Knockout Comp:- Final

madmattg

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
How good are you guys using the Minow countries?

Ie Bangladesh or Namibia.

I find it hard to push boundaries with these guys.

If the fields is a medium agressive it always airs to them.

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
I've made 370 using Netherlands against Sri Lanka using Ravi's Version 6 patch. I tend to have the problem with Zimbabwe that they air a lot more shots, you really got to be precise with the timing with these teams. If you are a good enough player you can compete well with any team.

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
By the way Squiz, I'll probably finish the match tomorrow. I'm way too tired right now and I want to give myself the best possible chance.

madmattg

International Cricketer
Comments from the super coach.

Thanks man, I can play fairly well. But yes my timing must go astray with these crappy countries.

At times I lash out and of course get out.

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
Final Result

Zimbabwe 468 (47.2 overs) - Sri Lanka win by 1 run

What an exciting finish to the game. Shame that I'm the only one who got to witness it first hand. The final 25 overs started well for Zimbabwe. Flower (75 off 56 balls) and Taibu (38 from 49 balls) managed to put on a 97 runs before Flower was stumped off Dharmsena's bowling looking to lift the run rate which had been slowed down by Taibu's batting. Flower's wicket triggered a mini collapse from Zimbabwe losing 3 wickets for only 5 runs, including a terrible LBW decision against Taibu, the ball clearly pitching outside the leg stump. Zimbabwe were 8/331 needing another 129 runs to win, even getting past the 400 mark seemed hopeless. Enter Andy Blignaut with great support from Price (42* off 27 balls). Blignaut slaughtered the Sri Lankan bowling attack smashing 89 runs off only 41 balls, bringing up his 50 off 28 deliveries. That innings brought Zimbabwe into a commanding position when Blignaut fell LBW to Jayasuriya they need only 5 runs to win with 21 balls to spare. In a piece of running that can be compared among the likes of the Klusener and Donald fiasco in the 99 World Cup saw Hondo run out with the Zimbabwe total still 1 run behind the Sri Lankan total.

I'd like to congrantulate Squiz on winning this tournament, well done mate.

squiz

International Coach
WOW, What a close game, Good Try Iron-Haggis.

YAY I won :D

Originally posted by Sanath Jaysuriya
Out top order batted pretty poorly, throughout the first match, but luckily our middle order was strong. Quite the opposite in the finals with our top order batted superbly. Credit to Zimbabwe for putting up, such a great fight, and almost pulling off a stunning run chase. Our bowlers bowled very poorly this tournament, which really let us down. All in all it was a great win, and we'll be celebrating tonight.

Well Done Iron-Haggis for making it this far.

brad352

Executive member
:eek: great effort Iron-Haggis, you did well to even get close to the total, but congratulations to squiz on winning the tourney:)

Users who are viewing this thread