How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Also, are you able to play aggressively using 'Pro' cam? In my earlier innings, I have relied on placement alone (no power shots).

Am now able to grasp the importance of the sightscreen for the real life batsmen. :yes
@Ross - would be great if you could include slightly larger sightscreens (/ option to select the size of the sightscreen prior to the match) as sighting the ball off the spinner's hand gets quite difficult sometimes in 4 day matches (when using "Pro" cam) particularly with the well flighted deliveries.

Yeah, whenever I see no fielders in leg side or off side, I close my eyes and slog! :D But I am without any triggers most of the times, and able to play a lot of defensive strokes in test matches without any tension of getting caught behind.

D

Dutch

I will admit that i am not very good at this game but I do love it! In any other cricket game i have always had to invent my own parameters and restrictions to have good games: this is different, this is tense, gratifying, scratching around, blocking an end, reeling off some beautifull Ian Bell like cover drives and hoping that the spinners leave me alone today!

If you play decent, sensible proper cricket you slowly get rewards.

I have had so many brilliant tense momenst with this game. @Ross, and the rest of the guys and girls there
take a bow. Even without patch 2 on it this game is incredible. Can't wait for the patch to bring AI into balance.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Just finished my 5th year of career mode - having to play an entire county FC season on top of the already long Australian domestic is just brutal. Am I right in assuming that you still play all of the domestic fixtures even after you get national selection - in which case I wonder how I'll ever finish this career.

I topped the table with Surrey, but unlike the Australian domestic, no final and no acknowledgement of that. Considering how much effort it is, it's a bit disappointing and anti-climactic. I assume I was already in division one?

Summary image:
-

Being Very Close for test selection is the biggest achievement since making it to the county competition, was able to perform quite well if you ignore my batting.

County championship in real life has no final but would still be nice to have some acknowledgment in game.

Marty363

School Cricketer
Had another form slump, just not concentrating I guess, then last night played a good knock to get my first 50 in a few games, next over, 22 off it, sweet now I'm well on my way. Get to 95, go to play a leg glance to an off spinner on the leg stump, it goes straight, QUICKLY!!! LBW on 95 :-( So devastating.

I hit a quick 67 off 28 balls in my t20 comp to get a MOTM award, and getting attention from English t20 and the T20I comps.

Professor4

School Cricketer
Just got the game and started a career as an allrounder batting at 7. Bowling seems easy so far , averaging around 7 with the ball.
But cant seem to score any runs with the bat, I average only 3 with bat with the highest of 12 runs.hopefully batting will get easier with more practice.

laxsidd

Club Captain
I will admit that i am not very good at this game but I do love it! In any other cricket game i have always had to invent my own parameters and restrictions to have good games: this is different, this is tense, gratifying, scratching around, blocking an end, reeling off some beautifull Ian Bell like cover drives and hoping that the spinners leave me alone today!

If you play decent, sensible proper cricket you slowly get rewards.

I have had so many brilliant tense momenst with this game. @Ross, and the rest of the guys and girls there
take a bow. Even without patch 2 on it this game is incredible. Can't wait for the patch to bring AI into balance.

+1 on this... The game is amazing even without patch 2. Super thanks @BigAntStudios..

Part of my elation is because I had just managed to complete a Maxwell-esque English T20 last evening - 10 matches 600 runs 66.66 average 2 tons 2 fifties 222 strike rate 125* HS. This was after having a poor 4 day season & mediocre one day season. Selection status for Australia T20 went from "Getting Attention" to "Expecting Selection".

However couldn't change my team's fortune - Glamorgan ended up at the bottom. Guess the players in this team had been programmed to undo my good work as all of them had an exceptionally poor tournament.

P.S. Played this on Far Batsman camera as I found getting quick runs difficult using Pro cam.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Had a very tensed match in my last OD. Was so comfortable while making century from around 80 balls with continuous rotation of strikes but, I made a mistake of trying to make a contact with ball early and I was bowled! DAMN! It was around 30th over that I got dismissed and we ended up with around 260+ only.

While bowling, I was brought only in last 6 overs of the innings where we were in position of defending around 31 runs from 36 balls. My first over was very poor with giving away 8 runs but however in my second over - I ended up taking 3 wickets:eek: with a nail biting finish in terms of wickets Vs runs to get for AI. Bowling in end overs is an adventurous fun!

Continuing my next FC match, just cannot believe the atmosphere of the stadium(very dark clouds + flood lights - opposite of how it looked earlier in day without rain) which I am playing. Got interrupted by heavy rain earlier around lunch time & I saved and quit the game. When I resumed it few minutes back, VOILA! Just got amazed by the atmosphere with flood lights ON for a test match, WOW. Continuing in my pro-cam still and my first ball after resuming was a 151m SIX. :eek:

Currently on 50*(31) balls with around 30 runs coming in last 10 deliveries. As much as I want to enjoy and play the defensive strokes, current ground condition might get me out as it is tempting me to stay on very aggressive mode.

Gentoras

International Cricketer
Finally!!! I got my first century in career mode and for S.A test side, rewarding against spin (Pakistan)...

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
My career has begun. I'm a number 4 batsman wearing #24 for Surrey that bowls part-time off-spin. Can you see the inspiration?

Won our first FC game, mainly thanks to Graeme Smith scoring 2 tons. I managed 4 in both innings, both pretty soft dismissals. Then played an OD game and decided to be a bit more aggressive. Hit 2 fours off my first 2 balls, ran a two 3rd ball, then decided to be careful and block the next. Ball comes from round the wicket across me, go to defend, and knick off to slip for 10. Pretty annoying, but quite cool to genuinely edge the ball in a game.

Then, just now, batting against Sussex in the CC. Begin putting together a tasty innings, get to 10, and then like a moron, run myself out. So stupid. I've got it in me to score runs, just need to stop chucking my wicket away. I suppose I'm replicating 2014 KP at age 16, hopefully we'll play his career in reverse, and get closer to 2005 KP in a few years!

----------

Boom. Have that James Anyon. Just smashed him for 3 fours in 4 balls to move to 31 off 26 in a FC game. Then, a miracle, a dropped catch. I've been dominating on the leg-side (again, see the connection?), and they very cleverly put a fielder at shortish square leg. Fielder made a cracking dive to get there, but put it down. Moves me to 32*, and I'm eying up more Anyon pies and a maiden 50 in my 2nd FC game.

----------

Buggered it up. Run out for 42. :(

D

Dutch

My career has begun. I'm a number 4 batsman wearing #24 for Surrey that bowls part-time off-spin. Can you see the inspiration?

Won our first FC game, mainly thanks to Graeme Smith scoring 2 tons. I managed 4 in both innings, both pretty soft dismissals. Then played an OD game and decided to be a bit more aggressive. Hit 2 fours off my first 2 balls, ran a two 3rd ball, then decided to be careful and block the next. Ball comes from round the wicket across me, go to defend, and knick off to slip for 10. Pretty annoying, but quite cool to genuinely edge the ball in a game.

Then, just now, batting against Sussex in the CC. Begin putting together a tasty innings, get to 10, and then like a moron, run myself out. So stupid. I've got it in me to score runs, just need to stop chucking my wicket away. I suppose I'm replicating 2014 KP at age 16, hopefully we'll play his career in reverse, and get closer to 2005 KP in a few years!

----------

Boom. Have that James Anyon. Just smashed him for 3 fours in 4 balls to move to 31 off 26 in a FC game. Then, a miracle, a dropped catch. I've been dominating on the leg-side (again, see the connection?), and they very cleverly put a fielder at shortish square leg. Fielder made a cracking dive to get there, but put it down. Moves me to 32*, and I'm eying up more Anyon pies and a maiden 50 in my 2nd FC game.

----------

Buggered it up. Run out for 42. :(

Yeah after a while you stop getting out by rash things and start getting out by proper cricket dismissals: going for the wrong ball, wrong footwork, not rotating the strike enough etcetera. It is very, very absorbing!

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
First season in career mode, 175 wkts in first class for Middlesex winning the county championship, got offers from NSW blues, SA redbacks and Victoria bushrangers, went for the Vics, first game, 51 with the bat and 11/66!! Very happy with the debut, wish I'd selected a higher batting no than 10 now though, pity you can't move up the order! Very close to test selection.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
After a run of low scores, a couple of ducks, and getting worked over by Gurney in my last FC game, I've finally put in a performance that's meant something. Led us to victory over Scotland. Smith and Burns did the hard work, but I got us over the line with 28* off 25 to win by 5 wickets. Nice little average booster :)

AL_Amin

Club Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Scored 23, 101 and 17 against Pakistan in a ODi series against Pakistan. Bangladesh won the Series 2-1. I have been also made the Captain of Worcestershire P40 overs side immediately after.

----------

If you thought Pro dificulty was hard enough, wait till you play a Career match on Legend. I wasn't happy getting out on 23 In The 1st ODI so I practiced for almost a day on Legend in Casual Matches before I made myself into the 2nd ODI in Career. Never played an aggressive shot before reaching hundred.

IsaacCricketer

Club Captain
just finished second season and finished leading run scorer in IPL for the Sunrisers Hyderabad. Started the new year and instantly picked for Pakistan Test side in which i am currently 35*. Level 3 Helmet now for batting :)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I thought I was pretty good at playing spin but I made a note of my dismissals and they are about 90% to spinners and about 80% caught behind.
The latter prob caused by premeditating footwork too much.

Users who are viewing this thread