India's Tour of Zimbabwe - July 2015

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
All said and done though, I think this was a series that Zim should have won, playing at home against a side, with 4 real internationals in their ranks, 5 if u really stretch the point.

Im sorry but this is utter ****. India were clear favourites being the mighty cricket gods that they are, coming up against Zimbabwe who most of their players have only played a series against Pakistan since the world cup ended. This is the Indian cricket team, not the crappy reserves with one eye and half a leg team. Zimbabwe would never be expected to win a series against India so stop moaning about how everyone in the Indian side is useless and accept that Zimbabwe nearly beat India and could of beaten India in the second game (if they stopped batting like South Africa).

PokerAce

Banned
Im sorry but this is utter ****. India were clear favourites being the mighty cricket gods that they are, coming up against Zimbabwe who most of their players have only played a series against Pakistan since the world cup ended. This is the Indian cricket team, not the crappy reserves with one eye and half a leg team. Zimbabwe would never be expected to win a series against India so stop moaning about how everyone in the Indian side is useless and accept that Zimbabwe nearly beat India and could of beaten India in the second game (if they stopped batting like South Africa).

You clearly think team names win games, and not the players. India have sent a bullsh!t side to Zimbabwe, that cannot be favs against any test side at full strength including Zimbabwe.

To say that Zimbabwe were always going to lose, regardless of what players India sent, is utter bullsh!t and frankly disrespectful to Zim players. Its like India could send a bunch of 10 yr olds to play and Zim would still have lost, because Ind are mighty cricket gods.

I mean seriously the levels retardness on this board seems to grow higher and higher everyday. So not only are you the only one moaning here, you are frankly blabbering.

Also I have no problem with Zim nearly beating India, I am infact going further to say that let alone winning one match, Zimbabwe should hae won the series as well. Why is point to utterly lost on you, I do not understand. Not only could Zimbabwe have beaten India, they should have beaten the reserve side India has sent to Zimbabwe.[DOUBLEPOST=1436811127][/DOUBLEPOST]
you lost me there LOL ! come again ?

This guy is fast reaching the paranoia levels of the one guy I have on the ignore list, and we both know who that is :D

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
To the people who watched the game: how was Robin's keeping ? I have been reading comments on cricinfo about how awful he was. Having done nothing with the bat so far either, another failure in the last ODI could very well be the end of his ODI career.

Wouldn't be a big loss because the few runs he "might" score with his bat get nullified by his poor keeping.

PokerAce

Banned
^ I haven't seen the games in entirety and mostly have just tuned in for a bit when Ind were batting, only to tune out again soon. There is so much happening, or atleast was till last week. Ashes, Wimbledon, ICC Qualifiers, F1, and what not, Ind vs Zim was not exactly top viewing priority.

Anyway the point is I have seen very little of the keeping. However at the end of the first game, I tuned into the match and it had already finished and the post game show was on, and I remember one of the guys saying Uthappa was poor behind stumps. I didn't bother to watch that segment, I switched channels.

So its safe to say he had a poor first match, no idea about the second.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This guy is fast reaching the paranoia levels of the one guy I have on the ignore list, and we both know who that is :D

don't say that, i might just start quoting all of their posts and mentioning you so you have to read them, and you can't put me on your ignore list ;)

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
So 3-0 in the end.

This series hasnt really helped Rahane's cause. He chose his the opening spot and did score a few runs, but that big century still eluded him. To top it off, Rayudu and Jadhav's centuries measure centuries have now opened up the race for that middle order spot even more.

Bowling wise, Bhuvi getting into some sort of ryhtm was a good positive. But his death bowling is still a major issue. Axar and Bhajji did a decent job going by the stats. Jadeja wont be feeling too good about this.

Forget to mention: Looks like we will be stuck with Binny for quite some time now. Top wicket taker for India, and third highest run scorer too. I dont mind. Performance over talent for me any day. If he can develop his game some more and keep performing, then he deserves his spot regardless of the mysteries around his initial selection

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Zimbabwe seem to have gone backwards since their impressive showings in the World Cup...:noway

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Zimbabwe seem to have gone backwards since their impressive showings in the World Cup...:noway
Yeah, i was rooting for Zimbabwe in WC but the way they are playing after WC is not a good sign. They played well against Pakistan but didn't win. They played well in 1st match against india but sadly didn't win. There is no fighting spirit for win which i saw in WC.

PokerAce

Banned

I think Zimbabwe need to look at the mid-overs bowling. They had India on the ropes and let them off in the mid overs in two of the matches. A good spinner would be a useful addition.

More responsibility must be placed on the batsmen. They seemed to get out to too many casual shots.

PokerAce

Banned
Bowling wise, Bhuvi getting into some sort of ryhtm was a good positive. But his death bowling is still a major issue. Axar and Bhajji did a decent job going by the stats. Jadeja wont be feeling too good about this.

Forget to mention: Looks like we will be stuck with Binny for quite some time now. Top wicket taker for India, and third highest run scorer too. I dont mind. Performance over talent for me any day. If he can develop his game some more and keep performing, then he deserves his spot regardless of the mysteries around his initial selection

I think Bhuvi did well at the end to be honest, especially in the first match, and even bowler the crucial final over to get the 4 run win.

As for Binny if he keeps performing, why the hell not. I was way more impressed with Jadhav and Manish Pandey though. Both new to the side, both could have played for themselves gotten 85 n.o. each, but both kept going for the big shots at the end. Manish got out and Jadhav got to a 100. So I was delighted with them.

It really is the end of the road for Manoj Tiwary though. I don't see how he could comeback after throwing away his chance this series,

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Zimbabwe really just came unstuck at the absolute wrong times. In the first and third match they allowed India to recover from bad starts and in the second, their top order failed to carry the momentum from restricting the Indian batting after a good start. That middle order looks mighty frail for Zim, especially if Elton Chigumbura doesn't come off. Lower order looks alright with Mutumbami and Sikandar Raza both showing good intent and flashes, and they probably need a good one-day spinner because Greame Cremer doesn't look like he belongs at this stage.

Also, Zimbabwe really suffered from their fielding lapses. In fact the reprieves to Rayudu in the first match and dropping Jadhav on 41 in the third, you could argue, cost them those matches. In contrast, India's fielding lapses didn't cost them much in the way of runs.

Users who are viewing this thread