ICC 3 Strategies

sid_19840

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
What sort of strategies do you like to play or you think work for you in the game?

From my short experience,this is what Ive been doing so far.

Tests-While batting Im pretty quiet to start of with(1-2 bars) and then as experience increases I gradually move to 5 bars till Im 100 and 6 if Im more than 100.I go max only if Im looking to declare or win with wickets in hand.For bowling I start off with an reasonably agressive field and bowler and then play according to the batters success or failure.Im very particular in giving more overs to the type of bowler the pitch assists.

ODI's-I usually start off with an agressive batter with almost 6-7 bars and a normal batter.I try using max agression most of the times when power play is on.In the middle overs I base my strategy as flexible based on the situation.And pretty much when Ive got 5-6 plus wickets I go max agression in the final ten.As for bowling I start with the least agressive field during the start(2nd frm left) and then attack with my prime bowlers.Im usually looking at powerplays with pace unless the pitch favours spinners.

Ive not had enough T20 experience yet to put up a strat.

Would love to hear how you guys play the game and if youve found out things that work for you.:)

PhilD123

International Coach
ODI's - Unlike in ICC06, it seems to be harder to get off to a mega quick start. Therefore I found it a big, big advantage to keep wickets in hand for the last 10 overs. Really works well.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
ODIs - Keep one of my opening batsmen on 4 bars throughout and have the others blast around him. Haven't lost and ODI yet. :)

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
I just pray to God and hope my strategy is okay! :D
LOL, after 5 games I remember the PowerPlay, so I had not used the PowerPlay properly for 5 games, it just happened automatically...

But is there T20 WC in the game? Or many T20 games? In ICC06 it was only T20 when another team was touring England...

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
Oh, last game against Zimbabwe series ODI. RR was 7 and it was the opening partnership almost reaching 200. Akmal on 100* & Butt in his 90*
I turned off the game to go get something to eat, put it back on and my trial has expired! :crying
So heck, I went to Play.com and ordered it straight away! =P
Hm... A good way this is by the creators, I was 100% sure not to buy PC version and only PSP. But now I have to wait a couple of weeks before I get it! :crying

sid_19840

International Coach
yea good question is there a 20/20 world cup???

I couldnt spot one in the trial.After the India tour of England,it just went to tours of Zim and Aus in December,so there wasnt any T20 World Cup.Funnily I couldnt even get a T20 Warm Up game or Internationals during any tours.

unclegeorge

School Cricketer
i just scored 400+ in odi as india and that was starting with about 5bars then putting it on full sehwag got 195 and dhoni got 120 , so it wasnt a bad opening partenship

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
yea scorin =g runs fast is easier par scores are usually 275-325 wid england on normal agisnt good team
how do u bowl though any tips on getting test and ODI wickets

Users who are viewing this thread