India in England Jun-Sept 2014

PokerAce

Banned
Did Cook hit his head again...Anderson better then Steyn:facepalm

Steyn 75 matches 383 wickets @22.56 strikerate 41.7(best by any bowler with over 200 wickets in the history)

Anderson 98 matches 376 wickets @ 29.86 strikerate of 58.4

Jimmy Anderson is ‘the world’s most skilful bowler’, says Alastair Cook | Sport | The Guardian
[DOUBLEPOST=1408091865][/DOUBLEPOST]

A point I have long been making here !

On a side note
Guys whats the update on Imran Khan, hrd he was fired upon in Pakistan during a political protest.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm confused as to why Broad is being allowed to play in this match. I think we need to look further ahead to the World Cup & The Ashes and immediately start fixing up his knee, it's not like we don't have a decent crop of seamers to come in and take his place.

Plus, it's only India :p
The operation will only take about 3 months to recover from. Yesterday it was 6 months to the day until the first World Cup game so he will be fine.

PokerAce

Banned
I hear its raining in London and could rain a while, so thts in all likelihood a delayed start, and lets hope when play starts India are not Batting first. With all the moisture around India would be looking at another 5 wicket falling session

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I hear its raining in London and could rain a while, so thts in all likelihood a delayed start, and lets hope when play starts India are not Batting first. With all the moisture around India would be looking at another 5 wicket falling session
On the TV coverage they said it is not raining at the moment. They have had a hell of a lot of rain this week in that area though so maybe the outfield will be too wet for an 11am start.

PokerAce

Banned
On the TV coverage they said it is not raining at the moment. They have had a hell of a lot of rain this week in that area though so maybe the outfield will be too wet for an 11am start.

Yeah I too just saw a tweet of some of the covers being removed. Lets hope its not too much off a delay. Also lets hope Eng Bat First on the wet pitch. I mean apart from anything else, if India bat first on a moist pitch with overcast skies, the test will be over in the first session.

PokerAce

Banned
Yeah seeing live pictures on TV the pitch is not covered so thats great, and I hrd something about a 15 min delay for the toss. So thats not that big a delay.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Alright! A last chance to save face for India. Given Cook's methods, pretty sure England will be playing defensively. I'd love to see that backfire.

PokerAce

Banned
Right England bowl first, looking at trouble for India[DOUBLEPOST=1408097070][/DOUBLEPOST]Also Gambhir playing is a dodgy decision

Lebanna

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Alright! A last chance to save face for India. Given Cook's methods, pretty sure England will be playing defensively. I'd love to see that backfire.

Hmm I would have said that on the evidence of the last few weeks his decisions have been far more positive (not aggressive or "funky" but positive). Things like the 2nd innings at the Ageas + declaration are a sign that while he might not be the most tactically innovative captain, he is at least pushing England towards a more positive and interesting cricket that we haven't seen in a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread