India in the West Indies

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
dizzy92 said:
i'm gonna have to go for the windies in this series

Yeh me too.

although the windies have been struggling of late they do have the manpower to match and beat India...and the fact its being played in the Caribbean gives them the edge i feel.

watch out for Dwayne Bravo...second best all rounder in world cricket imo

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
cricket_lover said:
Well, who told you that he did not bowl well? He was the leading wicket taker, even on placid pitches in pakistan...for the test series. Not even Pathan or Kumble came close.

Test matches are different to ODI's, if u don't do well in ODI's, you don't deserve to play in ODI's...it has nothing to do with your test performance.

Zaheer picked couple of 5 wic. hauls so far, with his moderate pace. The problem is, he has to play for a while to regain his pace...playing in domestic cricket and practicing in nets won't do the trick.

If he isn't fit...he wouldn't pick up that many wickets in county so far....

Zaheer is fat.
Ever see him running, shames inzy. :p

As fo his ability, he lost his place to Irfan, who also being a better bowler than him, is a great all rounder.

And one thing that goes with Indian cricket, U don't get a chance again.If u miss the opportunity, say bye-bye to Indian cricket.

viral1991

International Cricketer
Some of these comments suggest that India is not going to do well in the forth coming series against West Indies. If we just look at the ODIs, the last time India traveled to West Indies in 2002 India won the series 2-1. West Indies had a good team at that time with Hooper as the captain, with Lara, Gayle and others. West Indies have been struggling since then whereas India as a team has improved in all departments in the one day games. India is 3rd in ICC ODI rankings whereas West Indies is in the 8th place. So I do not know why there is so much pessimism. India may miss Tendulkar and also in the young team for players who have not stayed outside the country for long it would be a new experience. But this is what they will be facing during the World Cup and so should be a good learning experience. There could be a few hiccups but still India should do well.

I think you took me wrongly, I was saying that the Windies can win against India, they have such players, but not consistency! Therefore, I am not being pessimistic of India's chances, but I was just talking about the Windies' chances! :)

Also, I think Zaheer bowled well in the Pakistan series, but he seriously needs to get more pace if he wants to play in this team!

dizzy92

School Cricketer
genghis_khan said:
Yeh me too.

although the windies have been struggling of late they do have the manpower to match and beat India...and the fact its being played in the Caribbean gives them the edge i feel.

i think it was the match in tasmania or adeliade?man was he on fire, he got the whole team pumped through his fielding, certainley a player of the future for the windies

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
blackleopard92 said:
Zaheer is fat.
Ever see him running, shames inzy. :p

As fo his ability, he lost his place to Irfan, who also being a better bowler than him, is a great all rounder.

And one thing that goes with Indian cricket, U don't get a chance again.If u miss the opportunity, say bye-bye to Indian cricket.
hehe, you've got great ideals mate. I wonder why Dravid, Ponting, Lara, even Tendulkar are still playing? :rolleyes:

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
cricket_lover said:
hehe, you've got great ideals mate. I wonder why Dravid, Ponting, Lara, even Tendulkar are still playing? :rolleyes:

Dravid, Ponting, Lara, even Tendulkar are still playing because they have much more talent/better fittness/sucess levels than Zaheer.
Secondly, they have been performing unlike Zaheer, who didn't perform in his last days.

And as for famous personalities who didn't perform, u know who I am talkin about.They too went Zaheer way.

James219

International Cricketer
dizzy92 said:
i think it was the match in tasmania or adeliade?man was he on fire, he got the whole team pumped through his fielding, certainley a player of the future for the windies

Yep, I think you're referring to the 3rd Test at the Adelaide Oval, where he took 6-fer, scored a half century and had amazing energy in the field. That's a worrying factor for India; if they are unable to negate his influence early on, he can really establish himself in all aspects, impose himself upon the game and almost dictate it. He injects belief and enthusiasm in the WI camp with his attitude alone, has talent with the bat poses a threat and has a very creative mind with the ball. Together with a home crowd behind the them, this series should prove to be pretty decent. I'm supporting the Windies, by the way :p

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
blackleopard92 said:
Dravid, Ponting, Lara, even Tendulkar are still playing because they have much more talent/better fittness/sucess levels than Zaheer.
Secondly, they have been performing unlike Zaheer, who didn't perform in his last days.

And as for famous personalities who didn't perform, u know who I am talkin about.They too went Zaheer way.
Warne was not a great player at the beginning. What can you write-off about Khan. Khan performed well in test series, picked up 11 or 13 wickets, highest in the test series.

Anyway, i would not like to continue this argument anymore.

The bottom line is, if performance is what BCCI wants, then Khan has it.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
cricket_lover said:
Warne was not a great player at the beginning. What can you write-off about Khan. Khan performed well in test series, picked up 11 or 13 wickets, highest in the test series.

Anyway, i would not like to continue this argument anymore.

The bottom line is, if performance is what BCCI wants, then Khan has it.

I don't have any reservation about Khan.He is a great player, has talent, but need to work on his fiitness.
BCCI hasn't ingnored him.In fact BCCI can't ignore any fast bowler as they are a rare commodity.(they come, get injured , and go).

I just wish Munaf dosen't go Ashish Nehra way.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
Bravo defianatley has to be one of the trickiest bowlers to face when he is on-song. He has an extremely deceptive change of pace, and gets some really good movement. :rolleyes:

rahulk666

International Cricketer
blackleopard92 said:
I don't have any reservation about Khan.He is a great player, has talent, but need to work on his fiitness.
BCCI hasn't ingnored him.In fact BCCI can't ignore any fast bowler as they are a rare commodity.(they come, get injured , and go).

I just wish Munaf dosen't go Ashish Nehra way.

Zaheer Khan is performing well in England in county matches. But its just the start of county season and usually bowlers pick up lot of wkts during this time as the pitches are fresh and weather is conducive to fast bowling.

Pollock started his English county career with 4 wkts in 4 balls but in the end only managed to pick 40 odd wkts rest of the county season at an not-so-great average.

Zaheer might be working on his fitness and his bowling, but he needs to play more and perform more to be selected in the side again.

I too wish Munaf does not turn out like a Nehra. If he develops into a Mohd. Asif too then its good for India.

Muhammad Asif

School Cricketer
blackleopard92 said:

i dont think that tendulkar is still playing for india

tendulkar got better fitness than zaheer khan are you kidding with planet cricket members ;)

my advice to wi would be to make grassy pitches for indain bats man in order to win against india

there surely wont be batting pitches there i rember pak tour to wi last year pak bats man strugle badly but at the end they won because they had better bowling attack than wistendesian ;)
lat test was simply awsome where kaneria got lara out on duck :D ;)

Last edited:

Manohar

Club Cricketer
Originally Posted by dizzy92

genghis_khan said:
Yeh me too.

It seems that some of the Australian fans are giving unusual backing to West Indies against India in the forth coming series. Is this possibly because of their Wrath over the BCCI which may have used strong-arm tactics to move the 2011 World Cup to the Sub-continent.

prarara

International Cricketer
Manohar said:
Originally Posted by dizzy92

It seems that some of the Australian fans are giving unusual backing to West Indies against India in the forth coming series. Is this possibly because of their Wrath over the BCCI which may have used strong-arm tactics to move the 2011 World Cup to the Sub-continent.

In addition to that, it may just be a combination of negativism and a little bit fear posed by challengers to their throne-which is, for all considerations, firmly within their grasps.

Users who are viewing this thread