBA 2K method of getting skill points and assigning them to what you like and how that could be implemented in a cricket game. I personally prefer the system Big Ant have implemented though; the better you go the better you get. Seems fair

its the same the other way, the better you go, the more skill points you got to spend?

also, @bigant has anyone in the office played a sustained career for 20 years yet? whoever that lucky so and so was, how did he or she go?

The_Pharoah

International Coach
so wait, I have missed something then

so what is the purpose of earning skill points? what are they used for?

so you guys are telling me i need to continue to play an on drive to improve that area, or bowl outswingers to improve that area??

how do i improve footwork, or concentration etc etc.......

----------

its the same the other way, the better you go, the more skill points you got to spend?

Good point however I assumed you would gain experience/skill through constantly playing said shots - if you watch the career videos, you'll see a (+2 front foot shot) or something which means you have to keep practising it. I'm assuming all that matters is what you do in the game ie. practising in the nets (which normally allows you to increase your skill level at a certain shot, etc) probably won't matter. I'm also assuming the maximum you can get for a certain shot is say 9/10 - even Sachin Tendulka would nick cover drives from time to time so you can never get 10/10 surely. However the chances of you hitting a cover drive to the boundary will happen more often than not.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

OKP

Club Cricketer
:lol

The Black Caps (I think they're called) are a pretty good team esp in 1 day and test mode. Unfortunately they don't have that many superstars like they did before but they still have Vettori (a good allrounder), Ross Taylor (excellent batsman) and Brendan McCullum (NZ's version of David Warner).

More like Warner is an Aus version of McCullum. Been around 7 years longer.

Users who are viewing this thread