India tour of New Zealand - Jan to Feb 2014

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Are these games fixed or are India really that bad overseas. I mean how can a team be that bad else where.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Super innings from McCullum. Happy that he has the New Zealand record and the first ever triple century by a New Zealander. Also, phenomenal effort from Watling and Neesham to steer New Zealand to safety. If NZ win from here it would have to be one of the greatest ever Test wins.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Take a bow Brendon McCullum; fantastic achievement.
Just as well England and India now control test cricket and can't ever be relegated based on performance.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Unless India somehow chase a record target in two sessions, it'll be 14 tests since India has won an away test match. There has to be something wrong there, surely? To put it in context, that last away test win was in the West Indies in 2011! You can't be anywhere near "the best team in the world" with a record like that... There is plenty of issues in India - Dhoni is an awful captain and its a miracle that he's survived as long as he has as Test Captain; lots of the Indian batsmen apparently can't deal with pace bowling on pitches with something in them and they seem to lack something in the field that most other nations have - they look almost complacent...

Last edited:

ferg512

International Coach
Steve Davis should not be allowed to umpire another test match, hes been atrocious all series (for both sides).

----------

I mean that nick was up there with Symonds at the SCG 2008.

fk915

Club Cricketer
^While i dont support this whole tier rubbish, India is definitely a Top test playing Nation dot

I am not laughing on Indian team, I am laughing on BCCI and her two side kicks ... Just because BCCI is filthy rich that doesn't make India to qualify for Tier 1 and that applies to England and Australia as well. any team can beat any other team ... the person(s) who came up with the idea of no relegation for Australia, England and India must be a ------.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I am not laughing on Indian team, I am laughing on BCCI and her two side kicks ... Just because BCCI is filthy rich that doesn't make India to qualify for Tier 1 and that applies to England and Australia as well. any team can beat any other team ... the person(s) who came up with the idea of no relegation for Australia, England and India must be a ------.

That proposal was shot down for your information. That 'no relegation' is not part of the amended proposal that was tabled recently by the ICC.

So India, Australia or England perform badly for a consistent period of time, they could be relegated

ferg512

International Coach
They may be really bad overseas but no one (literally no one) would've predicted they'd finish the tour without a win. In fact I would've have said us not winning a game would be far more likely.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
They may be really bad overseas but no one (literally no one) would've predicted they'd finish the tour without a win. In fact I would've have said us not winning a game would be far more likely.

Seven games without a win, gotta love it.

grkrama

National Board President
^Most of the fans would know this is a young team that's barely 4 tests old overseas and with the bowling attack still not settled, would have had more sane expectations. Not like the last time around with Sachin and a settled team.
Also it doent matter we didnt win here if we take the lessons learnt and improve we will be a whole better team by the world cup

----------

Unless India somehow chase a record target in two sessions, it'll be 14 tests since India has won an away test match. There has to be something wrong there, surely? To put it in context, that last away test win was in the West Indies in 2011! You can't be anywhere near "the best team in the world" with a record like that... There is plenty of issues in India - Dhoni is an awful captain and its a miracle that he's survived as long as he has as Test Captain; lots of the Indian batsmen apparently can't deal with pace bowling on pitches with something in them and they seem to lack something in the field that most other nations have - they look almost complacent...

It is not the same team.

----------

No there is no relegation like saisrini pointed out, and it is always easy to point somebody to blame but its time all cricket boards and their fans look at becoming self sustainable, before BCCI it was eng, or aus previously dominating the boards, oneday it may become SA, the thing is its all in their fans and boards power to be who they are, no point blaming others for everything.

Last edited:

ferg512

International Coach
^Most of the fans would know this is a young team that's barely 4 tests old overseas and with the bowling attack still not settled, would have had more sane expectations. Not like the last time around with Sachin and a settled team.
Also it doent matter we didnt win here if we take the lessons learnt and improve we will be a whole better team by the world cup

I'm not really sure you are being harsh enough on them, I know they're a young team and all that but to finish the whole tour without winning one game should be extremely disappointing. I didn't see anyone really giving us a chance in either series before it started. Even I thought we might win one ODI if we were lucky.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not really sure you are being harsh enough on them, I know they're a young team and all that but to finish the whole tour without winning one game should be extremely disappointing. I didn't see anyone really giving us a chance in either series before it started. Even I thought we might win one ODI if we were lucky.

Ye basically. After IND were not embarrassed in the tests in S Africa, they would not have expected to come to NZ and not win a game.

Users who are viewing this thread