Inglourious Basterds

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Went to see Tarantino's latest piece of work tonight for the advanced screenings. Cba going into detail, but it's hands down the best film i've seen this decade and you simply have to see it.

Manly

Thor
I said from the first trailer that I must see it.

Looks like a canine's testicl?s.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I'll definitely be looking to see it soon, but it has recieved some mixed reviews. The Cannes Film festival certainly weren't fans of it. It's got BJ Novak in it though, and that alone makes it an instant win in my books. Looking forward to giving it a watch.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
OK I saw it - wow. Best movie I have seen in ages. Brad Pitt is in awesome form, was fantastic in Burn After Reading and just as good in this. Tarantino once again pulls out an absolute gem.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Saw it and thought it was pretty funny (and loved the references to other Tarantino work). Not sure about the underlying message though; extreme violence is justified against certain people - fight terror with terror and win. Kind of an insidious condonement of Guantanamo.
Also worried that people may not be educated enough to realise a/ that it's ahistorical and b/ the ironic intent.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I don't care much for hidden messages and such, it's an absolute win of a film.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
They're Nazis, of course it's OK to hunt them down, cut off their scalps and carve swastikas into their foreheads :laugh

P

pcfan123

Never been a big fan of Tarintino, sure Pulp Fiction was good and so was Resevoir Dogs but I did not like most of his other stuff, that being said I will go see this just so I am not lost at the water cooler all month long.

Hmarka added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

I'll definitely be looking to see it soon, but it has recieved some mixed reviews. The Cannes Film festival certainly weren't fans of it. It's got BJ Novak in it though, and that alone makes it an instant win in my books. Looking forward to giving it a watch.

boy you really like the office eh

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
finally got hold of this film. massively overrated.
the film should've been named as "inglourious emmanuelle" or "the revenge of emmanuelle mimieux" instead! :sarcasm

after the first 25-30 mins, it gave the impression of yet another tarantino classic. but it just went haywire from there. my main gripe about this movie
is the basterds have hardly any screen time. no character development,no group chatting...nothing. out of the eight basterds, only two or three have any substantial role while the rest just fill the background.
"we'll be cruel to the germans" says pitt in the movie..... but except for the one scene with the baseball bat, we dont get see any of their "Cruelty".

also, the climax was so stupid. wont give away the details for those who havent seen this film yet.

the only saving grace of this movie is Christoph Waltz as Col.Hans Landa.
man this guy deserves an oscar FOR SURE !!!!
my fav.scenes in the movie are the intro build-up and the bar scene.

another irritating aspect of this movie is the lack of action sequences. but then, tarantino is known for his dialogues and his love for hearing his own characters talk. although the trailers gave the impression of an action thriller..so...am even more disappointed.

Overall : 2.5 / 5. Definitely better than Death Proof but way below tarantino standards.

Users who are viewing this thread