Story India's Journey To WCup,Special Edition-Johnnie Walker is back!

Who will win this ICC World Cup?

• The Powerless, West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bangladesh

• Ireland

• Zimbabwe

• Total voters

Gary123

School Cricketer
What a thriller there!
Wow.
England batsmen should have carried on after getting into 20's and 30's.
Brilliant update there Suren.
KIU.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
England looked so set with Strauss, KP and Bopara batting them back into the match after a calamity of an appearance from Joyce. Collingwood giving his wicket away is strange for his persona but all heroes have their downfalls from time to time. England just needed a batsman in the middle order to add some stability. Read was sensational and you can't blame him for getting out as he was the man who had to attack North no matter what.

Australia lucky as per the norm. ;)

A very good update there Suren, love the writing and graphics. "England Collapsed After KP!"s image isn't showing up, however.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What a thriller there!
Wow.
England batsmen should have carried on after getting into 20's and 30's.
Brilliant update there Suren.
KIU.

Thank you a lots mate. :banana2

England looked so set with Strauss, KP and Bopara batting them back into the match after a calamity of an appearance from Joyce. Collingwood giving his wicket away is strange for his persona but all heroes have their downfalls from time to time. England just needed a batsman in the middle order to add some stability. Read was sensational and you can't blame him for getting out as he was the man who had to attack North no matter what.

Australia lucky as per the norm. ;)

A very good update there Suren, love the writing and graphics. "England Collapsed After KP!"s image isn't showing up, however.

hehe, Australia is always lucky! :D By the way, are you able to see the image now, Jazy?

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Nope, I can't Suren. It's the actual image hosted on imageshack as when I quote your post and get the individual link it still doesn't load in a new tab.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Nope, I can't Suren. It's the actual image hosted on imageshack as when I quote your post and get the individual link it still doesn't load in a new tab.

Well just noticed it. Even for me, when I refresh 2-3 times, browser shows me that image. I seriously have no clue why that image alone has a problem. It is uploaded in imageshack like others. Sorry, have no clue. :(

Next match,

India vs Australia :)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
starpw7.jpg
L I V E

India In Australia
CommonWealth Bank Series 07
Third Match : Australia Vs India

Match 3, First Innings,
Live From Brisbane.

India Vs Australia - Toss and Pitch Report

bannertitleey7.jpg

Well, with the first games going down as a thriller, India have been placed in the bottom of the table. They had to win the match against Australia to stay competitive in this tournament. With mighty Aussies defending 250+ runs against England successfully, it is not going to be easy for young Indian team. Now it's time for the actions from Brisbane i.e India Vs Australia, Third match of the Commonwealth Bank series.

Weather Report, Live From Brisbane

weatherq.jpg

Well, the sky is pretty clear and there is no indication for any bad weather to interrupt the game. This is indeed a good news for all the cricket spectators. The atmosphere here is excellent and it seems to be perfect conditions for cricketing actions. The climate is also quite hot and humid, making the job bit tougher for the players to stay on the field and play.

However, the stadium is tightly packed with the audiences already and the cheering sound is already looking great. The whistles of Indian spectators and chanting of Aussie spectators do add to beauty of the conditions. In short, it is not looking like ordinary CB series, but like a bigger tournament. Lets go back and see what the pitch says. :)

Pitch Report, Live From Brisbane

pitchreport.jpg

This ground have gone through some drastic redevelopment over last decade and it is not the same older Brisbane cricket ground. The pitch now looks classic for the cricketing actions. It looks hard and do offer good bounce for the faster bowlers. The cracks which are already found on the pitch might open up even more during the last session of this match and thereby, making the batting tougher.

With good looking surface, the captains winning toss should go for batting and can put a good score to defend. The bowling might be tougher in the last session, so it is always better to be on safe side by batting first. Added to the fast bowling, the cracks might assist the spinners as well.

Overall, great and balanced cricket is what we can expect from this pitch. Its time for the toss and hear what the two captains say.

Toss, Live From Brisbane

toss.jpg

Surprisingly, India elects to bowl!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

The news from the toss is, Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni have won the toss and selected to bowl first.

The decision was quite shocking as the pitch report favored batting first. But Dhoni defends his decision by saying that his boys are good in chasing than defending the targets. Sharma, Pathan and Zaheer are still going to lead the bowling from front. Praveen Kumar was expected to play but Dhoni defends these three bowlers' talent.

However, Aussie attack is surprising with just 2 frontline seamers - Hilfy and Johnson. With Lee getting injured after England's ODI, Hopes come back as the replacement. North and Hauritz have the tough job to support the pacers. With Aussie bowling looking a bit weak compared to previous match, Ponting has to guide his men in putting up a mammoth score to stay safe.

Teams

teamsb.jpg

Aussies opening pair is still under experimentation. After Marsh's decent start against England, now it is time for Warner to wear the Aussie ODI cap. Yes, Warner makes debut in ODI series and with Aussie batting looking strong till North, the job for Indian bowlers is never going to be an easy one.

One more player making debut in this match is, Indian batting all-rounder Yusuf Pathan. Kohli and Dhawan have already made debuts in previous match but they failed to impress. With good T20 popularity spread by Warne on Pathan, he gets a good chance to impress the selectors against the mighty opponents. Pathan also adds to 5th bowling option.

Ready, Set and GO!

readytobat.jpg

With Aussies put into bat, the fielders and batsmen arrived at the ground following the on-field umpires. When the players stepped into the ground, the cheering sound and whistle sound from the spectators was tremendous. :hpraise The audience support for both these teams looks to be great and in fact, this crowd looks to be more than the crowd in WC2003 finals. :p

Marsh and Warner examined the pitch and Marsh took guard. Indian skipper was busy in setting the field and then handed the new shining white ball to Ishant Sharma. It is to be noted that Sharma have already impressed the selectors in first match against England and have enhanced his staying in team XI.

It's all set ready for the actions to take place. We have to wait and see how the Indian pacers handle the new ball against Warner/Marsh and strong Aussie batting line up. We will be right back for all the LIVE actions after a short break, Stay Tuned. :)

Aus : 0/0( 0 Overs )
S. Marsh : 0
D. Warner : 0

India won the Toss, elects to field

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Geez Ishant is good. Averages 5 with the ball!

:D Good luck with AC09.

Does the average matter when he bowls in the game? You would be surprised to see the next update then. ;) Also, I chose to bowl because, I am learning bowling now in the game & I don't want AI to chase my target in 20 odd overs. :D

I know it's a gamble to select AC09, lets see. ;)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
well can't wait till the next update. One question on AC09. Does the ai ever choose to bowl.

It always did bowl first in the Demo. When I tried as both England and Aussies in demo, either I used to win the toss & bat or CPU used to win the toss & bowl first. Till now, I am winning the toss somehow in full game. :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I want to get this game but I don't want to. One reason I don't want to is because it will cost me an extra $100 for a compatible graphics card and I didn't really like the previous 2 Codemasters games and by the looks of it, the AI pacing is still too quick but I do cause it looks fairly good.

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
You love to take risks don't you Suren? ;) But regarding the match, 34 degrees is quite warm and the first thing that they players will need is a much needed drinks break after 10-15 overs or so just to get them rehydrated.

Looking at the squads, I dunno what Marcus North is doing batting below James Hopes. Also, I feel that the number 3 position should have been taken up by a new gun e.g: Badrinath, Rohit Sharma or even Dinesh Karthik but I think the Indians want to go for strength in this match.

My final verdict is that the Indians will win this match as they have the batting power and despite being just a fraction weak in the bowling compared to Australia, they have enough good bowlers to take quick wickets and aplly pressure with Harbhajan and co.

Fantastic presentation and graphics Suren! Truly superb! :hpraise

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Wow!! Another great update from you mate. Gamble to bowl first done by Dhoni and I hope the bowlers do live up to his expectations. Aussies would be hoping to get some quick runs and destroy the Indian opening bowlers Marsh and Warner, but I hope Sharma and Zak can get some quick wickets. As PA said lots of energy drinks will be needed as the temperature is high but the Indians are used to such temperatures in India.

Users who are viewing this thread