India's Tour of Sri Lanka

Jit

International Cricketer
Sri Lanka 3-2.

Mendis player of the tournament.

i want him in the test series against out top spin batsman dam it will be a great contest and dhoni i hope he is out of the tour cuz he sucks in tests i want dinesh karthik to wk in tests cuz he is much better in tests

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mendis is more than enough thank you ;).

lol it will be great watching him in his 1st test against a side like India. They play spin so well and the wickets are a spinners paradise in Sri Lanka but even than he doesn't use much spin. The difference in test will be that the Indians can take their time and work out a strategy.

i want him in the test series against out top spin batsman dam it will be a great contest and dhoni i hope he is out of the tour cuz he sucks in tests i want dinesh karthik to wk in tests cuz he is much better in tests

I hope for India's sake that Dhoni plays, he has improved allot in over the past year as a test batsman and is way ahead of KKD in my eyes.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Dhoni may be rested for this series.

Ajantha Mendis is the trump card. It must suck to be the opposition when you know there's this mysterious bowler that you have absolutely no clue about, that can come ruin your party whenever he wants.

India2011

Club Cricketer
Can anyone tell me what Indian Channel is broadcasting this series? Is it neo Cricket or Star Cricket? I hope it's Star Cricket, but can anyone tell me please?

Anyways, Dhoni made the right descision. This'll be a good rest for the poor guy - he's been worked like a machine recently. And btw, thanks for the notice, Gilly Fan.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Yuvraj dropped,Rohit,Pragyan in.

Team for Lanka Tests.
Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, VVS Laxman, Rohit Sharma, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Parthiv Patel (wk), Anil Kumble (capt), Harbhajan Singh, Ishant Sharma, Zaheer Khan, RP Singh, Munaf Patel, Pragyan Ojha.

Can anyone tell me what Indian Channel is broadcasting this series? Is it neo Cricket or Star Cricket? I hope it's Star Cricket, but can anyone tell me please?

Ten Sports.

.Mob

International Coach
Parthiv deserves it, but not so sure about Rohit Sharma, it's funny how they ignored Badri yet again. But I'm glad now that Jaffer is gone, and the fact that Ojha is in. Badri now has a chance to shine in the emerging players tournament though, as captain.

However, most of all, KKD's big chance, I hope he takes it.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Rohit, don't worry. Rohit Sharma won't get a game unless one of the Fab 4 gets injured. The Obnoxious Weed is back as well :p.

And .Mob, I just have this feeling that Tiwary and Badrinath are getting that much closer. It's just a matter of time. I'm glad Kaif was not selected.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Parthiv deserves it, but not so sure about Rohit Sharma, it's funny how they ignored Badri yet again. But I'm glad now that Jaffer is gone, and the fact that Ojha is in. Badri now has a chance to shine in the emerging players tournament though, as captain.

However, most of all, KKD's big chance, I hope he takes it.

I wouldn't mind Parthiv tbh if he just gave up on Wicketkeeping. He would have a better chance of getting into the team, and wouldn't hurt our chances as much. He's just not good with the gloves!

Although his fielding is arguably worse...

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Expect a whitewash by Sri Lanka. :mad:

India2011

Club Cricketer
Team for Lanka Tests.

Ten Sports.

Thanks.

I finally see Karthik getting a chance.

As for Rohit and Ojha, good choice. Parthiv - not so sure. He was given chances for India, and not performed. It might be a bit unfair, considering that he was brought in at the tender age of 17, but I would give him a few more years, he's still only 23 or something. I would have taken Manoj Tiwari, Badrinath, or Kaif in his place.

It'll be interesting to see, if he plays, how Rohit Sharma will react to the longer format, never saw him bat for Mumbai.

This'll be my XI for India:

1) Gambhir
2) Sehwag
3) Dravid
4) Sachin
5) Ganguly
6) Laxman
7) KKD
8) Kumble
9) Harbhajan/Ojha
10) Zak
11) Ishant