How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@RoughSoul :Waiting for your videos...:spy
starting right now will upload in 2 hours, any suggestion for video compression tools.
a 10 minute video of bandicam is around 500 mb and thats going to take some time to upload on my "broadband connection":facepalm

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I just made a really stupid move in my 2nd match as a captain (bowling AR).

We're batting ridiculously well these days so I bat first and we put up 550 runs in 4 sessions and declare. The opposition (Derbyshire) play on forever and are 360/8. Ok, no follow on but I'd really like to bowl them out soon since it's halfway through the 3rd day. I instinctively hit Simulate to Career after I bowl an over and the game takes me through the rest of the opposition's innings and then well into the 3rd innings until I come in to bat (I bat with 4 down). I find that we already have a 450 run lead, which is great, but we're already in the first session of the fourth day (I hadn't realized how far into it yet).

Whoops. So I declare right away and while I usually bowl with an older ball, I decide to take the second over myself. We took a wicket in the 1st over, I bowl a good 2nd over, aaaaand it's lunch! Shit.

I now have 60 overs to bowl out 9 batsmen including Chanderpaul on a pretty flat pitch or risk looking like an idiot.

indiancricket

School Cricketer
i started my career as a 16 yrs old batsman. i was playing good in starting but when my difficulty changed to pro i cant even hit a single ball cant defend the ball every time bowled or lbw. i don't know how to fix it.any suggestions?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i started my career as a 16 yrs old batsman. i was playing good in starting but when my difficulty changed to pro i cant even hit a single ball cant defend the ball every time bowled or lbw. i don't know how to fix it.any suggestions?

If you can't even play a defensive shot on pro, my suggestion would be to open your eyes and lose the boxing gloves.

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Left Analogue Stick for footwork. It's not necessary in Amateur, but is necessary in Pro

*edit* Just thought I should mention that I've seen the above statement by other people, so I've repeated it - but I just tried starting an Amateur level career, and footwork IS required.

Your problem might be because bowlers in Amateur always bowl the same speed, and/or that the footwork is trickier in Pro - that is, Amateur just has forward/back, Pro needs you to move more towards the pitch of the ball.

And, even in amateur, I've just had my boy step across when I was pushing straight forward, and ended up LBW ...

Last edited:

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Was out for 99 tonight, 1st time I've been out for 99, was gutted, it was the shield final aswell and we won (Victoria) it but it would have been a great end to the campaign, also won the 50 over cup too to go with being county championship winners and pro 40 winners! Have been top wicket taker in all formats, current top of league in IPL with RCB and waiting for my first international game although it can't be far away as I'm down as a regular member in all.

Would love it if in future versions there's a trophy cabinet.

Users who are viewing this thread