IPL Cricket Captain??

just_cricket

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Watching the Indian Premier League and hearing about the auctions etc. made me think about having an entire game dedicated to the IPL.
Thanks to the brilliant patchers, we do have IPL available on Cricket 07 (or what they call Cricket 08) but the gameplay is limited to just the matches.

International Cricket Captain would be a game perfectly suited to an IPL version, as it already has some degree of trading players, buying overseas players etc. on County Mode. The game would surely have a huge audience as well- while it would get a little one dimensional after a while, there would be thousands upon thousands of cricket mad, IPL mad people out there who would buy this if it was roughly the same cost as the International Cricket Captain games are now. Let's face it- what has a bigger audience, County Cricket or IPL? And the IPL is virtually international cricket anyway!

Here's how I would envisage the game:

Manager Mode

This would be the main mode, where the you choose a side/franchise to take control of. First of all, you take part in the auction, where you have a certain amount of money to bid on players. The format of this auction would be similar to that of bidding for overseas players, youth players etc. I think this would be great, as you could customise your own team and choose your favourite players to play for your favourite team.
Now you have a squad of players, you have a period of training, where firstly you have to buy a coach. Then you simply assign each player to a different element of training (this is like ICC3, where you can choose whether the player gets batting technique practice or bowling outswingers practice etc.) If you want, you can buy a physio and assign a few physio sessions for players who are injured.
There would also be a 'team practice' option, the idea here is to balance individual skills training with team training and molding the time together.

Then you can play the IPL in a similar format to ICC, except with IPL stadiums, pitchads, commentators etc. At the end, if you win you get extra money to spend next time round.

Another idea I had, was that Xplosiv wouldn't have to release a whole new edition each year like ICC, but they could simply create a new patch each year e.g. Do an update on kits, commentators, players available etc. that would be able to be downloaded from a website or something.

This is less likely, but I also though of a career mode, where you are a young indian player who is striving to get into an IPL side, and you can play games for the 2nd XI for your side (e.g. Mumbai Indians Youth Team), try to get a sponsor etc. and finally (hopefully) make the squad in time for the tournament.

The career option would just be a bonus, but I think the Manager mode would not be an unrealistic ask.

dajesmac

Club Captain
Excellent idea, I've actually thought this myself before. I'm amazed you got no replies.

As for the career mode thing, it would have to be made to absolute perfection really, anything less and it would be a flop. Plus it would be difficult and I can't see anyone making it.

P

pcfan123

2020 is too short for coaching games. I dont even like playing ODIs because its too quick.

dajesmac

Club Captain
Yeah good point, too much luck involved. I actually don't mind ODI's, I find it a perfect blend of strategy and excitement.

sandeep_chandak

School Cricketer
Good point, but I was hoping the game we're discussing had a game we're you're actually playing, not simulating. Otherwise that career mode wouldn't work.

IPL has been such a big hit, i think BCCI should be thinking in terms of launching a IPL cricket game of its own keeping in mind the amount of revenues it has been generating from the past two years, along with all the franchises of the IPL and club teams of CLT20, i guess that too would be a big hit.

Beej7

School Cricketer
That is an unbelievable idea.

I always talk to my mates about how there should be an IPL game where you can manage a team and have player auctions, and all the IPL stadiums and commentators. Would be a dream come true.

It would be a good idea to make this game for the coming IPL 4 and include Pune and Kochi in it =)

Beej7

School Cricketer
They should make a game for the coming IPL 4 including Pune and Kochi, it would be a dream come true =)

tosayak

School Cricketer
download link ??

is ths suggested game ready .. if yes, from where can i download it .. download link please .. ?? :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread