How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Deepushah

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
quick question.. if you become captain of a team can u decide the field settings and the bowling order or change a bowler or its just the same thing with just the addition to be able to pick the team?

acrcmb

School Cricketer
I just started my 2nd and became captain of my domestic 50 over and test teams and as far as I can tell you can't do anything except the coin toss, I do simulate most fielding though but I've never seen any bowler/field selection or lineup changing options, could be wrong though I haven't been captain for long, also I weirdly got given the 50 over captaincy a few matchs into the year so thats obviously possible.

On another note has anybody else had to ruin their batting avg by throwing away their wickets to get a result in a test? alot of times my domestic team has built a huge lead (500+) but they will never declare so when I go out I have to play recklessly to get out quickly so we actually have time to bowl the other team out. My team will literally bat through to the end of the last day with a huge lead and never even put the other team in. My teams not even that good at batting they get normal scores our bowling is just really good so we get alot of teams out for like 150 runs.

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
On another note has anybody else had to ruin their batting avg by throwing away their wickets to get a result in a test? alot of times my domestic team has built a huge lead (500+) but they will never declare so when I go out I have to play recklessly to get out quickly so we actually have time to bowl the other team out.

My average isn't good enough that I can afford to do this. The times that wrinkle my forehead are when my captain doesn't enforce the follow-on.

Geez, dude, we're 300 in front. Why are we batting?

I just treat those situations as batting practise, tbh. The captain has clearly said "no way we're going to get a result here, go out and have some fun"

mixz0r

Club Captain
I just started my 2nd and became captain of my domestic 50 over and test teams and as far as I can tell you can't do anything except the coin toss, I do simulate most fielding though but I've never seen any bowler/field selection or lineup changing options, could be wrong though

Yeah, you are wrong! I also just became captain of my domestic teams at the start of my second year. You can select the next bowler (right on d-pad) at the start of an over. This is great for us all-rounders / bowlers who are often robbed of overs!

You can change the field at any time too, but obviously you need to be fielding, not silmuating (I generally simulate too).

You can also choose the next batsman, but I can't get it to work. I bat at 6, so I simulate until the 3rd wicket has fallen, go in to the game and choose the batsman after me. I'm trying to move myself down the order in a shield match. I then simulate again until the next wicket falls, but it still brings me in at 6.

Has anyone been able to move themselves in the batting order?

jovey

School Cricketer
Yeah, you are wrong! I also just became captain of my domestic teams at the start of my second year. You can select the next bowler (right on d-pad) at the start of an over. This is great for us all-rounders / bowlers who are often robbed of overs!

You can change the field at any time too, but obviously you need to be fielding, not silmuating (I generally simulate too).

You can also choose the next batsman, but I can't get it to work. I bat at 6, so I simulate until the 3rd wicket has fallen, go in to the game and choose the batsman after me. I'm trying to move myself down the order in a shield match. I then simulate again until the next wicket falls, but it still brings me in at 6.

Has anyone been able to move themselves in the batting order?

Yes, the problem is you won't be able to simulate if you want to change the batting order, you'll have to watch that last batsman get out and then you'll be able to.. I was able to move myself up from 5th to 3rd.

acrcmb

School Cricketer
Oh that's great you can choose the next bowler, i'm also an all rounder and experienced those ridiculous bowler choices, one time i took 9 wickets in the first innings and was only used at the very end of the second innings to take the last wicket, I just had to watch as they scored a heap of runs.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Just started my second year. My last 8 or so matches in my first year passed in a blur.. I was getting sick of my stupid dismissals.. our team had come last in the 50 over and 4 day formats (T20 side tied the final but lost on countback, but that was before my end of season slump). One match I even tried a premeditated slog for 6 but got caught in the outfield.. I just didn't care.

Came into the next season with no change to my outlook, only had 3,000 odd career points (yes, that is not a typo.. 3,000). Now about 3 or 4 matches in with a fairly decent average (guessing it's about 20 or 30), already had a mid 40 score when I got out first ball after having a 30 minute break due to daughter distraction.. forgot the speed of the bowler facing the first ball in the middle of an over and scooped it to a fielder on the ring. Been real patient and structured with my play and scoring better. Really going to make an effort to not loose stupid wickets (still getting the occaional eye rolling runout).

I think you should wait for patch#2 and then play maybe you will be able to score well then...As for your batting I would advice to play practice match for some time definitely improves ...Try playing the shots that you are finding difficult to execute....:thumbs

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
An observation from viewing this thread is that because of no regens or world cup competitions etc the main aims of career mode is playing internationally and captaining your domestic and international sides

However *most* people are achieving these goals in their second or third years. For these people wheres the challenge/incentive to play the remaining 15 or so years of career?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Felt I wasn't really going anywhere, so I started a new career, currently halfway through the first year. Doing okay so far,
bsqnTmV.jpg

BlackDevil

School Cricketer
How exactly the skill bar works though? like how many +1 and +2 or 3s fills up one damn bar?

mixz0r

Club Captain
Felt I wasn't really going anywhere, so I started a new career, currently halfway through the first year. Doing okay so far,

I can see from your ranking points it's your first year. But how are you 31 and on HL4?

Can you re-import your career player?

Edit: I've been duped, haven't I.

How do you get such crisp screen grabs?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread