India's Tour Of Sri Lanka- August 2015

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
that was nice delivery from mishra, hope he gets a good spell this time.

I cant help but think how different would things have been at Galle had we not picked Harby Singh. Mishra and Ashwin were underbowled just because they had Harby in the side.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
India have won 90% of the sessions in this series so far and yet the series would be 1-1 going into the third test. Kohli and Co. would be rueing what happened at Galle. The series should`ve been done and dusted by now and we would`nt have had to worry about the injuries that we have now suffered.

PokerAce

Banned
This test seems wrapped up barring rain ofcourse. India should really have had the series wrapped up by now, had it not been for the poor show on the final day in the first test after dominating for so long. For the final test, I think Bhuvi should get in ahead of Binny. Bhuvi can do a job with the bat, and he could be played.

I havent seen a whole lot today, but how has Rahul's keeping been. Even if its been okay, I would pick him ahead of Ojha as the keeper. I have never been a fan of going back to the 90s and just playing a keeper who cant bat. Saha did score some runs later on, but even so Rahul as a Keeper is clearly the better option. If he keeps he will bat lower down the order of course, so we could have Vijay, Dhawan open, Rahane, Kohli Rohit (guess we are stuck with him), and the Rahul. Thats 5 genuine batsmen (not counting his highness), and then India cna play 5 bowlers. If two of the bowlers are Bhuvi and Ashwin, that just gives more solidity. Mishra can hold hit a few, followed by Ishant and Yadav/Varun.

Good side.

PokerAce

Banned
Cheteshwar Pujara to play as opener in third Test - Cricbuzz

A little harsh on Pujara, who will have to open to reclaim his place. But I suppose not every one has super, infinite, never ending potential like his highness does, and so the batting order cannot be disrupted to get him a place in the side. So the mortals like Pujara have to make do with whatever slot is available to them.

One may think that being a no. 3, he must be used to the new ball, but opening as Dravid said os many times, is still very different from coming in at no. 3.

Even so I am happy that Pujara gets to play test again, and to be fair the SL opening bowlers haven't seemed like anything Pujara should not be able to handle. So Pujara should look to make the most of this opportunity. If Pujara scores, then his highness will have a hard time hiding in the line up.

I would also like Bhuvi ahead of Binny in the side. Binny did bowl well I will give him that, but Bhuvi can do as good a job, if not better with the ball, and provides the same runs as Binny did in the previous test.

grkrama

National Board President
A little harsh on Pujara, who will have to open to reclaim his place. But I suppose not every one has super, infinite, never ending potential like his highness does, and so the batting order cannot be disrupted to get him a place in the side. So the mortals like Pujara have to make do with whatever slot is available to them.

ya for one who is so precious about opening in ODI's and not giving rahanae his slot, sure seems to want to hide behind everyone in tests.

Natural order would have been to let naman ojha or No hit open with rahul and pujara at 3 and rahanae at 5. But the whole team seems to be built around him rather than him fitting into the team.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

grkrama

National Board President
Why isn't he playing in the 3rd and final test?

had the same thought seems he wanted to retire after WC but agreed to play 4 more tests and that was split between pak and ind.

In a special press conference conducted after the third day's play of the second Test, the 37-year old made public his decision to quit the longest format, ending weeks of speculation. The prolific left-hander revealed that he had intended to retire from all forms of cricket after the 2015 Cricket World Cup but had agreed to play four more Test matches at the behest of Sri Lanka's previous selection committee.

Sangakkara to retire after second India Test - Cricbuzz

Nice gesture from Kohli,

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just a perfect game for India. Well worked plan that did go well throughout, ending up in a good result. Batsmen and bowlers both played well up to the mark whenever it was needed. I can say, India can do more and more better under Virat Kohli's captaincy if he make appropriate decisions in the given circumstances. After all it's a 5 day game, you've to be patient and work according to the need. VK yet has to learn much but good job on his first test win as a captain.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
A different result on the final day of Galle would have won India this series. India have totally dominated Sri Lanka thus far in this series except for that period of play where Chandimal and Herath took advantage of a shaky Indian side. India always needs a kick in the butt like that, historically.

Very well bowled Ashwin and Mishra. I like their combination and hope its persisted in tests. Bring back Pragyan Ojha in the mix and you can have a good variety of off spin, leg spin and left arm spin. Harby is done and dusted.

Cheteshwar Pujara to play as opener in third Test - Cricbuzz

One may think that being a no. 3, he must be used to the new ball, but opening as Dravid said os many times, is still very different from coming in at no. 3.

Even so I am happy that Pujara gets to play test again, and to be fair the SL opening bowlers haven't seemed like anything Pujara should not be able to handle. So Pujara should look to make the most of this opportunity. If Pujara scores, then his highness will have a hard time hiding in the line up.

I would also like Bhuvi ahead of Binny in the side. Binny did bowl well I will give him that, but Bhuvi can do as good a job, if not better with the ball, and provides the same runs as Binny did in the previous test.

Its OK! Atleast Pujara now gets a game. Its up to him to make it count now. And it definitely feels better to think that Pujara is opening in subcontinent conditions (even though nothing is so easy). Its upto him to grab the opportunity now and slam Kohli with huge pressure as to "who to pick".

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Just a perfect game for India. Well worked plan that did go well throughout, ending up in a good result. Batsmen and bowlers both played well up to the mark whenever it was needed. I can say, India can do more and more better under Virat Kohli's captaincy if he make appropriate decisions in the given circumstances. After all it's a 5 day game, you've to be patient and work according to the need. VK yet has to learn much but good job on his first test win as a captain.

VK is showing signs of jumbled captaincy. Makes changes very quickly without letting the seed grow. If Dhoni was one extreme, Kohli is the other. Why don't we find someone inbetween?

Kohli has quite some way to go.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
VK is showing signs of jumbled captaincy. Makes changes very quickly without letting the seed grow. If Dhoni was one extreme, Kohli is the other. Why don't we find someone inbetween?

Kohli has quite some way to go.

I'd avoid to judge his captaincy now. It's his first series as a captain and let the man lead more games in tests for India. I shan't compare him with Dhoni though, he's much different. Kohli is doing better with the bat as well, which is extremely good sign for Indian team. If Kohli's not the captain, there's no better option than Dhoni to go with. In some case I feel only Ashwin could be the choice at team's this stage. He's more stable than any other in the team and his work-rate level is just awesome.

Anyways, I actually believe Kohli has not finished learning. He's still there to face various difficulties in the ground that every new captain must face.

PokerAce

Banned
Dhoni was a master-class captain. He had the born leadership I guess

I agree you looked at Dhoni and you saw a captain. Not the case with Kohli as of now. Its a shame in the second half his career Dhoni was straddled with an aging side not long capable of performing like before, and then when the old guard gave way Dhoni had to do with a completely new side and teach them the ropes from scratch.

The one blemish that Dhoni had was his overseas record, but one must keep in mind that Dhoni's overseas record can be broken in two halves. One Pre-WC, and one Post-WC. Pre-WC Dhoni had a great record, he won the series in NZ, and remains the only Indian skipper ever to draw a series away in SA. In fact Dhoni is the only Skipper in all of the Sub-continent of all Sub-continent nations to not have lost a series in SA.

Post - WC with the guys retiring and Zaheer no longer capable of leading the attack, Dhoni was leading a side that no longer had the bowling to win a series away. He just didn't ahve the bowlers to take 20 wickets away from India.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
He just didn't ahve the bowlers to take 20 wickets away from India.

Was agreeing with you, until this point. And I agree with this point too, but once again, you cannot expect 3.5 bowlers to take 20 wickets in a Test Match

--

About Kohli. He is only 4 matches old. Hardly a fair comparison in any way

Users who are viewing this thread