India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I don't see the point in replying to such posts Will_NA.

England would be a better team no doubts, if they had Flintoff, Hoggard at their service. Tremlett, Anderson and Sidebottom are pretty good...the first two lost their line/length just today. They just didn't make the batsmen play more and when they did, they were long-hops or half-volleys.

England can still go on to save this game but India will have different thoughts.

Panesar didn;t deserve 2 wickets. He was poor. Typical, gets a few tailenders.

Anyway, thats some pretty damn good batting by the India tail. England really are out of it now. Especially with Khans break. Series to India! woot.

Funny how all the England fans have one bitter and are using the whole injury excuse.

Anyway, thats some pretty damn good batting by the India tail. England really are out of it now. Especially with Khans break. Series to India! woot.

Funny how all the England fans have one bitter and are using the whole injury excuse.

How is it typical that he gets tailenders? :rolleyes:

He's got the likes of Inzy, Tendulkar and many other class batsmen out

England would be a better team no doubts, if they had Flintoff, Hoggard at their service. Tremlett, Anderson and Sidebottom are pretty good...the first two lost their line/length just today. They just didn't make the batsmen play more and when they did, they were long-hops or half-volleys.

As I've said all along I don't consider the loss of our best bowlers to be an excuse, I just want to a/ get into why it keeps on happening and b/ lament the fact that what could have been a superb series is going to be a relatively easy 2-0 win for India.
That said I don't believe JA to be a test bowler and, whilst I see Tremlett as a good prospect for the future, he's not there quite yet. Add in England's poor catching and it's totally understandable why heads went down and the bowlers lost their line/length etc.

he bowled well, but was overshadowed by a brilliant batting display by india :)

Panesar bowled on a flat pitch with Indians batting against him so it was tough to get wickets for him.

I'm getting rather annoyed with the attitude of a few people posting in this thread. I'm not naming any names, I'm sure those who are arguing rather than discussing know who they are.

This is your first and only warning to calm down. If I see a post from anyone which is overly argumentative, that person will be put on mod-preview for the cricket chat forum, meaning that your posts will have to be approved by a moderator before being seen on the forum. I'm sure none of you want that, so calm down.

i just got back from the oval and i have to say the indians were class. Yes, we were poor, but Kumble deserved his hundred

its very hard 2 enjoy cricket when your team is getting trampled all over

If somebody matters about it: if India wins this match then England and India will both have 109 points, with England marginally above India. Basically the numbers two till seven of the Test rankings will be within 10 points difference of each other. In other words these countries are quite competitive with each other.

All the England fans? A few are. It's a fair point but it's not an excuse because the guys out there are our current attack and just haven't been good enough (barring Sidebottom, how he has only go two wickets in the last 2 tests is amazing). The Indians have been excellent these last two games, they want to win this series, I put more blame on the batsman than our bowlers though. I wouldn't say Panesar was poor, he was just on a pitch not suited for finger spin. He wasn't great, but he will struggle to impress against the Indians on a pitch like that. A bowler like Monty will get tailenders because he often bowls at tailenders because he gets them out, unlike his quick partners. It may only be the tailenders, but the wickets of tailenders is an important part of the game (look at how many runs they got today).

I've been very disappointed with England, I want the batsman to fight tomorrow. Bell and Colly have a lot to prove, I've given up on Strauss though. In a way I'm looking forward to the ODI series, India will be on a high we will be on a low, but we get Fred back, Ravi too, should he play I think he'll be a success.

Onto the bowling injury 'excuse' it is used by some, it deserves a mention because it does have an impact, you can doubt the effect of Harmy and Jones but not that of Hoggard and Flintoff, we know they'd have had an impact. Harmison? Well he showed signs of improvement whilst working with AD, in the last test he did quite well. He took 15 wickets in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th tests, a decent return, yes he wasn't on song, but he did improve. Jones? We have to forget about him, he's not played in two years! And has had another setback, his England career atm shouldn't be considered for A) Selection or B) as a discussion point as to why we haven't been as good. Against India you have to have your best bowlers, you'd certainly include Hoggy and Flintoff in that, surely?

Tomorrow, I expect us to bat out the day, with a hundred from either Cook or Vaughan. Kumble to play a role.

Users who are viewing this thread