I don't get it!

India51A

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just don't get this game. Don't get me wrong, I think it has great potential, but I think they have made it too hard to play even on EASY!

I spent lots of time in the nets, hitting almost every ball, getting good remarks about timing etc. I then go to Exhibition Mode, select Easy difficulty and I get bowled all out for 2! This happens every game I play. I can hardly hit a ball, when I do it goes straight to a fielder 99% of the time. The oposition bowlers get 2 special balls every damn over, it's ridiculous, I just can't get anywhere near a score1

Someone told me what the Shot Placement feature is, and how to use it, but what does it do? I have no idea, what's more, I haven't seen any manual for this game. It would be handy to have at least an online manual to look at!

It's a real shame, because I feel like kicking this game into touch, but it has so much potential I'm loathe to do that. But it's no fun if I can't get my batting side into double figures!

P

pcfan123

The learning curve is a lot tougher than most games. That's not to say its as impossible as you are making it sound.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
:p

Try this. Play down+down on every ball. you will get in double figures.

It takes 10 overs for batsman to really start play attacking shots at will.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
100% agree with you. each and every word.
although i can slog like crazy on EASY mode. got 47/1 in 5 overs ! :p
but if i stick with ground shots, i wont even cross 10.

somehow am not able to figure out this game. you cant play a square drive,
you cant play a leg glance and the tremendous difficulty in piercing the in-field is just frustrating.

then comes the bowling....the main flaw is the batsman adjusting to the marker even before he finishes his run-up.
its just unrealistic !!

and it irritates me even more since this game has massive potential.

or may be its something wrong from my end ?

personally, Hard and challenging is good...its healthy, but you also want the EASY mode to be well......EASY !!!

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
There is no issue to be fixed. You are fed on AC09 and EA games.

P

pcfan123

Sid what are you on about mate.

No doubt CR is good, but AC09 destroys it completely in my books. The lack of 360 batting is just too obsolete for a modern game.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
There is no issue to be fixed. You are fed on AC09 and EA games.

its completely Plausible if your talking about the difficulty. since the previous games have been so easy.....
we are finding this one harder than its intended to be ?

but you have no excuse for the lack of shots.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Post me request. I will post video of the shot. Cannot do anything about back foot shots missing in game.

hell15

School Cricketer

then comes the bowling....the main flaw is the batsman adjusting to the marker even before he finishes his run-up.
its just unrealistic !!

Very annoying, bowling well outside off stump with lots of fielders on the off side only to see the ai batsmen move all the way across and play the ball to the leg side :mad:

The game does have a lot of potential though, all games have their issues... hopefully they'll continue to work on improving it.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The timing and positioning of batsman is very crucial in this game

It comes with practice. Once you get it right the game is a cake

Even without the 360 batting support its not hard to find the gap. Hmarka is right and learning curve is steep in this game. Its not as easy as pick up and play

India51A

School Cricketer
Thanks for the link to the manual, it was an interesting read to say the least!

Another thing about this game that needs nerfing is the computer fielders throwing accuracy. When throwing at the stumps, 99 times out of a hundred they hit the wickets, even with only one stump to aim at. That just isn't real!

D

Dutch

I personally enjoy the fact that I cannot become a world class international cricketer within 34 secoonds of picking up a game. This one certainly makes you earn that right, which I for one enjoy. I like playing this game and Ashes 09. They both have something different to offer and both of them are not perfect. The perfect game will be unattainable: why? Because we humans are forever dissatisfied with what we have. My motto? Get out of it what you can or get out of it!:)

Tacrolimus

School Cricketer
AC09 is very poor - I lost interest early and the patch didn't make it much better - now uninstalled and on the shelf unlike the Brian Lara games which I stuck with - at least this has longer-term potential - AC09 hasn't - in my view

Users who are viewing this thread