Indian Premier League 2009

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, I remember it now. I think Aussie1st did some trick which allowed to still fill in the scores. Hopefully that won't happen again this time.

Yes,there was some problem while filling in the scores.Hope that the same does not bother you lot this time around. :cheers

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Buying time, with so many guys being part of this event, may very well select a team and leave it at that!!
Oh Zexy nice work as usual, guess we too should get ready for the number of games that will be on and the time that would be needed for scoring.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Buying time, with so many guys being part of this event, may very well select a team and leave it at that!!
Oh Zexy nice work as usual, guess we too should get ready for the number of games that will be on and the time that would be needed for scoring.

Divide the games on a weekly basis.Could end up being easier.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Finally registered.. Before i forget :p

This is the tentative team I'm going in with:

Batsman 1 Andrew Flintoff +
Batsman 2 David Warner
Batsman 3 Yuvraj Singh +
Batsman 4 Shaun Marsh +
Batsman 5 Kevin Pietersen
Wicket Keeper Brendon McCullum
All-Rounder 1 Yusuf Pathan
All-Rounder 2 Virender Sehwag
Bowler 1 Albie Morkel +
Bowler 2 Zaheer Khan
Bowler 3 Manpreet Gony
Bowler 4 None Selected

Can't we have Flintoff as a bowler as well? I suppose he's one of the few genuine all-rounders around, who can ball and bat equally.

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Actually it's better to take the players who will play all the matches. But in your(Abhas) team, there are 3 players, who will not play all the matches.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
But there are players who perform in a couple of matches better then other players, who play the whole tournament. Like for example Symonds.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
We anyway can't be sure who will be playing the whole tournament. What if Sehwag gets injured in the 1st game :p

Still, this team is tentative, and I might make a few changes.. I don't even know which player plays for which team properly ;)

Abhas added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

btw.. which 3 are not playing the whole series?

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
We anyway can't be sure who will be playing the whole tournament. What if Sehwag gets injured in the 1st game :p

Still, this team is tentative, and I might make a few changes.. I don't even know which player plays for which team properly ;)

Abhas added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

btw.. which 3 are not playing the whole series?
Kevin Pietersen, Shaun Marsh and Andrew Flintoff.:)

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Somewhere I want to fit in Duminy and de Villiers, but I don't know where. Also I don't know their batting positions.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
De-Villiers would probably be No 3 or No 4 for DD. With Shikhar Dhawan gone, they would like him to play a more prominent role. But, somehow, he doesn't look consistent to me.
Duminy was tough to exclude. Home pitches would be great for the South Africans.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I would like to include Gibbs in the team, but Deccan Chargers has 8 foreign players, so he might actually be left out.

I just changed my team again. Instead of 7 Indians, I've got now 5 Indians left in my team. I am just hoping that all the players in my team will play.

Last edited:

Abhas

Retired Administrator
This time the selection is a bit trickier because the matches are being played in South Africa. Most of the Indian players who performed well last season, have very little or no experience of playing at an international venue.
I might replace Gony, and get Steyn instead.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hmmm forgot the tournament was in SA, will have to change my bowlers to more quick orientated. How many matches are KP and Flintoff missing?

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
this is IMPOSSIBLE. the best you can do is, pick best 5-6 player. you can never do better then that. i know i wont. after i sow this thread few days back i got a big headache. i thought i will pick the team at the last moment. and i just did. after seeing that list of all those players that headache came back. and i just randomly picked em. more like who ever i like, who ever is my favorite

good luck to all =)

btw just a suggestion, can we make use of those "REVERSE PLAYERS" this time around? it will be fun and better

Users who are viewing this thread