ICC for final year project.

jewelthief

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am thinking of making this game or some part of it for final year project in bachelors.
I dont know if it is that easy but i'll try.The part which i am going to consult with you people is player management and attributes of players. i.e. you can tell me what important factors can influece a player innings or game in ground.

In this format:

Current form ?%
Technique ?%
Talent ?%
Career Performance ?%
Weather and Pitch conditions ?%
Opposition Strength ?%
or Just a Bad day ?%
----
100%

You can add anything if you want to.

Any help would be appriciated.

lol, this will be the king of all final projects, wish i had thought of it.

Current form - 21%
Technique - 6% (i presume you mean if a player is aggressive, very aggressive, denfensive etc)
talent - 11%
Career performance - 6%
Weather and pitch - 14%
Opposition - 12%
Bad day - 5%
game aggression - 25% (if you have someone set to x.aggressive they will obviously get out sooner)

i think that form and the game setting are extremely important, however the game aggression changes depending on the form of cricket your playing.
technique isn't really important, Alastair Cook has a very denfensive technique but still scores piles of runs for me.
talent is a important part, very bad players wont make take many wickets in the ashes. opposition is a factor but weather and pitch is very important, especially for bowlers.

im sure many people will now post disagreeing with me, but this is my take on the game.

thanks for your reponse lancashire666.

I will atleast try to produce realistic match results in this project if not the whole features of the game but i think empire interactive have missed a lot of common things which could be easily added for little work. e.g. career strike rates.

I would suggest talent and technique be seperate from aggression, as in my mind it is the talent and technique that mostly defines how successful a player will be. Because a player with all the talent in the world but no technique may well get found out by quality bowlers, whilst a player with all the technique in the world but no natural talent can only go so far. Through training you could obviously up their technique, but never their talent. Also looking at that, the aggression of a player would have little baring except on how quickly they then looked to score their runs. Not sure about the percentages, that's just my 2 cents though.

Users who are viewing this thread